Rick Walker

Thanks Rick for sharing with us all the event and the "Midnight Show"

Congrats to all !! :bow

Rob. W., Jedd and all who mashed all that damn hard grippers with ease :rock

Now they need to get certified!

Bicio :happy

Now they need to get certified!

Bicio

Why? They have very publicly demonstrated their ability to close a #3. Closing the #3 in a contest is way better than being certified by Ironmind. Certification is for us non-competitors.

First of all, I give God the glory and honor for what He has blessed me with. Thank you Jesus for the knowledge that I can do all things through you who has strengthen me and without you I am nothing.

Second, Rick and all those who brought this magnificient competition from a dream to life. True quality guys. A world class event!

Third, all my Brothers of grip you guys will be in my heart forever. Thank you for pulling the best out of each other. We are all stronger from this, more in mind and spirit than in flesh. I saw acts of kindness from all who were there. Keep sharing this with others and you will be blessed even more.

Fourth, All the sponsors. Without your love for this sport it would have never happen. May God bless you 7 fold for what you gave. I know He will! It is His word!

Predictions for next year! I was thinking to myself, "If this happened this year, all the PR then what will happen next year? Wow! And if the people show up whos names were dropped. What won the events will be opening weights! It will truely be the comp. that the world of grip has been waiting on. World Championship of Grip Strengthen. Closing the 4 for time, cutting the red down, 200 opener for pinch, loadable inch at 200# opener, 90sec hold might place." I am a dreamer this is true, but I know one thing these # are very possible. Dream big and train big and you will reach your big goals.

Bender53,

Was that your best effort to date with the Red? Also, did you hold back from crushing it down, to save some strength for the rest of the contest?

I am also interested in what techniques you and the other guys who manged bends of the Red used.

Thanks, and congratulations on your victory!

Robert

Harlan, Gazza,

We have Rob's Rafter jump on tape!!!

Jedd and I will cut it up and send it to Wannagrip

My lifts were kind of low, but I was happy with getting a credit card away from the PDA 387, and bend of the blue nail

RSW, I was very tired. It was 6 hours and about 30 mins. into the comp.. I was dogged. Just tried it for fun playing around with Dave Morton. I had already bent blue, 5.5 blue, 5.25 blue, 5 blue, 4.75 blue, 4.5 blue PR, 4.25 blue PR, then Red. One thing you will learn about me, I do not hold back. God blessed me with one more bend. I tried my best that's all I can do. It will fall. Then I can start cutting pieces off of it. HEHEHE :D

Thanks Bender53,

It sounds like you could easily finish off a Red if you did it fresh. TWO PR's and then you attempt the Red!

Yield strength of Nail's

According to Terry Duty's measurements, the 4.25" Blue bend is harder than the Red !

Robert

Edited by RSW

Why?  They have very publicly demonstrated their ability to close a #3. Closing

the #3 in a contest is way better than being certified by Ironmind.

Sorry RSW, Maybe my english is worst than my grip :blush

For me the cert. is like an "official" way to test the grip strength but if

someone compete at that awesome level it's also for me a better way to demonstrate their crushing grip! :bow

Bye :D

Congrats to all! I wish I could have watched it live. I think everything was impressive. The rafter jump blows my mind. As to most of it I just don't have a scale in my head it's so far above what I can do. :blink I'll be getting the prize package together for next year! ;)

FAT BASTARD BARBELL CO

Rick, will you be submitting a full coverage report of your contest to Milo? If the Battle for Grip Supremacy, with it's sensational depth of competition doesn't deserve a couple of pages in Milo, what does? If, and that's a big if, I can somehow secure the funds and the domestic boss's consent, perhaps I'll head north next year and show you how it's done! Of course, the first part of the last statement has more of a basis in reality. :laugh

• 10 months later...

I know this thread is WAY old, but was the tape of this contest ever release on the net or on video somewhere? I would love to see whatever ya got!

I dont remember ever seeing any pics or video of this contest either and would love to see something as well.

Austin

I know what you guys mean. All the hype and what not and then about ten pics of the contestants and some of Rick with the top finishers. All this talk about every attempt being videoed and yet not a single video has been posted. Quite a let down if you ask me.

"He said at the time that he was guarding his grip contest format from possible imitators. "

I hope that's not true, it's not like there is enough of us doing this shit to really matter. We could all standf top klearn a thing or two.

Give me a Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing break!

First off, I didnt video tape it, therefore, I had no access to the actuall video tape.

The people who did video tape it were kind enough to give me a copy via a VHS tape. I do not have the technology to put video on the computer, and as far as I know, no one has the technology to put VHS on the computer. Bill has told me many times to not send him VHS cause he cant do it. I have no idea where the actual cassette is, and I have no way to copy the VHS tape myself.

If it bothers everyone so damn much, then the contest never even happened. We lied about everything. The Vigeants are fake. Big Steve is a fraud.

It was my contest to do with what I please. I chose not to take the time to try and release video. I have not heard any contestants piss and moan about it.

I hope Jedd and Smitty have 25 cameras, cause if you dont, look at the bullshit you catch.

And I hope you have plenty of help. I ran this thing basically by myseld aside from a loader and a score keeper. I had no one to take still photos, or video tape. Individual competitors actually taped it between their lifts.

Regardless, I dont need this bullshit. I have a VHS tape. You want to see it? Come to my house, we will sit down, have a beer, and watch it.

Rick Walker :rock

The people who did video tape it were kind enough to give me a copy via a VHS tape.  I do not have the technology to put video on the computer, and as far as I know, no one has the technology to put VHS on the computer.  Bill has told me many times to not send him VHS cause he cant do it.  I have no idea where the actual cassette is, and I have no way to copy the VHS tape myself.

Only an FYI, Steve's DVD is from a VHS tape, that is why the video quality on it isnt perfect. You have to capture the the analog stream and digitze it. Then render a DVD. It is a time consuming process but very possible.

As to whether or not these things happened, I dont think anyone questions that I just think people want to see the amazing stuff that occured.

Greg

Edited by gamidon

My memory is good!

"copyright issues.

Since this is going to become a big thing, I dont need some yahoo starting his own BFGS.

I have the video-I just have not had time to make copies.

Rick Walker"

I am not sure if this is your attempt to run my name through the dirt or what, but, I never denied that I wanted to copyright it.

Some important people who's opinions I trust advised me that if I was going to have a yearly event, I might want to copyright the name of the event...not the event itself. Just the name. If that makes me selfish, then SO BE IT.

I love grip get togethers, and I love competitions, however, the bullshit that comes along with it is not worth my time. I will have another BFGS. It will be low key with no board notice and no advertising. It will be invite only and it will be a small gathering of super strong grip guys and friends I have made along the way. Good friends, good drink, and a whole lot of lifting.

There might be a camera there, and there might not be. I am not dwelling over that shit. If people knew half of the things that went on yesterday at the grip get together there would be a lot of haters and a lot of people not believing us. So be it.

Rick Walker :rock