What's your best bend?

wobbler

Hopefully this doesn't  bring any drama, your personal best bend only. Should make for some interesting discussion.

This is mine, new red nail cert conditions, about 23 seconds. I mostly just did DO bending in 2019, was walking around at about 195lb here but then did my yearly checkup and cholesterol was "very high" (that is actually the medical term) so I did a major diet change and lost some weight, 180ish now.

I came across an easy bar, or had a good day, or both, but I was almost ready to certify then, trying to get back there now.

• Like 3

No video. But a 5.5” grade 5 underhand. 

i might be able to replicate if you want

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 2

My reverse and underhand have always been pretty bad, especially underhand I either feel like I'll injure my wrists, brown out, or both. DO after some shoulder flexibility work and a lot of practice is stronger for me by a large margin.

Honestly I don't get how you progress on reverse or DU because it's go / no go. DO you get a bit of movement, take a breather, go 100% and move the bar a bit more. Never really caught on for me with the other styles, if it doesn't move initially then that's that.

• Like 1

I think it's hard to say what's the personal best bend, because you have so many factors like: doubles or singles (IMP'S or BBW), CRS or SS or bolts, different lengths, minimal wraps and so on...

I think every time period in the bending journey has it's best bends who everybody can be proud of. No matter if it's in the beginning, as an intermediate or in the elite sector.

• Like 1

We'll for DU style 7" red in IMPs only & FBBC big Duke of all bastard including 21/64" O-1 DR @6" and 7.5" by 5/16" Triangle grade 5 as well as 5/16" 'CW' grade 8.8 bolt @5.5". All of those done in IMPs only. Most recent is 5/16" O-1 DR @6" in IMPs only.

• Like 1

Hard to say I guess... I’ll list them per wraps, and how hard they felt at the time.

imps- 80ds, 6” Edgin, 6”x5/16” SS hex, battle bar, “7 620lb R bar. All of these in well under a minute accept the 620lb bar.

bb wraps- 7” big g8’s, well into the 700’s on various 6” calibrated drillrod from Mike K.

doubles- 6”x5/16” CRS square, S10 ninja nail, 6.5” big g8, various 3/8” CRS at different lengths, 5.5” Edgin

There was a whole bunch of other stuff, but listed are the ones I’m most proud of I suppose.

• Like 3

I generally only bend in Single IMPs, but I did doubles once at Gripmas and reversed a bar rated 440 or 445 I think, and I did some serious damage on a 460 bar.

My best, in terms of how hard it felt to me, is probably the 5/16" x 6" G2 bolt (FH stamp) that I bent a few weeks back. I need to send some of those home with @Stanley sallee so he can tell me if they're actually hard. I have also bent 1/4" x 6" & 7" G8s, but they both felt easier than the aforementioned G2.

• Like 3

Out of the bars I actually finished the two hardest were a 7" 5/16" S.S. in imps and a red in one imp. I have only bent in imps. 

• Like 2

200x14mm DHWOG (363k =10")

Double OF8.8 7"х5\16"

FBBC Huge Mother of all Bastards -70mm

8"х10mm OF8.8

And many others bars. All legcrush and have videos.  

• Like 1