A new standard of strict - can you do this?

AdamTGlass

35 lb plate from one hand hang- can you do this? I believe a curl from a hang is a higher level of strict from the shoulders on the wall test 

edit: body weight 209 lb 

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 14

Excellent display of wrist and thumb strength but I could easily see this video making it's way onto a gym fails type thing lmao

• Like 2

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Excellent display of wrist and thumb strength but I could easily see this video making it's way onto a gym fails type thing lmao

Word to that - like because y’all are too fat to hang or too weak to curl? 

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Maybe just because those limp wrist keyboard warriors aren’t accustomed to seeing real strength. Do they even have Olympic weights at planet fitness? Crazy strong Adam! 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

35 lb plate from one hand hang- can you do this? I believe a curl from a hang is a higher level of strict from the shoulders on the wall test 

edit: body weight 209 lb 

Supreme wrist strength and endurance! 

Yes Adam it's easy I can do it...........with a 25LB :D Not sure while hanging with one arm though LOL

• Haha 1

Did 3 sets of 3 at 270 bodyweight from a 2 inch bar 35 pound plate.

hardest part was not having done plate curls in a good part of a year so I am a little rusty and not having my body twist in the rack at 6’4. There was not much room for this. Would be better off on a long bar at a cross fit gym or something. Form police stay back! 🤪 I have never tried anything like this hanging with one hand from a bar.... at 270 no matter.

Edited by Guest

I think that’s awesome Joe 💪💪💪💪💪

9 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Did 3 sets of 3 at 270 bodyweight from a 2 inch bar 35 pound plate.

hardest part was not having done plate curls in a good part of a year so I am a little rusty and not having my body twist in the rack at 6’4. There was not much room for this. Would be better off on a long bar at a cross fit gym or something. Form police stay back! 🤪 I have never tried anything like this hanging with one hand from a bar.... at 270 no matter.

I'm impressed! that's solid, Joe!

3 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I'm impressed! that's solid, Joe!

Thanks, Tanner. This was interesting and I’ve never thought to do this before seeing Adam do it. Would have done a lot better with a taller and wider rack.  

11 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Thanks, Tanner. This was interesting and I’ve never thought to do this before seeing Adam do it. Would have done a lot better with a taller and wider rack.  

^^ Sounds like Momma Sully has her Christmas lined out with that one....a Sorinex rack would be a cornerstone addition 🤔🤔🤔🤔

55 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

^^ Sounds like Momma Sully has her Christmas lined out with that one....a Sorinex rack would be a cornerstone addition 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Haha, my wife would love that.....

• 2 weeks later...

Turn the pressure up by hanging from a blue Fatgripz DOH....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

Turn the pressure up by hanging from a blue Fatgripz DOH...

...and with crushed glass shards and rusty nail shavings glued on 😋 

• Haha 1

Figured I would try it with a blob, did a double RH full hand and a single without my pinky

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s SOLID!!! 👍👍👍

Thanks brother!! Hardest part is stopping body rotation. Here is another one! 

• Like 2

If you push your feet out in front of your body it will help keep you from rotating. Not all the way out in front, just slightly forward of your body. 

3 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Thanks brother!! Hardest part is stopping body rotation. Here is another one! 

Yes man!!! I could not stop the twist of my body when doing it!! So hard to counter once you curl. Great job!!

21 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

If you push your feet out in front of your body it will help keep you from rotating. Not all the way out in front, just slightly forward of your body. 

I would need a 10 foot tall bar to do that... haha, my knees almost touch the floor on My bar when they are bent in flexion for my bar work. High class problems being tall.

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I would need a 10 foot tall bar to do that... haha, my knees almost touch the floor on My bar when they are bent in flexion for my bar work. High class problems being tall.

I think in your case it might be wrist stability. Have you ever tried something called a sledge hammer? They're great for building wrist strength. 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Climber028 said:

I think in your case it might be wrist stability. Have you ever tried something called a sledge hammer? They're great for building wrist strength. 😉

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Climber028 said:

I’ve actually been meaning to get my hands on one of them contraptions! Know anyone who is good at them I can get some tips from? 🤪