Half 95 (second Gen) blob-- 2 finger*** lift

Tycoon

My apologies if this is posted in the wrong place, but I thought I'd share this.  I took a crack at a half 95 lift, using only my middle and ring finger. My index finger probably helped a bit, as I couldn't tuck it back as far as my little finger without distancing my hand from the blob. So it's more like 2.5 fingers and a thumb... 

sheesh, Didn't think I'd need a whole paragraph explaining a lift...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, devinhoo said:

Have you had a chance to lift a half 100 blob yet?

Nope! This is the closest I have, and its second Gen, so its not really even close to a fatman. I have added weight to this blob, or used less fingers to pick it up, but until I get my hands on the blob, I have no Idea how I'll perform!

Juha Harju used to lift all of his blobs like this...some people with smaller hands are able to get better bite and better span using this technique. Good lift

2 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

Juha Harju used to lift all of his blobs like this...some people with smaller hands are able to get better bite and better span using this technique. Good lift

That's strange, as when I tucked my pinky back I felt like my hand was further away from the blob than I could have been. Or did ya just mean the index finger being on the side?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tycoon said:

My apologies if this is posted in the wrong place, but I thought I'd share this.  I took a crack at a half 95 lift, using only my middle and ring finger. My index finger probably helped a bit, as I couldn't tuck it back as far as my little finger without distancing my hand from the blob. So it's more like 2.5 fingers and a thumb... 

sheesh, Didn't think I'd need a whole paragraph explaining a lift...

Well done. My 95 pounds blob is harder than my blob50. And you did it with two fingers. I bet you can lift a next gen blob with all fingers. Fatman is harder yes. But this is assuming your 95 is same as my 95. Well done on the outstanding lift. You are a blobber now haha.

3 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

Hmmm I don't recall seeing Juha in any video or in person lifting like Tycoon whats your name btw?). He uses three fingers not two. And you're right, he lifts them like this because it suits his hands more as he told me he can dig deeper into blobs. That's how Morgan Chaoi did his blob lift in Juha's presence. But it wasn't two fingers lift as that is way harder. Here is one of his double fatman blob lift at my place.

and here is Morgans attempt

That style seems better for some. But it is not what Tycoon did. Tycoon did it with two fingers and the pinkie will just get in the way and you can't get deeper.

1 hour ago, Tycoon said:

That's strange, as when I tucked my pinky back I felt like my hand was further away from the blob than I could have been. Or did ya just mean the index finger being on the side?

You are correct. See my response. Luke thought you are using three fingers perhaps. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Hmmm I don't recall seeing Juha in any video or in person lifting like Tycoon whats your name btw?). 

Oh, thanks for clearing that up! My name is Brandon Brahler btw. (I go by my last name, which is pronounced "Brawler")

3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Here

Looks like I have a goal :)

interesting how he puts his middle finger on the handle side, I'll give that a shot!

2 hours ago, Tycoon said:

Looks like I have a goal :)

interesting how he puts his middle finger on the handle side, I'll give that a shot!

The handle side is more rounded on the next gens and fatmans.  Fingers on that side make it easier.  Looked like you did yours the hard way. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Hope you succeed with that and the 3.5 cert in the near future. 

Have you altered your training in some way in the pursuit of the 3.5 or is it the same from when you worked towards the 3? 

I'm training the same dumb way that I did for the 3. I'm about to make the first step for closing the 3.5 in the next week. If all goes well I'll have the handles click nicely, and I'll just have to widen my set a slight bit for the cert.

Edited by Tycoon

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

The handle side is more rounded on the next gens and fatmans.  Fingers on that side make it easier.  Looked like you did yours the hard way. 

I thought the difference was less pronounced, if there at all, on the next gens? At least that's what was posted here at some point.

9 hours ago, DAVE101 said:

I thought the difference was less pronounced, if there at all, on the next gens? At least that's what was posted here at some point.

It is definitely more rounded on handle side of next gens.  It's not quite as pronounced as the fatman, but it is more rounded.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

It is definitely more rounded on handle side of next gens.  It's not quite as pronounced as the fatman, but it is more rounded.  

Yep

5 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

As someone who recently lifted both with thumb on the handle side, I can confirm this. Backwards (thumb on handle) fatman is slightly harder than a normal fatman lift. Backwards next gen is considerably harder than a normal next gen lift. But backwards fatman is still harder than backwards next gen imo

On 12/23/2019 at 10:36 AM, Alawadhi said:

Well done. My 95 pounds blob is harder than my blob50. And you did it with two fingers. I bet you can lift a next gen blob with all fingers. Fatman is harder yes. But this is assuming your 95 is same as my 95. Well done on the outstanding lift. You are a blobber now haha.

Hmmm I don't recall seeing Juha in any video or in person lifting like Tycoon whats your name btw?). He uses three fingers not two. And you're right, he lifts them like this because it suits his hands more as he told me he can dig deeper into blobs. That's how Morgan Chaoi did his blob lift in Juha's presence. But it wasn't two fingers lift as that is way harder. Here is one of his double fatman blob lift at my place.

and here is Morgans attempt

That style seems better for some. But it is not what Tycoon did. Tycoon did it with two fingers and the pinkie will just get in the way and you can't get deeper.

You are correct. See my response. Luke thought you are using three fingers perhaps. 

No just explaining the index finger on top technique...wasnt comparing number of finger; putting the index on top allows wider spread for some people. I personally hate it because while you get better spread it takes more of the wrist out of it. 

On 12/23/2019 at 9:08 AM, Tycoon said:

index on the side....pinky very little on blobs it is middle and ring finger doing most of the work no matter how you grab a blob. When lifting hex blocks the easiest way to lift them involves immediately taking the pinky off the block and using thumb and first three fingers. 

Edited by Lucasraymond

On 12/23/2019 at 1:42 PM, Hopefully said:

Here

I wouldnt consider that a true one finger because the index is still making contact despite not doing a lot

1 hour ago, Lucasraymond said:

No just explaining the index finger on top technique...wasnt comparing number of finger; putting the index on top allows wider spread for some people. I personally hate it because while you get better spread it takes more of the wrist out of it. 

Well the pinkie will take lots of the spread out of the equation. Either ways, it is much harder than all four fingers.

1 hour ago, Lucasraymond said:

I wouldnt consider that a true one finger because the index is still making contact despite not doing a lot

Yes might help the 1 to 2 % if pushing towards the sides helps. I don't know as I haven't lifted it with one finger. Just cleaned a blob with two fingers. But is he the only one in the world to lift a blob with one finger? I can't imagine anyone in the world lifting the blob with the index and a thumb. That's way harder because of less leverage too.

5 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Well the pinkie will take lots of the spread out of the equation. Either ways, it is much harder than all four fingers.

Yes might help the 1 to 2 % if pushing towards the sides helps. I don't know as I haven't lifted it with one finger. Just cleaned a blob with two fingers. But is he the only one in the world to lift a blob with one finger? I can't imagine anyone in the world lifting the blob with the index and a thumb. That's way harder because of less leverage too.

I'm attempting to do only index and thumb and also do a curl with thumb, index and middle but that is insanely hard. 

On 12/26/2019 at 1:38 PM, Lucasraymond said:

I'm attempting to do only index and thumb and also do a curl with thumb, index and middle but that is insanely hard. 

I would say I'd race ya to it, but I dont exactly have a half 100 fatman blob, nor do I think I have a chance in hell to actually give you a run for your money! Keep us updated!

3 hours ago, Tycoon said:

I would say I'd race ya to it, but I dont exactly have a half 100 fatman blob

Pretty sure he meant with next gen blob, but you can still use a fatman.

12 hours ago, Tycoon said:

I would say I'd race ya to it, but I dont exactly have a half 100 fatman blob, nor do I think I have a chance in hell to actually give you a run for your money! Keep us updated!

Its not a fatman...im using a next gen blob