37 th.straight year 315lb bench (paused) w/ 20MM COC # 3 (155) smashed

Kluv#0

1/15/20 I continued my streak to 37 years(5 different decades-start '84 until today 1/15/20)MIN. 315 paused BP and thrown in a crush of a sturdy COC#3 in case people thought I was just a Keypincher:) KLT forever love. BWT 224

• Like 19

22 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Smoked em both!! Nice!

Thanks Joe! Not too shabby for 53 years young 🦁💪💯

Easy buddy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Easy buddy

Thank you Bader🙏 I thought I would get 2 reps on the gripper, too but grip gods reminded me that I did Country Crush Wrist flexion yesterday😂😂😂

• Like 1

Alright pops, your making me look bad over here! 😝

for real tho, that close grip bench is on point! And solid block set work as well

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Alright pops, your making me look bad over here! 😝

for real tho, that close grip bench is on point! And solid block set work as well

Thanks Beast! Yesterday, I told my wife that I would throw in a 20MM gripper close with my 315lb bench. I  explained to her the various blocks sets and TNS and showed her your video of COC #3 TNS that you demolished. She asked if I could do it that way(TNS) and I said NOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Donc101 said:

Smooth! Congrats and happy birthday!

Thank you Don, I appreciate it!

Strong stuff!  Congrats on making it to 53 ! 

• Like 1

Awesome staying power. Suprised you were hitting 315 at 16yrs old. That's not common,  you have a naturally strong bench.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Strong stuff!  Congrats on making it to 53 ! 

Thanks CEO! 

25 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Awesome staying power. Suprised you were hitting 315 at 16yrs old. That's not common,  you have a naturally strong bench.

Thank you! I started my streak 1/15/84 of paused 315lb when I turned 17 yrs old. I was lifting 315 end of my 16th year as I was always involved in football- back then it was bench, power cleans and squats. My body type is tailor made for squats and bench - my reach is 72" and Iam 73 1/4" tall was 74", LOL. Had a severe ATV accident in early 90's and hurt back and ruptured left pec major so I began doing close grip to avoid stress of pec region but had to stop squats. At an early age 13 - I was told to do 2 sets of back rows for every set of chest press and I adhered to that along with spoon press and skullcrushers. Weights have always been my best friend.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Super strong close grip reps and block-set gripper close! Happy  Birthday old man.

I appreciate it Beast! I thought about you this A.M. (in a good way, LMAO) your 160# block set at Arizona contest and your recent 340 bench- well done my man!

7 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thank you! I started my streak 1/15/84 of paused 315lb when I turned 17 yrs old. I was lifting 315 end of my 16th year as I was always involved in football- back then it was bench, power cleans and squats. My body type is tailor made for squats and bench - my reach is 72" and Iam 73 1/4" tall was 74", LOL. Had a severe ATV accident in early 90's and hurt back and ruptured left pec major so I began doing close grip to avoid stress of pec region but had to stop squats. At an early age 13 - I was told to do 2 sets of back rows for every set of chest press and I adhered to that along with spoon press and skullcrushers. Weights have always been my best friend.

And this story is the reason so many of us have found and do grip. If it wasn’t for my injuries, j wouldn’t even know that grip was a thing! Thank you, lumbar and cervical fusions! 

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

And this story is the reason so many of us have found and do grip. If it wasn’t for my injuries, j wouldn’t even know that grip was a thing! Thank you, lumbar and cervical fusions! 

Very impressive that you have overcome significant back injuries! 

2 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Very impressive that you have overcome significant back injuries! 

Thanks, Mike. I seem to be ok until I get I the realm of 500 pounds. Then I can feel it’s time to back off or maybe pay the price. 

58 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Guess I'm happy to be able to hit 3 plates with my 79.5" monkey arms at 73" tall. But that certainly didnt happen as a teen for me.

• Like 1

Great video, concise, no BS.

Not a lot of posts get that many “likes”, which really tells you something about how respected the two feats are.

How many can pull off the combination of those two accomplishments at the Age of 53?

Well, there’s um, and of course er, and who else...oh yeah, I forgot eh...Laine Snook, and I’m sure there’s a few others. Wait, is Laine 53 yet? Not sure, I’m sure there’s a number of others...

The point to my attempt at humor is to go out of my way to give kudos for a lifetime of commitment to strength. Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

I love seeing videos of people who have just stuck with it year after year with success.  There was a discussion on here years ago and it was decided that 50 years old was the start of "Geezerhood" so Good Job Geezer!  Here's to many more years of strength!

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Not a lot of posts get that many “likes”, which really tells you something about how respected the two feats are.

How many can pull off the combination of those two accomplishments at the Age of 53?

Well, there’s um, and of course er, and who else...oh yeah, I forgot eh...Laine Snook, and I’m sure there’s a few others. Wait, is Laine 53 yet? Not sure, I’m sure there’s a number of others...

The point to my attempt at humor is to go out of my way to give kudos for a lifetime of commitment to strength. Congratulations!

22 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I love seeing videos of people who have just stuck with it year after year with success.  There was a discussion on here years ago and it was decided that 50 years old was the start of "Geezerhood" so Good Job Geezer!  Here's to many more years of strength!

Thank you Mike and Chris! It was nice to check website and see these two posts. You both know how much respect I have for you men-  continue to set the standard of class and strength. I know I am an acquired taste but I do put in the work! Thanks again to you both, much appreciated!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

This is actually kind of a fun thought! After reading you’re post, the only guy i can think of that can do both right now close to that age is Eric Milfeld. And I honestly can’t think of anyone else i know of that can do both at over 50. I know a couple personally that can still kill the bench at over 60. 330lbs+. And know one in his 50’s that benches about 495 raw for 2 or 3 reps. And 10 reps in the black slingshot. (Big J.) But none of them can do the #3 like that. So, Mike and Eric win!

2 hours ago, climber511 said:

50 is like the new 38 tho! I bet Eric would still whoop a mf’ers ass if they got cray.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

This is actually kind of a fun thought! After reading you’re post, the only guy i can think of that can do both right now close to that age is Eric Milfeld. And I honestly can’t think of anyone else i know of that can do both at over 50. I know a couple personally that can still kill the bench at over 60. 330lbs+. And know one in his 50’s that benches about 495 raw for 2 or 3 reps. And 10 reps in the black slingshot. (Big J.) But none of them can do the #3 like that. So, Mike and Eric win!

50 is like the new 38 tho! I bet Eric would still whoop a mf’ers ass if they got cray.

Yes sir!

Steve Millard(Westslope) & Steve Gardener(Mobsterone) can do both. I think the COC #3 is hardest part of the two even though the bench was paused close grip x 2  😊