Guest GripMonster

Guest GripMonster

I just ordered the #2 and was able to close it and hold

it shut with the left hand (after two tries) and do 7 reps

with the right hand.  The first gripper I ordered was a

#1, and I have done 22 reps with the right hand and 10

reps with the left.  I hope I didn't get a faulty #2!  BTW,

this is about my fifth grip workout ever, though I have

been deadlifting (1" bar) for about a year.

Gripmonster - good work on the COC # 2!  Have you ordered the COC # 3, yet?  It's a little more challenging  than the # 2 - so, you'll probably eat it up! If you do close the COC # 3 right out of the bag, go ahead and get the COC # 4 because we haven't had anyone close that one lately!

BTW "Go away." is CALLMEDADDY speak for "welcome to the board and what is your secret for closing the COC # 2 so quickly?" (CALLMEDADDY - please correct me if I've mistranslated your cryptic welcome message.)

Guest GripMonster

Thanks Strongman.  I haven't ordered the #3 yet because I'm kind of cheap, and also I don't think it would be of much use to me yet.  I'll probably order it when I start getting really good with the #2 (10-15 reps).  If I get frustrated and can't improve, I might order the BB master first and try to do reps with it to work up to the #3.  Hopefully, I'll close the #3 by the end of the year because I really want that #4!

I think my secret for closing the #2 quickly was getting a faulty #2.  I hope I'm wrong, but considering that I have only done supporting grip work (and not for very long) and managed to close #2 left-handed after only being able to do 10 reps #1 with that hand, I think it is a good possibility.  Let's just say that after I closed it, I checked the bottom to make sure there was a 2 there!

I think that support grip helps a lot in order to developp strength for the grippers. Once a week, I perform deadlift lockout (bar at the knees). When you take this lift to the max weigth you can handle, your hands and especially your fingers, are recruited a lot. The hold of the bar at the end of the lift is similar to the hand position at the end of the gripper closure. I think that's why grip monster closed the #2 for 7 reps out of the bag, His fingers are surely strong and accomodated.

Keep training hard !

GripMonster, we get our share of trolls on this board. The typical pattern is to make a strong claim to one's abilities, then to avoid following up. I am not saying you are a troll; but your two posts here have followed the troll pattern. So I ask you to reconsider your avoidance to following up. If you do: Welcome to the board. If not, I must second callmedaddy's welcome message.

Guest GripMonster

LMAO.  I may be a monster, but I'm certainly no troll!  Bob, you've convinced me to go get a #3, so I guess we'll see how I fare with it.  If it takes IM as long to send the #3 as it took them to send the #2, I might stand a chance.  I'll do another workout in a few days and try to rep out on the #2.  I've calculated that I should be able to do it if I can get 10 reps, but this is based on weights not torque.  Don't worry, I'll definitely send in a picture if I close the #3!