Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Boulderbrew

Tommy Jennings Return to the Gripboard

Tommy Jennings Return to the Gripboard  

45 members have voted

  1. 1. We have been shooting the sh*t at grip practice. It recently came up, do you want Tommy back on the board?

    • Bring him back
      41
    • Send him packing
      4


Recommended Posts

king crusher
Posted (edited)

I always liked the drama so I say yes he should. Reminds me of the good old drama days on here in 2004-05 when ppl actually got banned, Like me, but years later I was let back on lol

Edited by king crusher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boulderbrew
4 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

This poll does feel very not TommyTexas-ish though. His GAF ethos is softened by this. 

Well If Tommy decides to come back (Provided he is allowed back) I’ll let him answer that for you. I don’t want to blow Tommy’s tough guy cover, but he may dig the gripboard fellas and cares what you think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
10 hours ago, king crusher said:

I always liked the drama so I say yes he should. Reminds me of the good old drama days on here in 2004-05 when ppl actually got banned, Like me, but years later I was let back on lol

Yup! This place is boring without a little good old fashioned controlled controversy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoggoth
14 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

Well If Tommy decides to come back (Provided he is allowed back) I’ll let him answer that for you. I don’t want to blow Tommy’s tough guy cover, but he may dig the gripboard fellas and cares what you think.

Well I definitely miss the guy being around. I’ve enjoyed his company online for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.

Back by popular demand. 

if this were an election, the ballots were so one sided that even electoral votes wouldn’t have changed it. 😁

 

to respond to some of the sentiments as to “why” a poll thread, my thoughts are why not. There was a brief period where I wondered if I pissed every single member off here due to the restricted mode posting. So I was indeed curious to see where I really stood around here.

a poll thread allows brutal honesty and at the same time allows others (who are obviously not as loud as me!😆) to remain relatively silent with their vote. Basically, an anonymous “no” vote is easier for closet haters to avoid conflict, and/or not have to face any flaming. So I felt it was the way to go.

also, very democratic. for those who like that style of rule.

 

anywho, glad to be back. Bench still sucks, but the Stache is on fleek again.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoggoth

Get your Bench thread fired back up!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Good to have you back. This place is one big tumble weed fest the past few months.  Not much going on at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.
5 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Get your Bench thread fired back up!

Lol, will do!

 

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Good to have you back. This place is one big tumble weed fest the past few months.  Not much going on at all.

Thanks man. Bummer about the slow traffic around here.. I’ll do what I can to get the place jumping again. 😇

 

A37CDEC7-327A-45F2-8FBF-FCF4372ACE2F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Back by popular demand. 

if this were an election, the ballots were so one sided that even electoral votes wouldn’t have changed it. 😁

 

to respond to some of the sentiments as to “why” a poll thread, my thoughts are why not. There was a brief period where I wondered if I pissed every single member off here due to the restricted mode posting. So I was indeed curious to see where I really stood around here.

a poll thread allows brutal honesty and at the same time allows others (who are obviously not as loud as me!😆) to remain relatively silent with their vote. Basically, an anonymous “no” vote is easier for closet haters to avoid conflict, and/or not have to face any flaming. So I felt it was the way to go.

also, very democratic. for those who like that style of rule.

 

anywho, glad to be back. Bench still sucks, but the Stache is on fleek again.

Sup buddy? Can you ask Bill to get your old account back if it's possible? There are lots of informative comments on that account.

Edited by Alawadhi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jchapman

Will there be new bending videos that involve Jim Beam?!?!?!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.
1 hour ago, jchapman said:

Will there be new bending videos that involve Jim Beam?!?!?!?!?

Lol! Possible but not likely. I’ve given up the Beam. ...well not exactly. I just quit buying it. If it’s there I might smash a bottle. But I’m about the gentleman jack and fireball these days. But who am I kidding! I’m still a cheap whiskey guy. 🤔

plus, all the stuff I left unbent (that was in my crosshairs) is crazy hard stuff. It would take quite a bit of reconditioning to get back up to where I left off and begin chasing down the less than handful goal bends I left unbent. And basically, It would be super boring for me to have to work back up through a bunch of stuff I already bent just to get back in the ballpark of the unbent stuff.

Also, I do consider myself fortunate I wasn’t one of the guys that retired from bending due to injury. 🙏🏻

If I’m being honest?.... I do miss the Pantera and Jim Beam bending sessions from time to time. So anything is possible I reckon.

 

but what would be more exciting for me to see with regards to bending is for another sub 200lb’er make a similar or better run at the same bends, and THEN some. I’d be glued to the screen, and maybe even make a point to come see it in person when it happens. I took mad pride, and still do, in being THE smallest bender bending at that level DO unbraced.

that said, I am convinced that THE greatest verified DO bend of all time won’t EVER be done by a sub 200lb guy. And imo, that bend is Aaron’s 5/16x6.5” SS square bent in under 5 min. Need a lot of muscle to replicate that one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.
1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Sup buddy? Can you ask Bill to get your old account back if it possible? There are lots of informative comments on that account.

I can try, and thank you for the kind words brotherrrrr

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
king crusher
1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Lol! Possible but not likely. I’ve given up the Beam. ...well not exactly. I just quit buying it. If it’s there I might smash a bottle. But I’m about the gentleman jack and fireball these days. But who am I kidding! I’m still a cheap whiskey guy. 🤔

plus, all the stuff I left unbent (that was in my crosshairs) is crazy hard stuff. It would take quite a bit of reconditioning to get back up to where I left off and begin chasing down the less than handful goal bends I left unbent. And basically, It would be super boring for me to have to work back up through a bunch of stuff I already bent just to get back in the ballpark of the unbent stuff.

Also, I do consider myself fortunate I wasn’t one of the guys that retired from bending due to injury. 🙏🏻

If I’m being honest?.... I do miss the Pantera and Jim Beam bending sessions from time to time. So anything is possible I reckon.

 

but what would be more exciting for me to see with regards to bending is for another sub 200lb’er make a similar or better run at the same bends, and THEN some. I’d be glued to the screen, and maybe even make a point to come see it in person when it happens. I took mad pride, and still do, in being THE smallest bender bending at that level DO unbraced.

that said, I am convinced that THE greatest verified DO bend of all time won’t EVER be done by a sub 200lb guy. And imo, that bend is Aaron’s 5/16x6.5” SS square bent in under 5 min. Need a lot of muscle to replicate that one.

What ever happened to EJ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.
2 minutes ago, king crusher said:

What ever happened to EJ? 

We stay in touch. EJ is still my homie. He’s working in Maryland as an airport police officer these days. Not TSA. The real popo.

lost touch with Hannes tho. Not sure what he’s been up to the last 5 or 6 or so years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vikingsrule92
3 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Lol! Possible but not likely. I’ve given up the Beam. ...well not exactly. I just quit buying it. If it’s there I might smash a bottle. But I’m about the gentleman jack and fireball these days. But who am I kidding! I’m still a cheap whiskey guy. 🤔

plus, all the stuff I left unbent (that was in my crosshairs) is crazy hard stuff. It would take quite a bit of reconditioning to get back up to where I left off and begin chasing down the less than handful goal bends I left unbent. And basically, It would be super boring for me to have to work back up through a bunch of stuff I already bent just to get back in the ballpark of the unbent stuff.

Also, I do consider myself fortunate I wasn’t one of the guys that retired from bending due to injury. 🙏🏻

If I’m being honest?.... I do miss the Pantera and Jim Beam bending sessions from time to time. So anything is possible I reckon.

 

but what would be more exciting for me to see with regards to bending is for another sub 200lb’er make a similar or better run at the same bends, and THEN some. I’d be glued to the screen, and maybe even make a point to come see it in person when it happens. I took mad pride, and still do, in being THE smallest bender bending at that level DO unbraced.

that said, I am convinced that THE greatest verified DO bend of all time won’t EVER be done by a sub 200lb guy. And imo, that bend is Aaron’s 5/16x6.5” SS square bent in under 5 min. Need a lot of muscle to replicate that one.

*COUGH LOUDLY AND INTENTIONALLY SO AS TO DRAW YOUR ATTENTION*

I'm 180 right now. Bring it on @Tommy J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrankSobotka

Damn, this place is better already! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bencrush

Glad to see you back, Tommy!  I voted YES by the way.  :cool

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, vikingsrule92 said:

*COUGH LOUDLY AND INTENTIONALLY SO AS TO DRAW YOUR ATTENTION*

I'm 180 right now. Bring it on @Tommy J.

Really? Okay.

KOAB- at under 200lbs and under FBBC rules

5/16”x6.5” G8- at under 200lbs and under FBBC rules

6”x5/16” CRS square- at under 200lbs and under FBBC rules

gold nail- at under 200lbs, also bent in 1:07

5/17”x7” grade 8 in single cordura wraps also under FBBC rules, and at under 200lbs.

Just to name a few.

Yeah you were decent, but if were being honest, no where near any of those bends. 🤷🏼‍♂️

 

Unless you were just joking.. in that case, 😂

Edited by Tommy J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vikingsrule92
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Really? Okay.

KOAB- at under 200lbs and under FBBC rules

5/16”x6.5” G8- at under 200lbs and under FBBC rules

6”x5/16” CRS square- at under 200lbs and under FBBC rules

gold nail- at under 200lbs, also bent in 1:07

5/17”x7” grade 8 in single cordura wraps also under FBBC rules, and at under 200lbs.

Just to name a few.

Yeah you were decent, but if were being honest, no where near any of those bends. 🤷🏼‍♂️

 

Unless you were just joking.. in that case, 😂

Did you do any of those before you could legally smoke? Because, if you want to add qualifiers, most of my "decent" bends were done before I graduated high school. I think I bent a cut bastard before I could legally drive actually. I'd have to check the dates.

You said you wanted to see someone under 200 pounds make a run at your bends. Here I am. Are you up for a challenge NOW or do you want to rest on your laurels from however many years ago all of those were performed?

Edited by vikingsrule92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.
6 minutes ago, vikingsrule92 said:

Did you do any of those before you could legally smoke? Because, if you want to add qualifiers, most of my "decent" bends were done before I graduated high school. I think I bent a cut bastard before I could legally drive actually. I'd have to check the dates.

You said you wanted to see someone under 200 pounds make a run at your bends. Here I am. Are you up for a challenge NOW or do you want to rest on your laurels from however many years ago all of those were performed?

I will watch whatever run you try to make. And wish you well.

and speaking of laurels from years ago, you kind of came and went before I ever showed up. There has already been ample time to match or surpass my bends. So you can see how I overlooked you as a possible candidate? No insult intended. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.
Posted (edited)

I started bending in mid 2012, and had concluded my bending by the end of 2013ish early 2014ish. If memory serves. So... tick tock.

 

edit: correction, started bending Feb 2012

Edited by Tommy J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamTGlass

Orc 

B16773C0-6051-4980-A160-A4043A5FE7C7.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.
8 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Orc 

B16773C0-6051-4980-A160-A4043A5FE7C7.jpeg

So this is a bit of an inside joke to those reading.. the males in the Jennings family are like a bunch of Orc’s. Adam has been working with my pops and one of my cousins for a while now in the trade along side them as an electrician. And if or when you meet the crew, every thing makes sense. 

The other males in the family loosely resemble the green guy above.

myself being the runt of the litter, not so much on the uber thick stature. But still somewhat of an orc I suppose. 😆 a skinnier one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

So this is a bit of an inside joke to those reading.. the males in the Jennings family are like a bunch of Orc’s. Adam has been working with my pops and one of my cousins for a while now in the trade along side them as an electrician. And if or when you meet the crew, every thing makes sense. 

The other males in the family loosely resemble the green guy above.

myself being the runt of the litter, not so much on the uber thick stature. But still somewhat of an orc I suppose. 😆 a skinnier one...

Wow dude! That does look like your dad!! Holy cow!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.