Torture of my soul

PronatorKyle

Anyone else have a Nasty ass 3 like this ? really don't want to order another one in case i get the same pain train again lol spread is just too much.  Really not fun , even for friends who can close the 3.5 and ccs 3's    ANY EU  Rgc raters ? id reckon it's pretty high up there.

IMG_4057.JPG

• Like 1

I have one with a 3”+ spread. It comes in at 154 and has a solid sweep. I’ve come close to selling it a couple times but can’t let it go. Imo, it’s exactly how a #3 is supposed to feel. One of my favorite grippers.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I have one with a 3”+ spread. It comes in at 154 and has a solid sweep. I’ve come close to selling it a couple times but can’t let it go. Imo, it’s exactly how a #3 is supposed to feel. One of my favorite grippers.

Tortures me , as the sweep is that wide and tough i cant quite get my fingers around it.   almost 3.4" spread on this one of mine.

Gym owner has one with a slightly shorter spread[3.1inch] and it feels alot lighter on the sweep than mine and it came in at 157  its hard to get my fingers on but managable with a bit of a fight and a few curse words.

then another with a "normal spread"  of 74 mm.[2.9 inch] (unsure of rating) feels like cheese compared to both of ours. 
(not that i can close it either , but at least i can get my fingers on it to give it a good try lol) .

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I will likely come to love it in time when i can actually close 3's and beyond.  but for now it;s a hindrance in my advancement and the worry of getting another one the same is a bit off putting.  i've messaged a few sellers asking if they could measure spread before sending.

and will of course go for a rated one in future when funds allow for the Large postage costs.

1 hour ago, PronatorKyle said:

I will likely come to love it in time when i can actually close 3's and beyond.  but for now it;s a hindrance in my advancement and the worry of getting another one the same is a bit off putting.  i've messaged a few sellers asking if they could measure spread before sending.

and will of course go for a rated one in future when funds allow for the Large postage costs.

You’re in the UK, right? If so, it may be worth looking into making you’re own rig to rate grippers so to avoid shipping costs. You could maybe even offer the rating service to others in the UK and make you’re money back on whatever it costs you to make it.

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

You should be really happy that you have a #3 like that.

Yeah like i said , i probably will be when it's not hindering my advancement in single closes.

1 minute ago, Tommy J. said:

You’re in the UK, right? If so, it may be worth looking into making you’re own rig to rate grippers so to avoid shipping costs. You could maybe even offer the rating service to others in the UK and make you’re money back on whatever it costs you to make it.

Yeah , I had thought about that Using Napalms old method on a squat rack, but im sure a slightly more advanced rig wouldn't be too much to build,  always wondered why no one has picked it up on this side of the pond. if i were to do something like that i would certainly like it to be almost perfectly in line with Cannons ratings so that it would be a fair and even comparison if someone were to close them.

Shipping costs are really only a pain if im buying 1 or 2 grippers, but again current situation doesn't allow for me to go and buy a large bundle per say to make the shipping more reasonable.
Having the same problem with GHP , you cant buy them this side , as far as what I've seen , (was looking at their children's range to get my children working on their grippers early but 1 alone is like 80$ with price and shipping) and  imagine it was just simply way too easy , or way too hard, no real way to judge it , but more companies should certainly invest into making kids grippers. even if they are cheaply made and  plastic handles. it;s the resistance and smaller spread that;s important.

• Like 1

I would just buy the Vulcan gripper if I were you. All TSG's is going to be easy to set in comparison after you train with it and you don't need to spend houndreds of € on grippers.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

I would just buy the Vulcan gripper if I were you. All TSG's is going to be easy to set in comparison after you train with it and you don't need to spend houndreds of € on grippers.

Have been looking at these! , What about the CPW Hybrids , Aren't They somewhat adjustable within a reasonable range ?

I'd honestly just be happy getting a 149 or 150 3 to work off as i have other grippers , that are steps above that and inbetween a 3.5  that are just that little bit out of reach to  get a lot of benefit from using in my Chaotic routine just at this moment.🤣

As in the past , it has always worked for me having the gripper i want to close because i tend to attempt it often and very often at that. and it gives me a good feel of it and i tend to make progress much faster that way , lining that up with my training and adjusting it as i go depending on my feeling of my goal gripper, these methods have worked very well for me so far.

Edited by PronatorKyle

6 hours ago, PronatorKyle said:

Have been looking at these! , What about the CPW Hybrids , Aren't They somewhat adjustable within a reasonable range ?

I'd honestly just be happy getting a 149 or 150 3 to work off as i have other grippers , that are steps above that and inbetween a 3.5  that are just that little bit out of reach to  get a lot of benefit from using in my Chaotic routine just at this moment.🤣

As in the past , it has always worked for me having the gripper i want to close because i tend to attempt it often and very often at that. and it gives me a good feel of it and i tend to make progress much faster that way , lining that up with my training and adjusting it as i go depending on my feeling of my goal gripper, these methods have worked very well for me so far.

No they're not adjustable. Baraban makes a copy (which isn't eaxctaly the same) of the Vulcan. I think the Vulcan is better because it's much harder.

13 hours ago, Hopefully said:

I have a rather nasty 3.

I worked with grippers as a teenager, got up to smashing the 2 easily so I ordered a 2.5. Closed it easily right out of the box. Hey, maybe I have a knack for this I thought, so I ordered a 3 right after that. 

When I got it, I almost couldn't move it at all. I was light years away. Got so discouraged that I quit for many years 😛

HAHA that's almost exactly how my training went lol !  i didn't get discouraged as ive had other normal 3's in my hand and i knew this thing just wasn't what it was suppose to be , i had felt from guide to a 4 and to be quite honest with you it feels as hard to budge as the 4 with being spread so wide 😰  it's a pain in the ass because having to blow more money just to get a Human #3 lol   i'm within a couple mm of closing quite a few grippers that are generally harder than what a 3 is suppose to be in the range of. so im confident that when i get a 145-150 3 it shouldn't take me long to adjust and close it.  month or 2 maybe.  maybe a little longer depending how i get use to the set.

13 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

No they're not adjustable. Baraban makes a copy (which isn't eaxctaly the same) of the Vulcan. I think the Vulcan is better because it's much harder.

Is it the megladon or something then that is Adjustable from CPW ?  i saw silarukov have a nice gripper similar to the vulcan you describe  , i guess 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other , i'll certainly look into it , but i honestly do just like having various grippers to pick up and work with.