mcalpine1986

Your Favourite beers.

mcalpine1986

Im sure there will be plenty beer drinkers here on the grip board.

Personally I love german or belgian wheat beers like paulaner or Erdinger. 

I also love a good czech or german Pilsner, also Blonde beers like leffe.

Draught Guinness as well. Some pubs here in England do amazing Draught Guinness. 

What are some of your favourite beers?

Vinnie
12 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Im sure there will be plenty beer drinkers here on the grip board.

Personally I love german or belgian wheat beers like paulaner or Erdinger. 

I also love a good czech or german Pilsner, also Blonde beers like leffe.

Draught Guinness as well. Some pubs here in England do amazing Draught Guinness. 

What are some of your favourite beers?

Victory Golden Monkey and Twisted Monkey, Allegash White, Goose Island Matilda.

• Like 2

FrankSobotka

Any IPAs or doubles. Coffee and milk stouts. Lucky to have some of the best beer in the USA in New England 

Chez

I have celiac Disease (wheat gluten allergy) so I can only drink gluten free beer. My favorite is Glutenberg Indian Pale Ale. Drinking it as I type.  

• Like 1

mcalpine1986
14 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Victory Golden Monkey and Twisted Monkey, Allegash White, Goose Island Matilda.

Ive not heard of the first two but you can get goose island here so ill have to try it.

• Like 1

mcalpine1986
9 hours ago, FrankSobotka said:

Any IPAs or doubles. Coffee and milk stouts. Lucky to have some of the best beer in the USA in New England 

Not a fan of many ipas but I love a nice milk stout. Ive read New england is a good place for beer in the Usa.

mcalpine1986
9 hours ago, Chez said:

I have celiac Disease (wheat gluten allergy) so I can only drink gluten free beer. My favorite is Glutenberg Indian Pale Ale. Drinking it as I type.  

You should try drinking Lambic beer if you can get them where you live. They are normally made with wild yeasts and no wheat or similar grains.

Boulderbrew

Typically I gravitate towards sour beers and dry hopped IPA’s. Lone pint brewery, spindle tap brewery and celestial beer works for Dry hooped IPA’s,  and anything from Blue owl Brewery for sours 

mcalpine1986

Americans seem to love their IPAs. Over here there are tonnes of new craft brewed ones coming out all the time. I cant get away with them myself as i dont like anything too hoppy. I do like some sours though, There is a Cucumber sour beer i get sometimes what is odd but really nice and refreshing im the summer. 

Blacksmith513

Miller High Life, they go down so easy and fast, they should be illegal. I also like Guinness and whatever  Sam Adams is making.

I really enjoy my beer, but I've cut down.  

• Like 1

temmmeeee

Victory Golden Monkey if I'm feeling fancy and Budweiser if I just want something to sip on that goes down easy. 

• Like 1

Climber028

Tough one but I would have to go with polar bear, because I eat a lot of fish and enjoy the cold. 

• Haha 3

Boulderbrew
18 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Americans seem to love their IPAs. Over here there are tonnes of new craft brewed ones coming out all the time. I cant get away with them myself as i dont like anything too hoppy

I don’t like hoppy beer either (wet hopping) That’s why I prefer beers that focus more on the aromatic centered dry hop process. 

• Like 1

FrankSobotka
6 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I don’t like hoppy beer either (wet hopping) That’s why I prefer beers that focus more on the aromatic centered dry hop process. 

Nothing like a good aeromatic beer but I’ve had a couple that have been a let down taste wise, and that’s really the point. 

Anyone into ESBs? I love a good bitter beer but don’t know much about that style 

Aleksandar Milosevic

Beavertown / Boneyard Bloody Notorious is the best beer I've drank in my life, on tap, on a beer festival. I like Belgian style of beers like Orval and Chimay and IPAs, stouts not so much.

Cannon

Coors banquet

• Like 1

Daveyboy

Victoria Bitter, Pure Blonde, James Squire 150 Lashes. I enjoy most beer, but really don't like stouts.

Edited by Daveyboy

Boulderbrew

Found a tasty special release. Great dry hop example 

B5F8C561-1FE1-4FEC-98EF-64E4A151656A.jpeg

• Like 1

Tom Flesher

I’m a very ecumenical beer drinker but I’m a sucker for anything that’s been aged in oak. I particularly like unusual finishes like Victory’s White Monkey (golden monkey in chardonnay casks). I once had a delicious Cabernet aged pale ale at Upslope in Boulder, Colorado. 

Founders also makes a fantastic tequila-cask beer called, I think, Agave Maria. 

Tom Flesher
On 12/1/2019 at 4:22 PM, Cannon said:

Coors banquet

Get off my lawn

Vinnie
32 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

I’m a very ecumenical beer drinker but I’m a sucker for anything that’s been aged in oak. I particularly like unusual finishes like Victory’s White Monkey (golden monkey in chardonnay casks). I once had a delicious Cabernet aged pale ale at Upslope in Boulder, Colorado. 

Tom, I need to try that White Monkey!  I like Victory's other monkey beers.

• Like 1

FrankSobotka
33 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

Founders makes some awesome stuff. All day IPA is my summer go to (plus it’s cheap). Founders KBS and regular breakfast stouts are 2 of my favorites

• Like 1

gerryg

Tree House Brewing Company in Charlton MA and Two Weeks Notice Brewing Company in West Springfield MA are my current favorite beer makers,

• Like 1

Buccos1

Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA is my favorite all-around.  My wife bought me the 120 minute IPA which is done in small batches and it was phenomenal!  I could never get up to buying it for myself due to the price, but if you can find it, get it.  Definitely worth it.

I just got into drinking Russian imperial stouts too.  Always liked darker beers but these have been consistently good, when I can find it.

FrankSobotka
3 hours ago, gerryg said:

Tree House Brewing Company in Charlton MA and Two Weeks Notice Brewing Company in West Springfield MA are my current favorite beer makers,

My first TH experience was at the first Monson barn in 2014 probably. I remember waiting like 4 hours after work one day for a couple of growlers of Julius. None of us had eaten dinner so we were all starving. We ate the free peanuts and tostitos the whole time. So many memories. 

• Like 1