Horrido

2020 - Poems of Steel

KRC

Same here with the lying snaps. The standing bend is no problem but I am not applying power correctly on the short bend lying on my back.  Have you looked at David and others' videos to see if there's anything to pick up technique-wise?

Tom Flesher

Definitely, although evidently not enough of them. James Jackson’s submission has his ankles crossed in the air on his thigh crush and that just makes me feel like a fish flopping around.

Im guessing that at some point I’m going to recognize some key tip (like when i started cueing “heels together” on thigh crushes) that will allow me to stop wasting force but for now? Bleh!

• Like 1

Buccos1
On 6/24/2020 at 12:38 PM, KRC said:

Same here with the lying snaps. The standing bend is no problem but I am not applying power correctly on the short bend lying on my back.  Have you looked at David and others' videos to see if there's anything to pick up technique-wise?

On 6/24/2020 at 1:26 PM, Tom Flesher said:

Definitely, although evidently not enough of them. James Jackson’s submission has his ankles crossed in the air on his thigh crush and that just makes me feel like a fish flopping around.

Im guessing that at some point I’m going to recognize some key tip (like when i started cueing “heels together” on thigh crushes) that will allow me to stop wasting force but for now? Bleh!

The lying snaps are killing me!  No idea how to generate effective power into the bar with the bolts.  I've watched several videos but whatever they are doing with it, I'm unable to for whatever reason.  Just a really awkward position.  The standing stuff is great.

• Like 3

Tom Flesher

Just a little different today. I hadn’t done any long braced bends in a while, but

1) I just did unbraced on Friday. Even so, I had planned to DO a bolt for a practice snap today. Nevertheless, 

b) I tore some skin that has been fragile and even kinking the bolt in DHWOG wraps was making it significantly worse. I need that skin for my official Steel Shredder attempts, since I can’t tape for them. In addition,

π) a member of our community, who shall remain nameless because he doesn’t post in this thread, posted on another forum that he’s purchased not only 3/4 HRS but 7/8 HRS. I was therefore required to challenge him to a race to 7/8.

So it’s time to get back to heavy braced bends if I’m going to win this race (or even finish it).

15” 3/8 rebar snapped in Horne wraps, followed by 5/8x25” and 1/2x15” in thick suedes I bought from Chris Ryder. It took a few tries to remember what positions worked for me but overall I was happy.

49D639C5-44A0-440E-825F-8CE0F5DA4204.jpeg

• Like 6

Tom Flesher

These videos each contain an F bomb if that’s problematic for you. They contain me fumbling around like I don’t know what I’m doing, which is problematic for me. 

5/8x25: 

1/2x15:

• Like 5

Horrido

Today I got a package from @Jaden Majensky with lots of hard and great bars. Huge thanks buddy!
I will try one or two of them in the next session, because today was volume day and I train after a strict plan.

After the volume work it was time again for an one IMP bend and here it is:

• Like 5

Danny Young
Posted (edited)

Very nasty bend in single IMPs! 5.5" by 5/16" hex 12L14 CRS. Bent off center.

20200630_181312.jpg

Edited by Danny Young
  • Like 4

anwnate
8 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

Very nasty bend in single IMPs! 5.5" by 5/16" 12L14 CRS. Bent off center.

20200630_181312.jpg

Nice!  ...and Ouch!

• Like 1

Briso

Bent 5 x 8mm x 7 inch CRS (about the same as a bastard bar) in single ironmind wraps.

These all felt very good today, bends were all done in 4 hits. (about 10-12 secs for each complete bend)

Then did 2 cert bends for horrido bending straight after these in ironmind wraps and suedes.

• A2 bolt with half inch cut off
  • A2 bolt with full inch cut off. 

@Horrido Jan, I've sent you over the videos 🙂

Really pleased with these today, considering its my 3rd proper session back! 😁

8mm and A2 bolts cut to size.JPG

Edited by Briso
  • Like 6

Slippery Pete

• Like 3