Vincent Rivellese, Level 2 (Round 2)

Cannon

Vincent is going to move to the end of the line.  More time to prepare!  Train hard Vincent!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I think I am ready.  New thread or reopen this one?

• Like 4

Yes, we can reboot this thread!  

Guys, let's get Vinnie pumped up to DESTROY the MM2!

• Like 6

You're gonna murder this, Vinnie!! 

• Like 1

Kill it!

• Like 1

Go Vinnie!

• Like 1

tracking says tomorrow.  So yesterday I was on my first date since getting separated, and the gal is very interested in the grip stuff and had asked me to bring grippers.  So I brought trainer, COC 2, Tetting rated 140, and COC 3 rated 160 (biggest I have ever closed), to show her the variety.  Without warming up beyond a few reps on the trainer and the 2, I did a quick rep for her on the 140 and it was really easy, so I figured what the heck.  Closed the 160 just like that with no chalk.  Must have been my strongest day yet -- I knew I shouldn't push it since I'd be attempting the cert Monday, but I was amazed how good I felt.  I told her she has to come to my attempt so I get that energy again!  So I am feeling pretty pumped and optimistic, but you never know, I'm humble to the fact that MM2 is no cakewalk and anything can happen.  BTW - date gal just about closed the trainer, with bad form.  I think she could do it easily with a few minutes practice.  Not bad.  Guys, we need to find more gals like this, she is super impressed by grip stuff and here I thought it was the geek end of strength training.  lol.

• Like 6

MM2 has arrived!  The attempt will take place at Anton's around 7pm tonight.  Provided all goes well, I will submit vid shortly thereafter.

• Like 4

Let's go, Vinnie! You got this!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Did you get it Vin?

Video submitted, awaiting judging ... will be mailed back tomorrow.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Video submitted, awaiting judging ... will be mailed back tomorrow.

How did it feel compared to your 160?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stranger said:

Definitely in that range, just as it is reputed to be, but I suspect I should refrain from saying too much until after the judging is done.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 1:49 PM, stranger said:

So, it is a little hard to know exactly what to say because I never did them on the same day.  I warmed up with someone else's grippers, and my last close warming up before doing the cert was a 156 COC 3.  The MM2 felt harder than that, but I am not sure whether it was harder than the 160 COC 3 I have been closing lately.  It might have been, because I got the COC 3 for a double, and I don't think I could have doubled the MM2 (if I could have, it would have been on that first close, but I wanted to have two more good attempts so I didn't go for the show lol).  But again, different days.  Also, I unexpectedly cut my thumb opening the box, and that messed me up a little in the head.  Not sure if it affected my closes.  Bottom line:  the MM2 must be somewhere around 160, but could be a few pounds more, probably not much less.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

So, it is a little hard to know exactly what to say because I never did them on the same day.  I warmed up with someone else's grippers, and my last close warming up before doing the cert was a 156 COC 3.  The MM2 felt harder than that, but I am not sure whether it was harder than the 160 COC 3 I have been closing lately.  It might have been, because I got the COC 3 for a double, and I don't think I could have doubled the MM2 (if I could have, it would have been on that first close, but I wanted to have two more good attempts so I didn't go for the show lol).  But again, different days.  Also, I unexpectedly cut my thumb opening the box, and that messed me up a little in the head.  Not sure if it affected my closes.  Bottom line:  the MM2 must be somewhere around 160, but could be a few pounds more, probably not much less.

Blade 101 cut away from the body 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Blade 101 cut away from the body 😂😂😂

I think they should add that to Key 101.  It was my house key.  LOL

• Haha 1