Colorful grippers

devinhoo

The other day Grip Genie re-released one of their grippers in a special edition pink, which lead to a discussion on the OK Discord about different colored grippers. I know Robert Baraban had their Spectrum series, and Gods of Grip (in the UK) has a few colors, but is anyone else making different colored grippers? I know most grippers like CoC, GHP, HG, and SILARUKOV are silver... which leads to a less than exciting looking wall of grippers.

32 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

The other day Grip Genie re-released one of their grippers in a special edition pink, which lead to a discussion on the OK Discord about different colored grippers. I know Robert Baraban had their Spectrum series, and Gods of Grip (in the UK) has a few colors, but is anyone else making different colored grippers? I know most grippers like CoC, GHP, HG, and SILARUKOV are silver... which leads to a less than exciting looking wall of grippers.

Jujimufu grippers are different color from advancement  from gripper to gripper .

36 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

I've never tried a Gods of Grip gripper.  I see from the site that they "rate" them with numbers that are obviously not RGC.  Anyone know what the 300 lbs. one (Hades) compares to?

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Jujimufu grippers are different color from advancement  from gripper to gripper .

Yeah I was leaning towards getting some of those too. I didn't hear great things about their first set of grippers, but their "V2" series has had better reviews. If I get a chance to try them in person I might consider them then.

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I've never tried a Gods of Grip gripper.  I see from the site that they "rate" them with numbers that are obviously not RGC.  Anyone know what the 300 lbs. one (Hades) compares to?

I imagine it's the same rating scale as the Heavy Grips, where the "300 lb" level is close to a CoC3. From what I understand that's how the Jujimufu/Grip Genie grippers have been rating as well. Probably the same springs.

In addition to the Junior GHP grippers there are some anodized standard ones out there too. I believe I have seen green and red. 

Ironmind has the black left-turns of course. 

Silvis monster hunter had that wild Mtn Dew color. 

Any anodized handle with knurling is kind of a nightmare to stock. They get scuffed so easily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

From what I've seen of Grip Genie grippers and of cheap grippers for sale in China, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between them. Take the crap springs with crazy spring set depths and give it a rainbow handle, then sell it for the same price as one of the more quality grippers we all know and love. meh

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, yidmaster said:

From what I've seen of Grip Genie grippers and of cheap grippers for sale in China, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between them. Take the crap springs with crazy spring set depths and give it a rainbow handle, then sell it for the same price as one of the more quality grippers we all know and love. meh

Exactly my thoughts. I hope GHP will release blue and gold color grippers as well. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 9:54 AM, Fist of Fury said:

Zoeun has their "Rainbow" grippers.

I’ve never heard of that brand. Found this Korean website though. Not sure how I would order them though

It looks like these are the same ones, use a few of the same pictures even. Now those are some colors! Their “ratings” actually match up pretty close to the CoC range too, so I wonder if those are actually close to their RGC.

Edit: found these discussions of what I think is this same brand.

Edited by devinhoo

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 12:52 PM, yidmaster said:

It is how business works in fact. You can get in touch with chinese manufacturers in websites like Alibaba, buy high volumes of springs and customized handles at very low prices per piece and then sell your hand grippers at higher prices in your own domestic market (not ignoring either that the market price has to compensate among other things logistics and marketing efforts).

Anyway, looks like Tom and Juji have been putting more pressure on their providers, as the reviews of their hand grippers have been improving in the last months.

Edited by nimar1994

17 minutes ago, nimar1994 said:

It is how business works in fact. You can get in touch with chinese manufacturers websites like Alibaba, buy high volumes of springs and customized handles at very low prices per piece and then sell your hand grippers at higher prices in your own domestic market (not ignoring either that the market price has to compensate among other things logistics and marketing efforts).

Anyway, looks like Tom and Juji have been putting more pressure on their providers, as the reviews of their hand grippers have been improving in the last months.

Or you can just build your own stuff and make a business out of that.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 11:16 AM, Fist of Fury said:

Or you can just build your own stuff and make a business out of that.

Not a bad Idea, I've also "manufactured" my own hand grippers (recycled the handles of some generic chinese hand grippers, replaced the spring by an own one). The only problem is that the final price of the product would be considerably higher for GG if they did so.

Edited by nimar1994

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 7:57 AM, nimar1994 said:

I will say that the quality of Grip Genie stuff I've seen come through Rate-and-Return has improved drastically.  Springs have tight wind, knurling is improved and the color still seems very durable. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Cannon said:

I will say that the quality of Grip Genie stuff I've seen come through Rate-and-Return has improved drastically.  Springs have tight wind, knurling is improved and the color still seems very durable. 

That's great; glad to hear that Tom and Juji have been paying attention to the reviews in order to deliver a better product. What do you think about the springs? Do you think GG springs today are good enough to keep the gripper's rating on the same level after a couple of months of use (as COC, GHP, FOH and other grippers usually do)? or at the moment they still describe the same patron as HG springs, being firm at the beginning and loosing most of its resistance after closing them a couple of times? Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

They are right turn now also instead of left turn? That's the main reason I never bought any

I talked to someone from their company and yes, they are all right turn. The pictures on their website for the gripper sets are wrong (i.e. pictures of their V1 grippers), but all of their V2 grippers are right turn.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 12:32 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

Would something cerakote ruin a Gripper? I want an all black GHP Level 10, and no one makes one

27 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Would something cerakote ruin a Gripper? I want an all black GHP Level 10, and no one makes one

They are aluminum so if you want it black you can just anodize it. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:57 PM, nimar1994 said:

It is how business works in fact. You can get in touch with chinese manufacturers in websites like Alibaba, buy high volumes of springs and customized handles at very low prices per piece and then sell your hand grippers at higher prices in your own domestic market (not ignoring either that the market price has to compensate among other things logistics and marketing efforts).

Sure. See the opportunity to sell something at $25 that you pay only $2 for in Chinese parts, and then market it alongside well established, quality products as if they were the same. That's how business works, but it'll still bother me sometimes.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 12:24 PM, yidmaster said:

Sure. See the opportunity to sell something at $25 that you pay only $2 for in Chinese parts, and then market it alongside well established, quality products as if they were the same. That's how business works, but it'll still bother me sometimes.

You're probably exaggerating for effect, but you are awfully uninformed here.

7 hours ago, Cannon said:

You're probably exaggerating for effect, but you are awfully uninformed here.

well, in fact it's more than 2USD per unit, considering marketing effort and logistics need to be considered. Just also came to remember that the handles could be manufactured at the US, may be that also inflates the cost per unit. 

Edited by nimar1994

I imagine there isn't much of a profit margin, otherwise more people would do it and continue to do it. @Andrew P is one of the few people I know of who was making and selling grippers in house (outside of the big companies like IronMind, Gillingham HP, and Heavy Grips) and he isn't doing it anymore. I don't know if Robert Baraban was ever on the grip board, but he would be a good resource too.