Arnold Classic 2020 Armlifting Championship- best roster of athletes ever?

AdamTGlass

https://armliftingusa.com/arnold-classic-2020

Look for yourself at the competition line up for the Arnold. Is this the greatest line up ever? Highly likely to see new WR in all three events Axle, Rolling Thunder, and Silver Bullet.

best possible contenders in all weight classes IMO. All classes will be tight on points and big lifts will be happening. 

I can’t call the top 3 in Order but 2 of them will be Carl & Tanner. 🎯

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 6

A note I want to add - in 2019 the format was invite only and a lot of complained about it. This year it was open registration. Expo events are limited in size due to time constraints. EVERYONE in North America who could sign up could’ve signed up. 

Most of you reading this have not yet decided to do a contest. A few of you have. I’ll tell you, as some one who really enjoys the game, lifting at the Arnold is a very different experience than in someone’s gym i Hope to see you there 

• Like 3

Nice to see Mark Felix back in the Game after a few years being out of it.

And nice to see Laine in America competing.

Edited by Hubgeezer
  • Like 3

Great lineup!  Of course they're all lucky I retired at the end of last year. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

It'll be my first grip competition and I'm really excited. Still waiting on the weight classes breakdown so I know who I'm actually competing against. Doubt I'll place but I keep trying to tell myself that as long as I hit my openers it counts as a win. It'll be really cool to meet all these strong folks.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, devinhoo said:

It'll be my first grip competition and I'm really excited. Still waiting on the weight classes breakdown so I know who I'm actually competing against. Doubt I'll place but I keep trying to tell myself that as long as I hit my openers it counts as a win. It'll be really cool to meet all these strong folks.

What do you weigh?  I am going to weigh 175 (79.5 kg) for the Arnold (hovering around 82 kg now, but I have always managed to cut five pounds for arm lifting events in order to make 80kg).

• Like 2

Just now, Vinnie said:

What do you weigh?  I am going to weigh 175 (79.5 kg) for the Arnold (hovering around 82 kg now, but I have always managed to cut five pounds for arm lifting events in order to make 80kg).

I'm currently 185 lbs (closer to 80kg than 90kg unfortunately). I've been having a lot of trouble keeping weight on. 😕

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

I'm currently 185 lbs (closer to 80kg than 90kg unfortunately). I've been having a lot of trouble keeping weight on. 😕

Given that my approaching 185 (which I have on sad occasions hit) would be a result of excess fat and my ideal body weight with no fat would probably be around 155, I can honestly say that I wish I had your problem lol.

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

The official classes are as follows:

Friday: Women's 80kg and Women's 80+kg 

Saturday: Men's 80kg and Men's 90kg

Sunday: Men's 110kg, Men's 125kg, and Men's 125+kg 

There will be medals for the top three finishers in each weight class (21 total), as well as plaques for the overall best three results by event per day (27 total). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

The official classes are as follows:

Friday: Women's 80kg and Women's 80+kg 

Saturday: Men's 80kg and Men's 90kg

Sunday: Men's 110kg, Men's 125kg, and Men's 125+kg 

There will be medals for the top three finishers in each weight class (21 total), as well as plaques for the overall best three results by event per day (27 total). 

Right, right. I meant who's in which weight class. 😅

12 people competing on the first day, but I was curious as to folks in the 80 kg versus 90 kg classes. Assuming no unexpected weight changes for people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Right, right. I meant who's in which weight class. 😅

12 people competing on the first day, but I was curious as to folks in the 80 kg versus 90 kg classes. Assuming no unexpected weight changes for people.

Right. That I'm unsure about.

• Like 1

What a field of competitors!  A bunch of very strong people coming - both men and women!  Maybe next year for me.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Squeezus said:

I'll be in the 90kg.

I'll be 80kg.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

I am 110kg

Some kind of shapeshifter...

• Like 1

Just now, Squeezus said:

Some kind of shapeshifter...

An unfortunate shape just to be clear 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Given that my approaching 185 (which I have on sad occasions hit) would be a result of excess fat and my ideal body weight with no fat would probably be around 155, I can honestly say that I wish I had your problem lol.

Unfortunately the doctor's office "ideal body weight" is very different from the strength sports "ideal body weight". I'm 6'2" so the ideal body weight for dosing meds says I should be around 181 lbs, but for muscular muscular potential I should be closer to 211 lbs.

36 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

I am 110kg

Damn dude, we should compare notes about how to go from 90kg to 110kg. I'd love to gain 20 kg and jump two weight classes in the next year or two. Maybe by then I'll be able to put up a time on the GHP10 as well.

Edited by devinhoo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Damn dude, we should compare notes about how to go from 90kg to 110kg. I'd love to gain 20 kg and jump two weight classes in the next year or two. Maybe by then I'll be able to put up a time on the GHP10 as well.

To be fair I’m only 93kg, but I continue to gain weight. I don’t want to slide back in strength by attempting another weight cut.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, devinhoo said:

Unfortunately the doctor's office "ideal body weight" is very different from the strength sports "ideal body weight". I'm 6'2" so the ideal body weight for dosing meds says I should be around 181 lbs, but for muscular muscular potential I should be closer to 211 lbs.

Being in the 110k simply means you weigh more than 90k, but less than 110k.

i had this question all the time when I pulled arm wrestling tournaments. I pulled the 242 class in all but my first tournament. And everytime i showed up and the fellas asked what class I was pulling, and then I answered, they always said “no way you weigh 242lbs!” Um... yeah... no shit! The class is 199-242. So any weight inside of that puts you in the 242 class.

and, in closing, as a fatty myself, I’m glad the homies here are beginning to also identify as fatty’s. 😁

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Being in the 110k simply means you weigh more than 90k, but less than 110k.

i had this question all the time when I pulled arm wrestling tournaments. I pulled the 242 class in all but my first tournament. And everytime i showed up and the fellas asked what class I was pulling, and then I answered, they always said “no way you weigh 242lbs!” Um... yeah... no shit! The class is 199-242. So any weight inside of that puts you in the 242 class.

and, in closing, as a fatty myself, I’m glad the homies here are beginning to also identify as fatty’s. 😁

I thought there was a 100 kg class. My bad. I keep looking at Clay Edgin and Riccardo Magni's website thegripguys.net which lists a 100 kg class, and when I talked to Riccardo initially about going I'm pretty sure there was still a 100kg class. I didn't realize it went from 90kg to 110kg.

1 hour ago, devinhoo said:

I thought there was a 100 kg class. My bad. I keep looking at Clay Edgin and Riccardo Magni's website thegripguys.net which lists a 100 kg class, and when I talked to Riccardo initially about going I'm pretty sure there was still a 100kg class. I didn't realize it went from 90kg to 110kg.

I think the original plan was for there to be more classes (including 100 kg), but based on the number of registrations, the current split made the most sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devinhoo said:

Meh, no biggie. Please don’t take my post as a personal flaming.. didn't intend it that way. I’m just all too familiar with this exact confusion. And sort of intended for everyone reading to understand my post clearly. Not just you. What it leads to in almost every case where imaginations are left to run rampant is (are?) accusations of PEDs. Unfairly I might add.

the reason that “thought” manifests is because to the inattentive eye, it looks like Tanner all of a sudden weighs 240lbs. When that is not the case. Basically just wanted to nip that thought in the bud before it even happened.

but yes, Armlifting does, and will indeed take note of exact BW of each competitor and list lifts/records accordingly. So basically, expect to see Tanners lifts listed on the 100k class on the Armlifting site after the Arnold, despite him having to compete in the 110k for the comp. I know it’s sounds complicated, but I think Armlifting doing it that way is legit. It cuts down on having to have 15 different sets of awards ready to hand out for an overzealous amount of weight class divisions.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 2