#4 Silver Bullet most weight held for time??

Stephen Anderson

Does anyone know what the most weight someone has held from the silver bullet? With #4 gripper?? 

15 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Does anyone know what the most weight someone has held from the silver bullet? With #4 gripper?? 

Juha has lifted a 45 lb plate in a #4. I don’t know how many seconds but I do remember seeing it locked in and held out 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AdamTGlass said:

Juha has lifted a 45 lb plate in a #4. I don’t know how many seconds but I do remember seeing it locked in and held out 

Pretty impressive!! Depending on the rating of the gripper as well.

I was talking with someone else on the OK Discord about "silver bullet lifts" not too long ago. I remember when I first got started on grippers I asked @ClayEdgin about it and whether or not it would help me close grippers. I can't find that conversation now but I think he said that while it probably wouldn't hurt, but that most people tend to just stick to the 2.5 kg for time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

I was talking with someone else on the OK Discord about "silver bullet lifts" not too long ago. I remember when I first got started on grippers I asked @ClayEdgin about it and whether or not it would help me close grippers. I can't find that conversation now but I think he said that while it probably wouldn't hurt, but that most people tend to just stick to the 2.5 kg for time.

Of course. This question was solely based on a feat. Not really for anything crossover wise. Just curious who could hold the most weight with the number four.

10 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Of course. This question was solely based on a feat. Not really for anything crossover wise. Just curious who could hold the most weight with the number four.

I'm betting that @Boulderbrew could put up some big numbers, considering he was able to get time on a SB with a GHP10.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devinhoo said:

I'm betting that @Boulderbrew could put up some big numbers, considering he was able to get time on a SB with a GHP10.

That’s what I’m currently working on with my GHP 10 rated at 259! I can clamp on the bullet but with weight it’s a little tough

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

Im going to try this today!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen Anderson said:

That’s what I’m currently working on with my GHP 10 rated at 259! I can clamp on the bullet but with weight it’s a little tough

Wow, that's awesome dude. I'm like 1/4–1/8" away from being able to clamp down on my CoC4 rated 224. Once I get consistent on that brick I'll probably buy a GHP10, but I figure that will be a little while. 😂

I'll let you know when I can lift a whopping 2.5 kg with the silver bullet on my #4 :P 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, devinhoo said:

Wow, that's awesome dude. I'm like 1/4–1/8" away from being able to clamp down on my CoC4 rated 224. Once I get consistent on that brick I'll probably buy a GHP10, but I figure that will be a little while. 😂

I'll let you know when I can lift a whopping 2.5 kg with the silver bullet on my #4 😛

👍🏻👍🏻

2 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

I always thought this was just a goal for him and Jedd at some point. I can't seem to find any successful attempts atleast. Juha has done it with the #3.5, but I think neither @Jedd Johnsonor him did it. Both seemed to get very close. Anyone can try this with #1 to find out how much harder it is compared to 2.5kg. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mywor said:

I always thought this was just a goal for him and Jedd at some point. I can't seem to find any successful attempts atleast. Juha has done it with the #3.5, but I think neither @Jedd Johnsonor him did it. Both seemed to get very close. Anyone can try this with #1 to find out how much harder it is compared to 2.5kg. 

So no one has currently done it?