Race to raw 375 T&G bench thread!!!- Race still open!

Tommy J.

3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Not saying you guys should be worried, but I'm back over a bodyweight bench press.  Lol. 

Bench Press: Worked up to single with 255 (10 lb post injury PR)

Reg SS: 255 x 4 (PI PR)

JM Press with SSB:  Worked up to 153 X 10

Band press downs and rotator cuff work.

that's awesome mike. Keep up the strong work!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chez said:

that's awesome mike. Keep up the strong work!

Thanks bruddah!

Lil basement workout during the apocalypse lol

Not used to using baby weights (90lb dumbbells) so had to rep um out. 

First set I hit an easy 20, second 18, third 16.

Here's my 20. Probably had 22 I'd guess.

The power blocks are harder than regular dumbbells due to the cumbersome size and grip position but they do provide a good workout and are so versatile. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Lil basement workout during the apocalypse lol

Not used to using baby weights (90lb dumbbells) so had to rep um out. 

First set I hit an easy 20, second 18, third 16.

Here's my 20. Probably had 22 I'd guess.

The power blocks are harder than regular dumbbells due to the cumbersome size and grip position but they do provide a good workout and are so versatile. 

What's your max at now?  Nice set.

48 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

What's your max at now?  Nice set.

Thanks.  With dumbbells or barbell?

I've been working with 120's at the gym on incline. I'm sure I'd get the 130's for 6-8 reps on flat. For Barbell bench it's probably 315-320 I just don't max so not sure. The 90's(even the blocks) felt light though due to using the 115's-120's weekly for a long time.

• Like 1

D617408A-41A5-4734-9CA5-21A3DAFA624F.jpeg

• Like 3

Still in this guys. I don't have a home gym cause I own a one bedroom apartment just north of NYC so no space. But my buddy is a power lifter and is letting me train the powerlifts in his garage gym with him. On Wednesday, I started back up the program I was using before the pec strain. As with all programs it starts light so nothing worth noting. I was making amazing progress on this program before the pec strain so I am looking forward to get back to that level in the upcoming weeks as it ramps up. 

Also, my co-op board is letting me store weight plates in the community fitness room to train loading pin grip stuff like crusher, flask etc. 

And I bought a heavy band system that anchors to the door for accessory work like lat pull downs, tricep pressdowns etc. 

Always gotta keep moving forward and overcoming obstacles...........

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

Still in this also. Albeit a bit of a setback with a freshly broken hand. Might be a solid 3-4 weeks before I’m benching again. 

For those curious, I broke the hand trying to pull start a generator. Yeah... lame. I know. On my 3rd or 4th pull, the friggin handle came right off the end of the pull cord. Leaving the edge of the bricks behind me a place to absorb the leftover momentum from my pull. The exact part of my hand that took the hit is the backside of my palm. The same bones that I’ve broke before. But known as a boxers fractures on my previous breaks. this time, while it was the same bones, they broke from a different angle.

It sort of happened fast I suppose. By the time I realized what happened it was already over. I knew it was broke though as soon as I processed what happened. I’ve broken the same hand multiple times before. Had that exact sharp twangy pain running throughout that also sort of wants to make you vomit, and also the instant swelling (which I find to be fascinating! 🤪) just like my prior breaks.

Hopefully it’s not a months long setback.. 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Still in this also. Albeit a bit of a setback with a freshly broken hand. Might be a solid 3-4 weeks before I’m benching again. 

You have no idea how hard it was for me to get down there and 90 cut that cord with all the travel restrictions. 

3 down... 2 to go.  If we can keep Chez out of the commercial gyms for a few months with the Corona panic, it's a couple of 50 somethings stil standing.  My evil plan is coming together nicely.   Bwahaha

In all seriousness, heal up quick Tommy.  You'll be back long before this race is over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

For those curious, I broke the hand trying to pull start a generator. Yeah... lame. I know. On my 3rd or 4th pull, the friggin handle came right off the end of the pull cord. Leaving the edge of the bricks behind me a place to absorb the leftover momentum from my pull. The exact part of my hand that took the hit is the backside of my palm. The same bones that I’ve broke before. But known as a boxers fractures on my previous breaks. this time, while it was the same bones, they broke from a different angle.

It sort of happened fast I suppose. By the time I realized what happened it was already over. I knew it was broke though as soon as I processed what happened. I’ve broken the same hand multiple times before. Had that exact sharp twangy pain running throughout that also sort of wants to make you vomit, and also the instant swelling (which I find to be fascinating! 🤪) just like my prior breaks.

Dang man!  That sucks.  I hope you heal quickly and get back to smashing PRs!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

If you had cat like ninja reflex you should have been able to stop your hand immediately when the handle broke lol. Heal up quick!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Sorry to hear about the injury Tommy. I hope you heal quickly. All the best

• Thanks 1

Bench:

260 X 1 (Post Injury PR)

225 X 6 (PI PR)

RED SS: 225 X 10 (PI PR)

MDSS: 225 X 10 (I was toast at this point)

• Like 1

90x26 db flat bench pandemic safety is key now.....

90x15 long pause 

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 2

E97DB659-984B-460F-B903-5EE64B02B922.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/23/2020 at 3:58 PM, king crusher said:

90x26 db flat bench pandemic safety is key now.....

90x15 long pause 

Great sets! Safe sets! Very very great safe sets!

• Haha 1

Apparently I'm better benching once a week instead of 5 x every two weeks.  Finally above where I was before injury.    I'm going to give 3 hundy a ride next Saturday.  

Raw 275 x 2, MDSS 300 X 4, then raw 225 x 9.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Man handling the 90's for 27

Says video unavailable.

I had no idea he was the youngest to bench 600 lbs.  

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Says video unavailable.

Try again I just clicked on it in this link and it worked for me sir

7 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I had no idea he was the youngest to bench 600 lbs.  

Yeah he was and he's now coaching Shaw although I think it's unlikely Brian shaw will hit a 700lb bench. He's already past his prime, he's already 400+ pounds si he's already massive and his arms look really long. I'd say with proper programming with Josh he could get into the low to mid 600's. Unless he goes bonkers and rides a strong, big bicycle or something. 

Edited by king crusher

15 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Try again I just clicked on it in this link and it worked for me sir

Nope.  Is it private?

Screenshot_20200331-191524_Samsung Internet.jpg