A feat of the year. The Strongest pinch lift we’ve ever seen, Team Texas Grip training 26.1.20

AdamTGlass

The most serious lift I’ve ever seen in a while. Giant diameter 100 lb plates. Chris Rice @climber511 featured these in a number of contest medleys. The only person to ever lift them has been Chad Woodall. Today Tanner lifted then twice. Unbelievable. So many amazing North American lifters have failed to lift these. A true feat of the year. 

Tanner followed up this by two hand pinching one of my anvils. On Eric’s scale it weighed 180.9 lb- 4” spread on the top with a sharp rim. 

Here is Tanner Inch replica plus anvil horn lift 

Here a thumbless inch lift plus anvil 

And finally one I been looking for an Inch plus 20 kg plate curl 

I’m weighing 221 & Tanner is at 208 today. Arnold Classic is only 6 weeks out. 

• Like 25
  • Confused 2

I've wondered if you still had these plates Adam.  Some very unique plates for sure - I've never seen another pair in my 60 years in the game.  I loved them for deadlifts - picked the bar up just the right amount for me.  Tanner is some kind of freaky (in a good way).   I pinched "at them" many many times.  Congrats to Tanner!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I've wondered if you still had these plates Adam.  Some very unique plates for sure - I've never seen another pair in my 60 years in the game.  I loved them for deadlifts - picked the bar up just the right amount for me.  Tanner is some kind of freaky (in a good way).   I pinched "at them" many many times.  Congrats to Tanner!

They have traveled to 3 states with me. The challenge of one day pulling them always an item to check on the list. Over the years many have tried, all but one have failed. I knew you dig seeing this 

• Like 2

Awesome stuff! These are  cool challenge plates! 

How wide are they together? 

• Like 2

Incredible feats of strength Adam and Tanner!! I cannot imagine doing those feats let alone the ease you men did them. Adam,  20 kg plate curl while holding inch DB same time is nasty. Dynamic duo to be sure!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really crazy feats by both of you. Congrats!

Edited by Donc101
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Incredible feats of strength Adam and Tanner!! I cannot imagine doing those feats let alone the ease you men did them. Adam,  20 kg plate curl while holding inch DB same time is nasty. Dynamic duo to be sure!

Definitely some of the  strongest  “duo” in grip right now. And that’s saying ALOT!

Edited by Guest
Spell

It is my understanding that everyone that came to the Gripmas comps has attempted these plate. Only Too Tall has lifted them before Tanner. And now Tanner also pinches the 200# anvil.

i guess that means Tanner is the pinch king! And the only proper next available title for pinch is.... pinch Queen! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dang! that is the most impressive back to back to back to back to back feats I have seen.

Not sure if you have done this before, but the next time y'all get together you should cock your wrists and compare tendon size, normally the guys that have been climbing for 5+ years have noticeably bigger tendons than even heavy duty power lifters (something about time under tension really develops the wrist/forearm tendons). It would be interesting to see how guys who are really in to grip but don't have the climbing background of Tanner stack up on tendon size.

27 minutes ago, Blackjaw said:

Dang! that is the most impressive back to back to back to back to back feats I have seen.

Not sure if you have done this before, but the next time y'all get together you should cock your wrists and compare tendon size, normally the guys that have been climbing for 5+ years have noticeably bigger tendons than even heavy duty power lifters (something about time under tension really develops the wrist/forearm tendons). It would be interesting to see how guys who are really in to grip but don't have the climbing background of Tanner stack up on tendon size.

I agree on the most impressive back to back feats. 💯 

@AdamTGlass and Tanner, Jan Todd told me they were doing an anvil lifting comp with the winner getting 1k at the Arnold. You guys may want to get in on that. Also, doing a dining stone hold with winner getting 5k.

Amazing doesn't quite seem like the word to describe all of this! Well done fellas!

Edited by HandsofStone

16 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

@AdamTGlassJan Todd told me they were doing an anvil lifting comp with the winner getting 1k at the Arnold. 

Really? Very cool!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

It is my understanding that everyone that came to the Gripmas comps has attempted these plate. Only Too Tall has lifted them before Tanner. And now Tanner also pinches the 200# anvil.

i guess that means Tanner is the pinch king! And the only proper next available title for pinch is.... pinch Queen! 🤣🤣🤣

Never attempted or knew about them but 4” wide is definitely out of my power width. Anything bigger than 3” my pinch goes down significantly. Huge lifts Tanner and Adam. 

1 hour ago, Donc101 said:

@AdamTGlass and Tanner, Jan Todd told me they were doing an anvil lifting comp with the winner getting 1k at the Arnold. You guys may want to get in on that. Also, doing a dining stone hold with winner getting 5k.

What kind of anvil lift? By the horn?

I think it might be the new Rogue Anvil Horn. It looks similar to the Ironmind horn but continues all the way to a point. It’s still unofficial I think, but it’ll be a record breakers style like the Inch farmers walk was last year. 

2 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Man, I want to get a shot at lifting the Dinnie Stones at the Arnold. I'm not going to be able to get out to Scotland for years but I was wondering if they would have the replica stones at the Arnold.