Sign in to follow this  
Jose Cabrera

Calling all Dads

Buccos1

Congratulations Jose!  I remember the whirlwind well.  From my experience, I made it the one priority of mine that was non-negotiable.  It definitely helps to have an encouraging spouse, but it is equally, if not more important to have a home gym with everything you need right there.  I used to put my oldest in a jumper when I was bending or doing grip-work.  This worked for a few years until my youngest would refuse to be in it longer than a few minutes.  At that point, I began taking steel and grippers to work and would get in a session whenever possible.  My wife would watch the kids when I used to lift, as my garage gym wasn't heated and the elements were usually too much to bring them outside.  Now, I can actually take my oldest into my gym when I'm going heavy and he'll hang out while I'm training.  My youngest isn't quite ready for that.  

Also, I remember how much of a boost getting 15-20 minutes of training helped mentally going through those nights of 1-2 hours of sleep.  

• Like 3

Jose Cabrera

Thank you all, I have some equipment at home. I feel much more confident now that I know you guys have done it. And Carl that boost is absolutely real, these girls are angels by day and monsters by night, pushups beat coffee any day dude!

• Like 1