80D bend

Tommy J.

1.5” wraps

Still got some horse power. Pretty far out from being able to bend these in IMP’s again. Y’all are giving me the bending bug. I may give it another run. Maybe...

i think this is my first time doing any kind of voice over on a vid. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

D06C52FD-6FCB-4B04-9FE5-7081C273499E.jpeg

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 13

Easy one for you.

Glad to see you bending some stuff, but tell us, what's the secret fluid before the action?

• Like 1

Just now, Horrido said:

Easy one for you.

Glad to see you bending some stuff, but tell us, what's the secret fluid before the action?

Lol thank you brother. Today’s drink was orange juice and vodka.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horrido said:

Holy shit. Last time I drank this I was 16 years old😆

I’m going on about 9 minutes since my last one. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Great job! You going to get back into it full time?

Thanks homie

Maybe.. I’ve retained a decent amount of the horse power from before. Maybe 75-80%? But not all of it unfortunately.

my thin wrap game prolly only 60-65% where it was. So I guess it’s safe to say the hand and finger conditioning is what goes away the fastest when you take a big layoff.

So I’m not sure what route I want to go in the event of a round 2. Thin wraps or thick wraps.

As far as thick wraps, I was eye’ing a couple FBBC cert bends today. The 3/8” hex king looks pretty formidable. That wasn’t even on the roster back when I was bending heavy. So its intriguing. Not 100% sure I want to attempt a run at it yet.. but that one did catch my eye. Has anyone calibrated one of those?

if I go thin wraps, I will be strictly training 8-3/8” length. With only 1 bend in mind. As it would be the only one worth tearing my fingers up again to achieve.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Thanks homie

Maybe.. I’ve retained a decent amount of the horse power from before. Maybe 75-80%? But not all of it unfortunately.

my thin wrap game prolly only 60-65% where it was. So I guess it’s safe to say the hand and finger conditioning is what goes away the fastest when you take a big layoff.

So I’m not sure what route I want to go in the event of a round 2. Thin wraps or thick wraps.

As far as thick wraps, I was eye’ing a couple FBBC cert bends today. The 3/8” hex king looks pretty formidable. That wasn’t even on the roster back when I was bending heavy. So its intriguing. Not 100% sure I want to attempt a run at it yet.. but that one did catch my eye. Has anyone calibrated one of those?

if I go thin wraps, I will be strictly training 8-3/8” length. With only 1 bend in mind. As it would be the only one worth tearing my fingers up again to achieve.

I don’t know of anyone calibrating a hex king. I can imagine the finger toughness is the first thing to go. Probably takes the longest to build too. 

Never saw a calibration number on the Hex King, but here is a try from Alex in 2017:

As you can see extrem hard stuff. Alex was and is the best DO guy out there in my opinion!

The Tsar could be a nice bend for you. Should be in the range of an old or new hard KOAB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horrido said:

Never saw a calibration number on the Hex King, but here is a try from Alex in 2017:

As you can see extrem hard stuff. Alex was and is the best DO guy out there in my opinion!

The Tsar could be a nice bend for you. Should be in the range of an old or new hard KOAB.

So initially when watching it, I spotted a couple other attempted bars on the desk as well. 2 of them were the black class 12.9 bolts with the allen heads. I have one of those that Hannes sent me that I also didn’t finish, but took further than Alex. Pics below.

189A416E-C69D-4A87-BF64-D901DF63A5C5.jpeg

8DF1A3E0-B8CC-445C-BE4D-620FF04D6915.jpeg

But then I searched his channel and saw this vid:

And thought “holy shit!”

yep, that’s a bad dude

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 3

That makes 2 guys now I know of that have bent a gold nail under cert conditions.

Alex’s gold nail bend I posted above was shot just 2 months ago. Which means he will be the first gold nail cert. that’s exciting! And after seeing his vid, I’m actually surprised he hasn’t done it yet.

that said, it’s official. I just came out of retirement. Gotta rep for USA! And maybe the extra fat will take me further this time. 😆

• Like 3

Yep, his best Bends:

Gold Nail - Cert conditions

10.9 in IMP'S

Grade 8 - 6" FBBC Cert

12.9 - only one out there

So the 12.9 Bolt is a really really bad one. Thought it cant be done until I saw it from him.

Problem with a Gold Nail Cert is a Referee in his area and the problem with the english as far as I know.

And sounds good that it is now official! Welcome Back!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Horrido said:

Yep, his best Bends:

Gold Nail - Cert conditions

10.9 in IMP'S

Grade 8 - 6" FBBC Cert

12.9 - only one out there

So the 12.9 Bolt is a really really bad one. Thought it cant be done until I saw it from him.

Problem with a Gold Nail Cert is a Referee in his area and the problem with the english as far as I know.

And sounds good that it is now official! Welcome Back!

Is he in Russia?

4 minutes ago, Horrido said:

Yes, Russia.

Ivan Beritashvili is in Russia, and speaks excellent English. He and I have spoke a few times via skyp, and for a few years online. Ivan is the guy I would think would be a perfect referee for his cert. he is very much in the know with bending, and is aware of Ironmind certs. He has done the #3 and the red nail through Ironmind.

i will get in touch with Ivan and see if he can help Alex out getting the cert lined up.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 1

Yes Ivan is the best contact person in russia, I know.

I know that he is very busy with work and that the Iron Grip community don't exist anymore, but it would be great to contact him to help with this issues.

great Bend Tommy. Its great to see you back and bending again. You are one of the best DO benders all time and I look forward to see you make another run. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chez said:

great Bend Tommy. Its great to see you back and bending again. You are one of the best DO benders all time and I look forward to see you make another run. 

Thank you for the kind words brother. You have always been one to motivate. 🙏🏻

If I’m being honest, there’s plenty of sleeping giants out there. My intent is that one of us can beat the Russian. So without shame, I take this time to rally the Troops. 

@EJ Livesey

@acorn 

@J.T. Straussner

@Paul Knight

@Daniel Ottlinger

@Daniel Splendoria

@Delmar Carter

@Donc101

and you too @vikingsrule92

Weather this call is heard or not is irrelevant. I take aim with or without a squad.

F8601062-7DBB-4BC6-B808-BB0D95EE10FE.png

• Like 4

I am very interessted how far this will go.

No matter how but this will bring some new and some elite bends to the community and that is great!

The more active bender the better for all of us.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Horrido said:

I am very interessted how far this will go.

No matter how but this will bring some new and some elite bends to the community and that is great!

The more active bender the better for all of us.

Btw, EJ just came out of retirement as well. 😎

• Like 3

Sounds great!

I will also get some good guys back here in germany to take part against big steel.

Martin @Martin Kotte

Carl @camz 

Also we have Daniel @Truman as an intermidiat with hunger to bigger stuff and Richard (fresh red nail roster) who is really fixed about the bending stuff.

Let's see how it goes!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Horrido said:

Sounds great!

I will also get some good guys back here in germany to take part against big steel.

Martin @Martin Kotte

Carl @camz 

Also we have Daniel @Truman as an intermidiat with hunger to bigger stuff and Richard (fresh red nail roster) who is really fixed about the bending stuff.

Let's see how it goes!

I would also like to see more from @Stanley sallee I think he will be formidable across the board within 7-8 months once he gets ahold of some FBBC steel.

Horrido, any chance you can reach out to Hannes? He was SO strong on short bends. Great guy too.

and where you at on all this @David_wigren? Would be interested in seeing you tackle some DO bends with the extra muscle!

• Like 1

I am not on Facebook, but I try to contact Hannes for sure. At the moment he and I take part on the Steel Shredder Competition from David Horne. There I can send him some messages I think.

I know from Wiggy that he can't bend DO without a lot of pain in his shoulders. So unfortunatly there will be not a comeback from sweden.

• Like 1

Great to see you back at it Tommy! 🙂

Cant wait to see what you and the old dream team of benders are capable of in 2020!

Im tempted to get back into it myself and get the KOAB this year!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Briso said:

Great to see you back at it Tommy! 🙂

Cant wait to see what you and the old dream team of benders are capable of in 2020!

Im tempted to get back into it myself and get the KOAB this year!

My dude! Glad to see you back at it homie!

tempted?! Ha! Do! And the KOAB shall bend at your will! 💪🏻

• Thanks 1