2003 September - Battle for Grip Supremacy - Rick Walker

Rick Walker

Just trying to defend you Rick. You stated way back your reasons for not posting a lot of pics or vids. A year later some people are asking for them. All very odd. :calm

Again, I am questioning your motives.

What is odd? The only still photos I have are still photos of the awards part. The reason is, I was far to busy loading, judging, and lifting to take any action still shots. No one else shot any still shots, so it isnt as if the pictures werent released...THERE AREN'T ANY.

Again, the video I have is hours of contest footage on VHS. I do not have the ability to make copies or get it out to the public, and I am not spending money on doing so.

Rick Walker :rock

It is odd that people are asking for vids and pics a year after the event. I reminded them of your reasons for the lack of such by quoting your year old post on the subject. I cannot be more plain. My motive is to defend you. I did not even start this.

As I do from time to time, I searched for this thread and read all about how the Robs, Steve, Dave, Tommy, etc., performed some world class feats. I have absolutely no doubt about anything that was claimed to have happened and consider it fact. My reason for bringing up the topic was to see if anything ever came of the video; if copies were available for sale, if it was online, or what. I hope me stirring up this thread didn't blow any fuses! :)

Respectfully,

"Good friends, good drink, and a whole lot of lifting"

Rick forgot good food. The amount of food prepared for BFGS was staggering! :bow:bow

Jon@han

The process of converting VHS to digital isn't all that complicated, but yes it does take time, and yes if you don't have the appropriate equipment it can cost a bit.

Maybe there is a gripster in your area that is a bit more versed in that field and can help out, if you send him a copy of the VHS tape?

Just my 2 cents.

An offer has been made to me to turn BFGS into a dvd.

Keep your eyes and ears open, it will be available to the public in due time.

Rick Walker :rock

I didnt mean anything by my post as well. I was just interested in seeing some of the action if it was available and if not no big deal. It had nothing to do with me doubting anything that was done, I just figured it would be fun watching some of the guys to their thing. Was some of this directed my way?

Austin :rock

" hope Jedd and Smitty have 25 cameras, cause if you dont, look at the bullshit you catch."

Rick, not picking on you here-

But the videotaping thing as a whole is what the board has wanted, rule #4 etc. For the most part, if it wasn't done on videotape it wasn't done.

This isn't a dig on you Rick, I am just wondering if any competition results are "valid" on the gripboard without a camera. I know I didn't and won't tape any of my contests, unless someone is gonna do something amazing then I might throw it on video with my shitty digital camera. Otherwise, basically it's my word that shit went down like I said it did.

"There might be a camera there, and there might not be. I am not dwelling over that shit. If people knew half of the things that went on yesterday at the grip get together there would be a lot of haters and a lot of people not believing us. So be it. "

Again though, this is what the board seems to favor from the admin on down. May be right or may be wrong, but that is how shit is done here. No need to get upset, you know how the board works. Plenty of people get their shit locked down, it happens. I closed the MM2 twice but didn't get the video right, shit happens and I won't whine, I'll just get stronger and take another shot

• 11 years later...

"Good work, bro.  Battle for Grip Supremacy was a HUGE milestone for Grip Sport, in my opinion."  - Jedd

Few people have read about this one.

@Jedd Johnson  Bumped this to the top for you and others.