Plate curl from bottom position on arm wrestling table

Never thought to try it this way until recently . There is no way to use momentum in this position. This is a 35 pound plate. For reference, I can do 35 pounds in the position for 10 reps with a 25 and 10 sandwiched together for the same exercise. Amazing how much difficulty increases with the size of the plate. The fact that the plate hangs down off the edge of the table made it even harder IMO then if it was flat on the table. 

Edited by Guest

Easy!

Looking strong. That must be a lot of pressure on the bicep tendon on the table. I love plate curls My wrist strength has shot up since doing them.

Just now, mcalpine1986 said:

Looking strong. That must be a lot of pressure on the bicep tendon on the table. I love plate curls My wrist strength has shot up since doing them.

Thanks. No I don’t feel it in my biceps too much. They are really strong. I feel it mostly in my fingers.

12 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

Nice lift! Great idea! Watch out for that tongue!

Haha I’ve done that deadlifting 730 pounds as well. It’s been my facial expression since day one. No issues yet. 🤪

10 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Haha I’ve done that deadlifting 730 pounds as well. It’s been my facial expression since day one. No issues yet. 🤪

Wow, have you deadlifted 730 pounds?!

Edited by Lennix

11 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Wow, have you deadlifted 730 pounds?!

Yes. Before back and neck surgery I was a powerlifting enthusiast. Actually deadlifted 700 as a teen. Never used a strap in my life so grip comes naturally. Didn’t do anything but pull ups and push ups from 2005 until I found grip a few years ago and most of my strength was still there grip wise. Biggest thing one can do for the grip is never use straps. 2005 was the last time I did a heavy deadlift and it was with herniated discs. Got 630 in a comp after not having trained it for a very long time. Deadlift was my jam.

Edited by Guest