Gripedo

Leozinho

This showed up on my IG feed. I searched and didn’t find any discussion here.

gripedo.com

Pretty clever, but I don’t think I’ll be getting one.

Seems mostly to be marketing to athletes, especially baseball. 

Jedd received one for free and he uses it for his high school athletes but doubt he would have bought it if he had to pay for it 

• Like 2

I’ve seen this thing all over IG and such but I just looked up the price.....yikes 

i don’t think it’s a terrible idea. It seems like it can do several things but I don’t think anyone on here would buy one with all of the other options available 

Edited by FrankSobotka

34 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

I’ve seen this thing all over IG and such but I just looked up the price.....yikes 

i don’t think it’s a terrible idea. It seems like it can do several things but I don’t think anyone on here would buy one with all of the other options available 

Something that can be made easy. 

How would you easily make it? I think it's just simple enough to be cheap to manufacture, but complicated enough that it isn't easy to replicate (unless you can source the sphere,and weld it yourself.)

It's a good idea, but high volume / "pump" / burnout type work is not really my thing so not really interested.

43 minutes ago, wobbler said:

How would you easily make it? I think it's just simple enough to be cheap to manufacture, but complicated enough that it isn't easy to replicate (unless you can source the sphere,and weld it yourself.)

It's a good idea, but high volume / "pump" / burnout type work is not really my thing so not really interested.

A welder friend can easily slap it together. It’s not a complicated thing, if one can weld. You can even buy screw together pipe to get creative with it. It’s a simple device.  The hardest part would to be finding the sphere part, but that can be improvised with other things.

Edited by Guest

The fins would have to be welded, can't thread that together.

I suppose you could carve the whole thing out of a 4x4 if you really wanted, but I guess we just have different definitions of what is "easy" to make. There's more to it than a pinch block or a wrist wrench.

22 minutes ago, wobbler said:

The fins would have to be welded, can't thread that together.

I suppose you could carve the whole thing out of a 4x4 if you really wanted, but I guess we just have different definitions of what is "easy" to make. There's more to it than a pinch block or a wrist wrench.

Yes. Absolutely there is...