Stirring the Pot... Vote: Does He or Doesn't He?

Ricochet

Watch the video link then... Vote: "Does He or Doesn't He?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Does He or Doesn't He?

• Hell no! He does not.
    • Hell yes! He does.

Worth the watch to see Carl pull 220kg with the County crush double Rolling handle! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

That's just click bait for the title so people watch the video.

I know... just was a fun way to introduce a rare grip related video.

To even suggest he has the "best" (I assume they mean strongest) grip in the world is ridiculous. He's not even in the top-10 in the US.

No disrespect meant, he's badass for sure!

On 12/8/2019 at 3:13 PM, Fist of Fury said:

To even suggest he has the "best" (I assume they mean strongest) grip in the world is ridiculous. He's not even in the top-10 in the US.

No disrespect meant, he's badass for sure!

Hes like 68-69yrs old. Bet hes #1 at that age.

10 hours ago, king crusher said:

Hes like 68-69yrs old. Bet hes #1 at that age.

Probably, not many people in that age competing. However I'm sure there's are people in that age that could beat him at certain implements, not at thick bar though :D

I would say Laine Snook is the strongest in the veteran class.

• Like 2

In thick bar, no matter the age, he is one of the best, no doubt. Not many people lift the inch for 10 minutes straight over and over. 

Edited by Guest

Also, a lot of people seem to downplay Odds ability for some reason. I don’t know why they do, but I would say he is the top 5-10 for thick bar anything, anywhere especially for stamina. I was blown away seeing him In person coming up and warming up with the max lifts on the country crush and rolling thunder as an exhibition  at a competition I was at....in street clothes and not warmed up. No matter what anyone says, the guy deserves the respect for his thick bar prowess, in my opinion. 

Edited by Guest

I watched the entire piece. Thought it was great. I was impressed by Mark Bell. After the Super-Tough Powerlifter Guys in the Westside Barbell movie, it was something to see a very polite and respectful Mark Bell. 

Thanks for finding that and putting up the link. 

Edited by Hubgeezer
Finished watching the podcast.
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 7:23 AM, Joseph Sullivan said:

I would say he is the top 5-10 for thick bar anything, anywhere especially for stamina. 

As far as thick bar goes, I am curious if there are 4 fellows who currently (not people out of it now like Mike Burke) who can outthick bar him. Start naming them. 

45 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

As far as thick bar goes, I am curious if there are 4 fellows who currently (not people out of it now like Mike Burke) who can outthick bar him. Start naming them. 

Are you talking competition lifts? Or just from what is shown in training? There aren’t many. And it depends on what thick bar devices we are talking... but here’s the possibilities....Laine Snook, Alexey , Luke “Blue mountain” Reynolds, Brian Shaw and Eddie Jo Williams off the top of my head without looking into it too much as possibles... The man(Odd) is definitely one of the best.

Edited by Guest