Thoughts on this lift?

Tommy J.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I agree with him being a good guy. And my hope is what is written in this text by Bader. 

But this is not to say people don't cheat on grip. Many do, many had, and many got caught. I don't think Aricunisi is though. A non rotating bar is way easier.

2 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

But this is not to say people don't cheat on grip. Many do, many had, and many got caught. I don't think Aricunisi is though. A non rotating bar is way easier.

All we can do is hope for the truth and if challenged, prove them wrong. When someone challenged me on my hammers being fake, what did I do? Showed them what’s what!! When accused, make the accuser eat their words and take it as a compliment. 

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

All we can do is hope for the truth and if challenged, prove them wrong. When someone challenged me on my hammers being fake, what did I do? Showed them what’s what!! When accused, make the accuser eat their words and take it as a compliment. 

Oh yes of course. I don't believe he is a member here though? Then no one really asked him to prove anything.

5 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Oh yes of course. I don't believe he is a member here though? Then no one really asked him to prove anything.

I did ask him to weight the plates in the comments section of the IG vid. Obviously I blasted the comments after being made aware of more details as to his other thickbar lifts, and them not stacking up with the huge fatgrips lift.

he deleted my comments from below the vid and blocked me from commenting further.

He also informed me he was not a nazi. And I did nazi the humor in it.

17 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I did ask him to weight the plates in the comments section of the IG vid. Obviously I blasted the comments after being made aware of more details as to his other thickbar lifts, and them not stacking up with the huge fatgrips lift.

he deleted my comments from below the vid and blocked me from commenting further.

He also informed me he was not a nazi. And I did nazi the humor in it.

Yep... definitely THE Tommy J! 😆😆😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Bar is visibly bowed up at the beginning of the lift and visibly bowed down at the end. This means it is not an optical illusion and the bar is actually bent. A bent bar doesn't roll nearly as much, so while this may be a strong lift that the average person could not do, it is naive to say that he is the best orange fatgripz lifter. This is a perfect example of how small uncontrolled variables in equipment can totally skew the playing field.

It wouldn't be fair to assume that Aricunisi knows that the bar he was lifting on is bent, or if he even knows that it affects the lift. For all we know, he genuinely thinks that he is the best orange Fatgripz lifter in the world. All we can say for sure is that if that bar was straight, that lift would be much more difficult to do, and since all the other people competing have not been lifting on bent bars, his lift cannot be compared to them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Squeezus said:

Bar is visibly bowed up at the beginning of the lift and visibly bowed down at the end. This means it is not an optical illusion and the bar is actually bent. A bent bar doesn't roll nearly as much, so while this may be a strong lift that the average person could not do, it is naive to say that he is the best orange fatgripz lifter. This is a perfect example of how small uncontrolled variables in equipment can totally skew the playing field.

It wouldn't be fair to assume that Aricunisi knows that the bar he was lifting on is bent, or if he even knows that it affects the lift. For all we know, he genuinely thinks that he is the best orange Fatgripz lifter in the world. All we can say for sure is that if that bar was straight, that lift would be much more difficult to do, and since all the other people competing have not been lifting on bent bars, his lift cannot be compared to them.

This.

8 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

No he is not.