Homemade seated row station

Tommy J.

3 hours ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Text me a parts list!!

spool of cable rated at more poundage than I will ever row

1 eyelet and clamp pack to make a working loop for cable end (the cable came with the other end already looped)

3 pulleys/snatch blocks

3 eye bolts

3 S hooks

a cut up 2x4 so I could mount snatch blocks where I wanted them and still be able to have support from ceiling joists

3” wood screws

2 carabiners

all of aforementioned hardware can be found at tractor supply or Home Depot.

Loading pin

whatever row attachment you prefer

and weight

Time: less than 1 beer to complete.

tools: drill to run wood screws to mount 2x4s and make holes for eye boots, skill-saw to cut 2x4s, cutoff wheel to make quick work of trimming cable to length, channel locks to bend S hooks shut, wrench to tighten cable clamps, and grease for cable and snatch blocks because they don’t come lubed.

the setup does make a zipping/rubbing sound throughout the house since the cable isn’t coated and everything is mounted directly to studs and joists. If I could do it over, I’d have spent a few extra bucks on coated cable to keep it quiet when I use it.

Its solid tho. May add a board on the wall near the ground to put my feet against. I’d hate for some feet to go through unsupported drywall when I start ego lifting on it.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...