6th man to bench press 700#

Tommy J.

8 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Well there is a video of a machine of some sort closing a Thor. Handles held up. It may not be 100% equivalent to an rgc, but it took 614 poinds to close. I will find it and post it.

IF it did (even though there’s a 99.9999999% chance it won’t) would it be the greatest feat of strength ever?

I think this is video you're talking about.

Edited by devinhoo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Ah I forgot Delmar rated a Thor! Also forgot it came in that high!

when asked initially about a 600lb gripper I pictured the Hercules for some reason. A wire so big that the coil only had 1 wrap. That’s the one I was thinking of. Handles are way thin on that one.

i would post a pic but don’t own one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Well there is a video of a machine of some sort closing a Thor. Handles held up. It may not be 100% equivalent to an rgc, but it took 614 poinds to close. I will find it and post it.

IF it did (even though there’s a 99.9999999% chance it won’t) would it be the greatest feat of strength ever?

Lol.... sure. Why not.

41 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Yep that’s it. I suppose the rating is accurate. I also wonder what the rgc range is on the Thor grippers.

Julius Maddox may bench 800 raw within a years time as long as he doesn't get injured. No one is ever closing a thor. Its a novelty gripper. In fact, I don't think it will even be chest crushed. 

Just now, Chez said:

Julius Maddox may bench 800 raw within a years time as long as he doesn't get injured. No one is ever closing a thor. Its a novelty gripper. In fact, I don't think it will even be chest crushed. 

What Gripper feat would surpass an 800 pound raw bench? Or grip feat in general?

19 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

What Gripper feat would surpass an 800 pound raw bench? Or grip feat in general?

would be more on par with a world class/pro/GHP 10 close. those are least in the realm of possibility

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 8:30 AM, Tommy J. said:

. Anything after about 600 I start to call bs for anyone claiming natty.

then who knows what could be done natty?..

Yea. That question saved your soul. :) Who knows maybe there was a man who did 500 natty?

1 hour ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Yea. That question saved your soul. :) Who knows maybe there was a man who did 500 natty?

I’m not sure I understand your question..

are you asking if anyone has done 500 natty? The answer is a hard yes...

there is this one tested organization called the IPF. Not sure if you’ve heard of it? It’s kind of a big deal.

in the IPF, or even the USAPL If you wanted to narrow things down, you can skim through the lift database and see that there are quite a few 500+, and a fair number of 600+ raw benchers. Tested benchers. As in- natty.

• Like 2

I’m counting 100 guys who have done 500+ raw just in USAPL... and this is just the raw open category

5C8E6105-F41A-4DCD-B670-2FB4CFEDF8B1.png

CCED4C55-9F1E-4554-B1B9-E1A9410188BA.png

503323A6-BB13-4C54-927E-A4B01E627493.png

D959A1A3-A10F-496A-8449-7B142A5AB14B.png

340BE90A-6586-4496-84D0-40A989E971F8.png

6E26C8E6-353B-47F4-A7DA-32567812D5FD.png

And that’s a tested org!.. 😳

Edit: correction, 101 guys in that category alone.

Edited by Tommy J.

Plenty of Masters, Collegiate, and even some youths are in the ball park of 500+ natty as well. And this is just talking USAPL.

and again, what I posted is just 1 category of raw tested bench press, and this is just in the USA.... this number could probably double or triple if I posted from just one other country’s database. Like, say, Russia? Let alone how many total world wide.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 1

Depends on your definition of natty.  Tested does not equal natty. I mean, Milfeld is on the Geritol.  Although it does mean they aren't taking anything that they're tested for at the time of the tests.  That being said, I do believe that there have been several men that have benched 500 having never taken enhancements.   But not over 100.  I would say that's pretty rarified air.  Just my belief.  No data to back that up since nobody in IPF is going to admit it.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Depends on your definition of natty.  Tested does not equal natty. I mean, Milfeld is on the Geritol.  Although it does mean they aren't taking anything that they're tested for at the time of the tests.  That being said, I do believe that there have been several men that have benched 500 having never taken enhancements.   But not over 100.  I would say that's pretty rarified air.  Just my belief.  No data to back that up since nobody in IPF is going to admit it.

Mike, this is just 1 category of raw USAPL... IPF is the world wide version of USAPL. Way more than 100. If just 1 country, the USA, has this many guys benching 500+ raw, in just 1 category, I would even be so bold as to say more than 500 or way more world wide have done it. Easily. IPF is HUGE when you add each countries branches/versions of it.

I would also be so bold as to say every one of those 100 has been tested in and possibly even out of meet at some point. USAPL don’t play when it comes to testing. They will send a dude (or chick?) to your house to test you.

i think the only hard pill to swallow here is that most of us just flat out suck ass at benching.

Edited by Tommy J.

6 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

How many of those 500+ were really natty? Not much. If any.

Okay. Yeah.... everyone who out does you on you’re bench is a “cheater”. Because there is no way that out of 7 billion people on the planet that a measly 100+ Americans can shit all over you’re bench natty. Right.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 2

Should I lay down how many have killed 450+ raw just in the USA?

i promise there are thousands of people out there who will snatch the nuts right off all your best lifts, natty. Just in America!

Ofcourse everybody cheats. That is not fresh news. I trust no one. You can flush roids out of system very easily. Strength stays the same for some time.

11 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Ofcourse everybody cheats. That is not fresh news. I trust no one. You can flush roids out of system very easily. Strength stays the same for some time.

7 BILLION people on the planet... and it makes your brain glitch to accept that 101 guys in America can bench 500+ raw natty?

and this isn’t even including all the gym bro’s, or convicts locked away in cages that could possibly do the same... this is just the guys with a USAPL membership card that have done sanctioned meets.

Edited by Tommy J.

Yes. It makes my brain dark and I got cancer. Before roids bench record was 365 pounds. Yes. It wasn't so popular as today but some very strong men trainned it.

3 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Yes. It makes my brain dark and I got cancer. Before roids bench record was 365 pounds. Yes. It wasn't so popular as today but some very strong men trainned it.

Sorry to hear of the brain cancer.

Are you saying the bench press record was only 365lbs before steroids were invented?

#44 on that list is Dennis Cieri, who is one of the greatest drug-free benchers of all-time. He went 30 years undefeated Raw bench press and was drug tested over 100x in 30 years! If you have seen him you would think no way can he bench over 500lbs at his BWT- usually around 205lbs but guys can do it. Bench Press in U.S. is most popular lift besides 12 ounce curls so it doesn't surprise me the number of 500 plus benchers naturally. Tommy alluded to it, but I would imagine in prison thousands can do 500lb plus, too.  

• Like 1

I give up. Yes record was 365 before WW2. But there weren't many men who lifted then. So, I would say 500 pounds is roof for natty. You can believe whatever you want as I can. Be well. No harm.

Edited by Goran Paulinič
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 7:30 AM, Tommy J. said:

I believe it. Imo, 600 is about where I draw the line of being possible natty for a big, strong, and gifted guy. Obviously rare, but still imo very plausible for a couple handfuls of talented individuals. Anything after about 600 I start to call bs for anyone claiming natty.

but then again, I’m talking a legit, full stroke press...

if we start talking presses that look like this:

then who knows what could be done natty?..

🤮🤮🤮 Not one benchpress was done that video lol.
Arching to a degree is required but that's just taking the piss , i guess that;s why they cant cry about sumo Dead lifts when people are shortening every other range of motion to make an easier lift except squats   quarter rep deadlifts and bench  fly in competition but there's hate on quarter squats lol whole federation is a joke at this point.

• Haha 1