Since 2020 - Poems of Steel

Horrido

7 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

Single Ironmind pads only

Fantastic

Got some new steel from @Fist of Fury a couple of days ago. I'm really happy about finishing this bar, cause the crush is really hard for me on square HRS. These are a little bit easier then the HRS I have encountered here in Sweden.

Also did a 130kg GBI bar in IMP some days back.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Horrido said:

Nice Bends, Anton.

Very good to watch your progress.

Thanks Jan! I'm having alot of fun with the bending right now. 

• Like 2

Last weekend I had some guys here at home to bend and have a good time.
Was a great day. There was 40°C and we had lots of cold drinks and a really fun time.

Unfortunatley @camz and @Martin Kotte couldn´t be with us due to family things.

No huge bends because of different reasons😆

Daniel @Truman bend a CRS 9mm Bar very fast but got a really deep cut in his index finger at his try to bend a 8.8 bolt.
But my good buddy Holger (perhaps his 5th time he bend) had a great day. He could cert the A2 bolt and smashed a CRS 8mm bar in IMP´s which is at red nail level. Very good work. I will force him to bend more and more and to get the red nail cert done in the future.

Maybe I will create a little video with the best scenes this week.

Here are the two videos and some other impressions:

• Like 6

After max testing log this morning I didn’t think I’d have much left for DO bending so I stuck to braced. Got a 3/4x48 bar - still (and excuse the digression) getting used to sweeping at this length again. I know it’s a factor of how far I can kink it but I have a hard time figuring out if I should brace and pull around or if it’s in position to go straight into the elbow for a crunch sweep.

With the short stuff, though, it’s always straight to the pull-through sweep as soon as I can get the smallest degree of kink. This was a 1/2”x14 bar which is a PR for me.

Boneyard pic includes a blue nail I snapped to warm up. Video may give you flashbacks involving burpees.

B19C3C7D-A6FF-46D3-8B73-4E07E6FCEF05.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Finally bent a big edgin in suede over IMPs! Next one will be in single IMPs and on camera! Probably have a huge edgin if I can bend it on center

20200811_120202.jpg

• Like 5

Today was a session that was mostly just to say I bent. I’m working heavily on my log press this month so my shoulders aren’t in great shape for DO. I wanted to do a little braced bending after log today so I hit a 10” spike, a SCF Polo 1 and a 1/2x16 bar that I’d kinked and failed on a while back. Not a bad session. 

3E66B777-5476-422C-A40C-E37127319157.jpeg

• Like 6

Well, you guys talked me into it. Honestly I couldn't stay away. It's been some time since I bent or did any physical activity besides walking, so I have a ways to go before I regain what I have lost. Here is a bend from my second mini-session back.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Horrido said:

Glad to see you back, Delmar.

Looking forward to big bends from you!

Feels good to be back, at least mentally.  My hands were cramping so bad that they woke me up a few times last night. I gotta get used to the pain again. Lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Briso said:

Great to see you back at it Delmar!!!! 💪

Thanks Brian!

• Like 1

I’m going to post one of these separately but after my log session today I hit a horseshoe (kinked unbraced because I’m a  fool) and then braced bends at 3/4x48, 5/8x24 (new PR at that diameter) and 1/2x14 (matched PR at that diameter). Good session overall. 

129F6648-7E13-4285-A019-7363EDD21204.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

The following video is a real poem of steel.

Our strong powerhouse Batraz Tibilov was finally able to bend the red nail with barehand style. Such a great feat!

Here is the Video:

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, Horrido said:

The following video is a real poem of steel.

Our strong powerhouse Batraz Tibilov was finally able to bend the red nail with barehand style. Such a great feat!

Here is the Video:

Insanity!  Incredible and historic bend!

• Like 2

Awesome feat!

• Like 1

One of the craziest bends ever done! Bat is so strong and his pinkies must be like iron by now.

• Like 2

Damn! I never thought we would see a full barehanded bend of a red nail. I could kink one 5-7 degrees back in the day and I thought that would be the limit. The skin on his hand must be like thick leather!

• Like 5

On 9/3/2020 at 5:20 AM, David_wigren said:

Damn! I never thought we would see a full barehanded bend of a red nail. I could kink one 5-7 degrees back in the day and I thought that would be the limit. The skin on his hand must be like thick leather!

I've been convinced it would happen since my first Red bends. 

Actually...in 2013, I logged...

"Nov 24

Gonna try and bend more often (EJ suggestion) and toughen up my hands.

(DO) G8 (2) IMP's Singles (PR) , 6" Bolt 5/16" (1), Red (1)

I am starting to think I may eventually be able to (DU) a Red. I may make a few attempts in the near future. Additionally...down the road, I think I'm eventually going to be able to bare hand a Red (ends ground smooth of course). Don't ask me why...hubris maybe?"

After barehanding a number of different nails, I'm now convinced that a DO barehand Red is possible also. 

It would definitely help to cherry pick one without jagged ends...but I see it happening down the road.

• Like 4