Since 2020 - Poems of Steel

Horrido

2 hours ago, Horrido said:

OK, that's 233kg at 6". In his calibration this is like a 6" red nail.

How was the bend and in which pads?

Well done, for sure!

Felt extremely soft and it was done in single imps

• Like 1

7"x7/16 fully threaded. This felt a lot like a big grade 2. The only thing that made it a little easier was that I could get a nice tight wrap on both sides.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Jaden Majensky said:

7"x7/16 fully threaded. This felt a lot like a big grade 2. The only thing that made it a little easier was that I could get a nice tight wrap on both sides.

This is hella strong, but please be real careful bending this threaded stuff. I just had a partially threaded bolt snap at the threads on me a week or so ago and I'd hate to see you get a bolt to the throat.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

This is hella strong, but please be real careful bending this threaded stuff. I just had a partially threaded bolt snap at the threads on me a week or so ago and I'd hate to see you get a bolt to the throat.

Yeah I've had that happen to me twice now. I've even cut myself trying to double overhand a flat wrench and cut my neck. But yeah I wouldn't exactly recommend bending threaded stock to anybody.

• Like 3

Hey Guys!

I'm finally back at it. Started last week with a Red Nail - Replica in double Pads (IMPs + selfmade suede pads) which - to my own surprise - went down super easy. Yesterday i bend two of them.

My goal for now is to get used to the double Pads and add volume each session until i'm at 10 of those 8mm/7" CRS bars in reasonable time as prep for a 9mm/7" CRS bar. 

20200509_203515.jpg

• Like 7

Daniel is back in the game! Very happy with this.

Good things will happen soon.

Germany is back on track with Martin, Carl, Daniel and Richard. More to come....

• Like 5

I felt very good about today’s session. 7” grade 8 to warm up, two Reds in IMPs, a Bastard in BBWs and a Big Bastard in IMPs. The Big was pretty painfully off center and the crush was much harder than usual. 

E09BEAE1-A525-4179-897E-54BE2BEED625.jpeg

• Like 8

Very good session!

The off center makes the crush really difficult. So, well done.

Can't wait to see you on the red nail list and the journey to higher goals!

• Like 5

Super off center, but I bent my first Bastard nail today in leather wraps. Kink and sweep felt fine but the crush really got me. Ended up cheating the last bit of the crush by bracing my elbow against my leg.

• Like 8

Kerckhaert DF 25x10 size 5 horseshoe bend
A week ago I started bending big sized shoes again.
I have to learn the good shoe placement again, but after few shoes it will be ok.
I hope 25x10 size 4 will come soon.
Bend starts around 3:10

• Like 4

FBBC 9/32×7" crs in one ironmind pad, not as bad as I thought it would be, but not exactly a pleasant experience.

• Like 4

To all of those who are relatively new to this sport, here is a personal story as words of encouragement. When I started bending I was 14 years old and I'm almost certain my first bend was 3/16"x7" round. The 3/16" Square CRS was too much for me at that point. Slowly I got that, then my first 60d, then first G5, etc etc until slowly I got some pretty solid bends like a grand shiny and an Edgin. It takes hard work but always compare yourself to how strong you were yesterday, not to people that have been doing this for north of a decade. Hahaha. Keep on slaying steel y'all!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vikingsrule92 said:

To all of those who are relatively new to this sport, here is a personal story as words of encouragement. When I started bending I was 14 years old and I'm almost certain my first bend was 3/16"x7" round. The 3/16" Square CRS was too much for me at that point. Slowly I got that, then my first 60d, then first G5, etc etc until slowly I got some pretty solid bends like a grand shiny and an Edgin. It takes hard work but always compare yourself to how strong you were yesterday, not to people that have been doing this for north of a decade. Hahaha. Keep on slaying steel y'all!

I really appreciate this man. I saw your World Class Bends post and thought "dang, that's such a long way off for me". But in all fairness, you've been doing this for way, way longer than I have. So yeah, it might just take time.

Edited by devinhoo
  • Like 1

After some fails on big bends the last two weeks I made set back on hard bends. Some solid bends yesterday and after all I did a one IMP bend as above, because there are still some one IMP goals out there for me.

Thougt this bolt feels harder, but was ok.

Next week is the time for some hard double bends, I guess.

Edited by Horrido
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Horrido said:

After some fails on big bends the last two weeks I made set back on hard bends. Some solid bends yesterday and after all I did a one IMP bend as above, because there are still some one IMP goals out there for me.

Thougt this bolt feels harder, but was ok.

Next week is the time for some hard double bends, I guess.

Great job! These one IMP bends always hurt!! I am not familiar with that bolt, what does it compare to? Nice bend Jan.

• Like 3

Thanks Don. This bolt is a little bit harder than a red nail. But I tought it would be harder. The A2 bolt is more harder and it's going down the next time, I think.

These bolts are available soon in a new bending project. Stay tuned.

• Like 3

Nice to see many new benders here! Rehab going well and I start to like this hobby again. Just for fun nowdays and no big goals. 

• Like 9

Yesterday…
Found a huge duke which was sent to me by Zsolt, some months ago along with some other FBBC bars. So I tried it with doubles and was very easy thought the duke was harder. Should have done it in IMP´s. But it´s a bend.

Then I tried a CRS Square 8mm x 5,5". Failed this one three times before. So this time I got it. Unfortunatley not in the 5 minute time frame, but I am happy with it.

The two videos:

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Horrido said:

Yesterday…
Found a huge duke which was sent to me by Zsolt, some months ago along with some other FBBC bars. So I tried it with doubles and was very easy thought the duke was harder. Should have done it in IMP´s. But it´s a bend.

Then I tried a CRS Square 8mm x 5,5". Failed this one three times before. So this time I got it. Unfortunatley not in the 5 minute time frame, but I am happy with it.

The two videos:

Wow! I'm not a fan in short steel but great bends @Horrido!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Horrido said:

Yesterday…

The two videos:

Wow! KILLER bends, Jan! That 5.5” square in particular is a monster bend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tried my first Huge Bastard yesterday. Got it in just over 5min. Very surprised at how intense the crush was compared to a regular Bastard. I'll try it again soon and hopefully I can do it within the time limit.

• Like 4

Hey guys,

prep goes well an i tried a FBBC Bastard in IMPs yesterday.

As @Horrido predicted a few days earlier it went down pretty good.

Edited by Truman
  • Like 7