Will This Help Me Close A Number 2

Guest Junior

I have the following training schedule :

3 sets of 25 reps warm up on a standard sport shop gripper.

3 sets of 15 reps using a COC trainer.

3 sets of max reps using a COC #1. (can manage about 5 but not full closes.)

Training about 4 days a week 3 times a day.

Cheers

B

My goal is too be able to close a #3 so I have set my sights on a number 2 for now.

:whacked

You've been a member since August. Are you reading this board or any of the old posts? Even other workout logs in the the other forum?

I had to go home to SA - my father is very ill. Just got back and to be honest I don't have the time to read forum posts. That is why I ask questions so I can get answers pertaining to my current skill level.

Brendan

Training about 4 days a week 3 times a day.

If you have time to train this often, you have time to read posts here for about an hour or half hour which is about how long it would take to come up with a better routine.

B

Do only one set with the plastic thingy, like 10 reps

do only one set with the trainer like 5 reps

then hit the #1 hard for a couple sets (3 is good)

train only a couple of times a week 3 is good, at your level and experience you probably don't need too many sessions.

Look up how to do strapholds, and negatives and maybe anything else you like(overcrushes, adjustable grippers, whatever) and maybe work tham into your routine. like example mon: regular reps with #1, wed strapholds with the #1, Fri: Neg with the #2 or whatever. Don't go too fast or too much with your training at first, but after a couple mos once you get more advanced and you know what you're doing !! anything goes !! Do anything that works for you try KTA ect.

ps. learn how to 'set' your gripper, this is invaluable if you've got small hands. Try the search (50,000 posts!)

Quick response over! This has been discussed a mil times but i don't want people to think that this board is unfriendly to newbies... search

Edited by AP