Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

Did a light session tonight guys of 4x10 paused bench upping the weight 10 lbs a set then slightly heavier 3x10 pauses incline bench followed by 3x5, 1x10 paused floor presses and then 4 sets of 10 triceps pressdowns. First Rehab bench workout. Felt good. No issue with the pec. Doing to another super light dB session Saturday with 20 rep sets. Going to increase the weight for the sets 10 lbs next week. Just finished icing. Feeling good but taking it slow 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Late in my shift today, I told one of our Corporate Sales Managers that he was an incompetent buffoon that embarrassed himself and the company every time he opened his mouth.  Just so he didn't misunderstood me, I then proceeded to tell him that he was the absolute worst salesperson I have seen in 30 years of business and that I wasn't sure who he blew to keep his job, because I wouldn't hire him to twirl a sign on the side of the road.

Long hours may not be a problem soon.  Probably should have had a snickers and took a nap.  🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣

The truth is dangerous in these times and all times, Mike. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

The truth is dangerous in these times and all times, Mike. 

Yea, I can usually refrain from career limiting moves.  Sometimes it just flows out like the time I tried to beer bong a 5th of cheap bourbon in high school.  

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Yea, I can usually refrain from career limiting moves.  Sometimes it just flows out like the time I tried to beer bong a 5th of cheap bourbon in high school.  

My old brother in law beer bonged a Beam and coke which was about 90% beam. Never seen someone hold their liquor like he did, he didn't throw that up but his face got beet red.

5 minutes ago, king crusher said:

My old brother in law beer bonged a Beam and coke which was about 90% beam. Never seen someone hold their liquor like he did, he didn't throw that up but his face got beet red.

One of the most tragic episodes of my life.  Lol

9006A82F-B599-4636-BA71-DCC51A2C7FC7.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

That's huge buddy.  Your max has to be getting close to 350 right?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

strong work :rock

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

That's huge buddy.  Your max has to be getting close to 350 right?  

Thanks, man! I was happy with it, but I keep coming up a rep short of my goal. But I did put 8 pounds more on the bar than I originally planned. Yes, my bench is in the 350 neighborhood. I’m gonna max out when I can hit 363.  

10 hours ago, Chez said:

strong work :rock

Thank you, Chez!  Just doing my small part to keep this thread alive.  😀

• Like 1

1st day in a week I've been able to hit the shed.  Work has been crazy.  Pretty happy with this set.  Touched low on my last rep and got a little out of the groove or it might not have been quite as grindy.  I had ballooned back up to 270.  Working 12-16 hour shifts the last 2 weeks has helped me drop 7 lbs.  So back to 263 this morning.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

1st day in a week I've been able to hit the shed.  Work has been crazy.  Pretty happy with this set.  Touched low on my last rep and got a little out of the groove or it might not have been quite as grindy.  I had ballooned back up to 270.  Working 12-16 hour shifts the last 2 weeks has helped me drop 7 lbs.  So back to 263 this morning.

Strong set!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Strong set!

Thanks! Appreciate it. 

8 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Your killing it mike. 

I actually weighed myself for the first time since last summer this weekend and I was shocked. I’m down like 18 lbs. 280 now 

• Like 2

Raised the weights again this week as I continue to rehab the pec tweak but still light stuff. Good news is no issue with the pec. More weight next week. Trying to be patient and smart:

Flat barbell Bench - every rep paused

warms ups

135 - 10x

155 - 10x

175 - 10x

195 - 10x 

Incline Barbell Bench 

135 - 10 paused reps

185 - 10x

205 - 10x

Barbell Floor Press - every rep paused

185 lbs - 5x

205 - 5x

225 - 5x

205 - 10x

tricep pushdowns

100 lbs in plates - 4 sets of 10x

side note - we weighed my buddy’s 45 lb plates last weekend and almost every plate weighed heavy with most weighing 48 and change and one weighing 50 and changed. We always suspected cause weights always feel heavier in his home gym and now we know for sure 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Raised the weights again this week as I continue to rehab the pec tweak but still light stuff. Good news is no issue with the pec. More weight next week. Trying to be patient and smart:

Flat barbell Bench - every rep paused

warms ups

135 - 10x

155 - 10x

175 - 10x

195 - 10x 

Incline Barbell Bench 

135 - 10 paused reps

185 - 10x

205 - 10x

Barbell Floor Press - every rep paused

185 lbs - 5x

205 - 5x

225 - 5x

205 - 10x

tricep pushdowns

100 lbs in plates - 4 sets of 10x

side note - we weighed my buddy’s 45 lb plates last weekend and almost every plate weighed heavy with most weighing 48 and change and one weighing 50 and changed. We always suspected cause weights always feel heavier in his home gym and now we know for sure 

Good workout! Yea all my standard 45s are heavy.

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Good workout! Yea all my standard 45s are heavy.

When I had a home set my new ones were light. Old ones heavy. His are really heavy 

C383C41A-4B86-4116-A38F-D8AF3585F018.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

Very strong Eric!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Very strong Eric!

Thanks, buddy!

Just watched your 240x10. Way to tough it out! Great set. 

3 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Thanks, buddy!

Just watched your 240x10. Way to tough it out! Great set. 

Thanks.  Was out of the groove on that last rep.  Almost didn't make it.  Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks.  Was out of the groove on that last rep.  Almost didn't make it.  Lol

I had doubts after your fifth rep. You must be a bench-repper like me. 

15 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

I had doubts after your fifth rep. You must be a bench-repper like me. 

Yea, I can increase reps at lower weights much easier than I can add pounds onto my max.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Great stuff eric. I always have to google to convert your numbers to freedom units lol 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Chez said:

Great stuff eric. I always have to google to convert your numbers to freedom units lol 

Thanks, Chez! But it’s so simple: double the kilos and add 10% of that figure. 😆 Or just do Powerlifting all your life and have the numbers memorized.