First COC #3.5 close Since Hand Surgery (2/22/19)

Chez

Many of you know I completely ruptured my A2 Pulley on my Right Ring Finger Back in November 2018. I had Surgery to repair it February 22nd because it totally tore off the bone and there was no chance of it healing on its own. I only started training grippers again a couple months ago. Today was just my 9th gripper session back. Luckily I found an amazing hand doctor in NYC and my recovery is going incredibly fast. My goal today was to close a COC #3.5 MMS for the first time since surgery. Its a lighter one at 172 lb RGC but I completely blew that goal out of the water today and closed it for 4 straight singles with a paused set like it was nothing. I could have done more but I decided to stop there. When the injury happened, I thought I had no chance to ever close the MM8. Just really happy right now and feel super lucky. My goal is to come back stronger than ever and I am super confident that will happen now. whatever adversity you face in training, try and stay positive and keep fighting. Here is the first close from today: 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 11

Very impressive Chez🦁🦁🦁 You are resilient warrior big man!! 

• Thanks 1

That is awesome.I know what it is like,  I sprained a tendon or ligament in my thumb a few years back, really bad, but not as bad as you. I only went to the Drs when it initially happened. Talk about pain and I'm very stubborn and didn't want to go back to the doctors and go through PT. It took 2-3 years to heal and I never thought it would,. But I was determined to get better and I did, with stretching and yoga and self massaging. 

Keep it up, and you know more than me, obviously, but don't push it yet.

• Thanks 1

I guess you won't be needing my 171 then lol.  Which I use for silver bullet ...

Nice work man, welcome back!

• Thanks 1

It seemed much, much more difficult for you to get the camera to focus on the handles than to close the 3.5 ...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

It seemed much, much more difficult for you to get the camera to focus on the handles than to close the 3.5 ...

Haha. Ya, I forgot my better camera at home so I had to use my phone. It was frustrating