Brian Shaw cut from Arnold Strongman Classic in 2020 - Enter Grip?

DAVE101

6 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

He has not been offered a spot and if asked, he would not accept because it wouldn't be fair.  Going to focus soley on peaking for WSM.

I know the Brian fans will flame me but I'm glad, now he has no excuses if he doesn't place well in WSM. Because if you have followed shaw you know he is always full of excuses if he doesnt place well.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

He has not been offered a spot and if asked, he would not accept because it wouldn't be fair.  Going to focus soley on peaking for WSM.

Not got time to watch the video but if its anything like last year there's pretty much no point, completely set up for martins to win imo and pretty much impossible for him not to barring injury. Its unfortunately in the same place this year so maybe more of the same. Wsm is really just a TV show at end of the day, Arnold's is a proper contest.

1 hour ago, Paul Savage said:

Not got time to watch the video but if its anything like last year there's pretty much no point, completely set up for martins to win imo and pretty much impossible for him not to barring injury. Its unfortunately in the same place this year so maybe more of the same. Wsm is really just a TV show at end of the day, Arnold's is a proper contest.

Hafthor has entered the chat.

• Haha 5

On 1/29/2020 at 9:41 PM, king crusher said:

I know the Brian fans will flame me but I'm glad, now he has no excuses if he doesn't place well in WSM. Because if you have followed shaw you know he is always full of excuses if he doesnt place well.

It’s true tho... you guys remember when Mike Burke’s atlas stone platform malfunctioned and he got a re-do on the stone load event? Back when that happened, can’t remember the year, Brian threw a slobbering ass fit about him not getting a re-do because Mike did.... when no issue what so ever happened with Brian’s setup. Brian acted that way and he and Mike were training partners at the time no less! Never did hear Mike speak on the situation. Which was big of Mike to not give any public opinion on it imo. he got a front row seat to Brian’s hissy fit.. and if I’m being honest, I think it may have been a factor that ultimately led to Mike retiring from Strongman? Because to my knowledge Mike had zero injuries or anything like that that might have otherwise forced his retirement. Which was a shame.. Mike was a fan favorite for many, including myself. If that’s a reason he retired, I can’t say I blame him. He and Brian were sort of like 2 peas in a pod for a while. Homies, if you will. And it seems apparent that Brian ruined that aspect with his behavior that day. And no telling how he may have acted when he and Mike were training off camera at times?..

i lost mad respect for Brian over that one. He acted like a babyback-bitch on that deal.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

It’s true tho... you guys remember when Mike Burke’s atlas stone platform malfunctioned and he got a re-do on the stone load event? Back when that happened, can’t remember the year, Brian threw a slobbering ass fit about him not getting a re-do because Mike did.... when no issue what so ever happened with Brian’s setup. Brian acted that way and he and Mike were training partners at the time no less! Never did hear Mike speak on the situation. Which was big of Mike to not give any public opinion on it imo. he got a front row seat to Brian’s hissy fit.. and if I’m being honest, I think it may have been a factor that ultimately led to Mike retiring from Strongman? Because to my knowledge Mike had zero injuries or anything like that that might have otherwise forced his retirement. Which was a shame.. Mike was a fan favorite for many, including myself. If that’s a reason he retired, I can’t say I blame him. He and Brian were sort of like 2 peas in a pod for a while. Homies, if you will. And it seems apparent that Brian ruined that aspect with his behavior that day. And no telling how he may have acted when he and Mike were training off camera at times?..

i lost mad respect for Brian over that one. He acted like a babyback-bitch on that deal.

Brian married his late friend Mike jenkins wife. That's a bit weird imo, but that's just my opinion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Brian married his late friend Mike jenkins wife. That's a bit weird imo, but that's just my opinion. 

Wow. Didn’t know that. That is strange. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, king crusher said:

That gives a whole new meaning to “keep your friends close and your enemies closer”..... scary! Not saying he did anything wrong, but that’s just how life is. Don’t get too close with your “friends”  and your woman involved. Man is man, and we know how that goes...

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Hafthor has had a couple of these moments as well.  That's why I'm a Pritchett & Licis fan.  Lol

Edited by Mike Rinderle

2 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Mike Burke, IMO Had the most potential of just about anyone in the world. 

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Its weird alright and that is the reason burke and shaw fell out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That gives a whole new meaning to “keep your friends close and your enemies closer”..... scary! Not saying he did anything wrong, but that’s just how life is. Don’t get too close with your “friends”  and your woman involved. Man is man, and we know how that goes...

Reminds me of wedding crashes and will Ferrell crashing weddings to pick up widows 

Edited by Chez
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Reminds me of wedding crashes and will Ferrell crashing weddings to pick up widows 

Haha that scene, one of the most hilarious movie scenes ever :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, king crusher said:

Why is that weird? Would it have been better for her to remarry someone Mike didn't know? Or to mourn the rest of her life as widow?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAVE101 said:

Why is that weird? Would it have been better for her to remarry someone Mike didn't know? Or to mourn the rest of her life as widow?

Exes and widows (and obviously current, not just past tense ladies) of friends or a brother, etc. are off limits for life. It’s a widely understood bro rule. Any dude that can’t understand or agree with that rule, you probably shouldn’t trust with anything anyways. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Hafthor has had a couple of these moments as well.  That's why I'm a Pritchett & Licis fan.  Lol

Interesting.. I have not noticed Thor behave like Brian. Seems like mostly a good sport, even in defeat.

4 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Exes and widows (and obviously current, not just past tense ladies) of friends or a brother, etc. are off limits for life. It’s a widely understood bro rule. Any dude that can’t understand or agree with that rule, you probably shouldn’t trust with anything anyways. 🤷🏼‍♂️

100% agree.

Could be worse.  You could start dating your dead brother's wife soon after he reaches room temperature, all while knocking up a stripper in Alabama, ala Hunter Biden.  Just sayin.

Maybe it's a positive in strongman circles.  Nick Best started dating Callie Marunde less than a year after Jesse died.  Who am I to criticize love?  😁

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

ya, its guy code and totally makes me think of this. I just love when he makes that face haha!

Edited by Chez

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Interesting.. I have not noticed Thor behave like Brian. Seems like mostly a good sport, even in defeat.

probably the most notorious thor moment was that year Eddie hall won WSM. They didn't count one of thor's reps on an event and he only lost to eddie in the overall standings by 1 point so he threw a fit and even questioned the integrity of competition. He took a lot of criticism for how he acted. He apologized and even donated his winnings from a future event to make up for it. 

Edited by Chez

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Could be worse.  You could start dating your brother's dead wife soon after he reaches room temperature, all while knocking up a stripper in Alabama, ala Hunter Biden.  Just sayin.

Maybe it's a positive in strongman circles.  Nick Best started dating Callie Marunde less than a year after Jesse died.  Who am I to criticize love?  😁

🤦🏼‍♂️

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Chez said:

probably the most notorious thor moment was that year Eddie hall won WSM. They didn't count one of thor's reps on an event and he only lost to eddie in the overall standings by 1 point so he threw a fit and even questioned the integrity of competition. He took a lot of criticism for how he acted. He apologized and even donated his winnings from a future event to make up for it. 

Ah, yes I remember now! Yeah he did cry a bit on that one!

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Could be worse.  You could start dating your brother's dead wife soon after he reaches room temperature, all while knocking up a stripper in Alabama, ala Hunter Biden.  Just sayin.

Yeah Nick best is another one. When him, Brian shaw and robert oberst did that show I was wondering if robert is in that "club" lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

That sounds arbitrary and a just a little bit childish, but everyone is welcome to their opinions.

13 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Which was big of Mike to not give any public opinion on it imo. he got a front row seat to Brian’s hissy fit.. and if I’m being honest, I think it may have been a factor that ultimately led to Mike retiring from Strongman? Because to my knowledge Mike had zero injuries or anything like that that might have otherwise forced his retirement. Which was a shame.. Mike was a fan favorite for many, including myself. If that’s a reason he retired, I can’t say I blame him. 

I met Mike a couple of times in 2013-14, gave him a copy of a brand new MILO that had a fawning article (written by yours truly) on a performance of his at the 2013 Fit Expo, and he read it before a Grip Contest, he dug it. I liked Mike, talk about a no BS guy. That being said, he was a successful Framing Contractor. I think he simply wanted to make money in his business. 

I asked him, in January, 2014, “Does Brian make enough for a living?”, and his response was to wiggle his hand as if to say “meh”. I think that meant Mike Burke’s idea of making money is to make GOOD money. That is my theory why he made his exit.

When I told that story to Odd Haugen this past October at the LA King Kong, Haugen’s response was “I guarantee that Brian makes good money now”. Haugen indicated that guys like Brian these days  make HUGE dollars from YouTube. I have no idea how that works, but Haugen was adamant about big bucks from YouTube.

Sorry to go on, but I think that was Burke’s motivation. Someone told me that Burke was excited about cannabis getting legalized in Colorado, presumably I speculate for the construction boom that was accompanying that in some places.

My opinion, but I think I am right😎

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAVE101 said:

That sounds arbitrary and a just a little bit childish, but everyone is welcome to their opinions.

Meh. If that’s how you view it. But regardless, I and many others find it to be a (as in 1 of many) relevant measuring stick for integrity of a friend or brother though. Too many fish in the sea to be taking interest in a brothers lady. Just move on and prove you can get you’re fill without waiting on 2nds from a guy you call a friend. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Because surely you don’t love you’re brother that much you need to taste his leftovers? 😂

If im being honest, i could care less about the personal lives of strongmen.. i just want to see them lift heavy crap. So I’m just gonna chalk this side story up as another lesson. To stay in my lane with regards to friends love lives, and only roll with others who do the same.

• Like 4