Jump to content
AdamTGlass

A new standard of strict - can you do this?

Recommended Posts

AdamTGlass

35 lb plate from one hand hang- can you do this? I believe a curl from a hang is a higher level of strict from the shoulders on the wall test 

edit: body weight 209 lb 

 

 

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
king crusher

Excellent display of wrist and thumb strength but I could easily see this video making it's way onto a gym fails type thing lmao

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamTGlass
1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Excellent display of wrist and thumb strength but I could easily see this video making it's way onto a gym fails type thing lmao

Word to that - like because y’all are too fat to hang or too weak to curl? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boulderbrew
1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Excellent display of wrist and thumb strength but I could easily see this video making it's way onto a gym fails type thing lmao

Maybe just because those limp wrist keyboard warriors aren’t accustomed to seeing real strength. Do they even have Olympic weights at planet fitness? Crazy strong Adam! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paul valpreda

Fantastic!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
13 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

35 lb plate from one hand hang- can you do this? I believe a curl from a hang is a higher level of strict from the shoulders on the wall test 

edit: body weight 209 lb 

 

 

Supreme wrist strength and endurance! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi

Yes Adam it's easy I can do it...........with a 25LB :D Not sure while hanging with one arm though LOL

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan

Did 3 sets of 3 at 270 bodyweight from a 2 inch bar 35 pound plate.

hardest part was not having done plate curls in a good part of a year so I am a little rusty and not having my body twist in the rack at 6’4. There was not much room for this. Would be better off on a long bar at a cross fit gym or something. Form police stay back! 🤪 I have never tried anything like this hanging with one hand from a bar.... at 270 no matter.

 

Edited by Joseph Sullivan
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamTGlass

I think that’s awesome Joe 💪💪💪💪💪

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boulderbrew
9 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Did 3 sets of 3 at 270 bodyweight from a 2 inch bar 35 pound plate.

hardest part was not having done plate curls in a good part of a year so I am a little rusty and not having my body twist in the rack at 6’4. There was not much room for this. Would be better off on a long bar at a cross fit gym or something. Form police stay back! 🤪 I have never tried anything like this hanging with one hand from a bar.... at 270 no matter.

 

I'm impressed! that's solid, Joe!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
3 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I'm impressed! that's solid, Joe!

Thanks, Tanner. This was interesting and I’ve never thought to do this before seeing Adam do it. Would have done a lot better with a taller and wider rack.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamTGlass
11 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Thanks, Tanner. This was interesting and I’ve never thought to do this before seeing Adam do it. Would have done a lot better with a taller and wider rack.  

^^ Sounds like Momma Sully has her Christmas lined out with that one....a Sorinex rack would be a cornerstone addition 🤔🤔🤔🤔

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
55 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

^^ Sounds like Momma Sully has her Christmas lined out with that one....a Sorinex rack would be a cornerstone addition 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Haha, my wife would love that.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamTGlass

Turn the pressure up by hanging from a blue Fatgripz DOH....

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet
1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

Turn the pressure up by hanging from a blue Fatgripz DOH...

...and with crushed glass shards and rusty nail shavings glued on 😋 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucasraymond

Figured I would try it with a blob, did a double RH full hand and a single without my pinky

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
1 hour ago, Lucasraymond said:

Figured I would try it with a blob, did a double RH full hand and a single without my pinky

That’s SOLID!!! 👍👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucasraymond
1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s SOLID!!! 👍👍👍

Thanks brother!! Hardest part is stopping body rotation. Here is another one! 
 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Climber028

If you push your feet out in front of your body it will help keep you from rotating. Not all the way out in front, just slightly forward of your body. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
3 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Thanks brother!! Hardest part is stopping body rotation. Here is another one! 
 

 

Yes man!!! I could not stop the twist of my body when doing it!! So hard to counter once you curl. Great job!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
21 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

If you push your feet out in front of your body it will help keep you from rotating. Not all the way out in front, just slightly forward of your body. 

I would need a 10 foot tall bar to do that... haha, my knees almost touch the floor on My bar when they are bent in flexion for my bar work. High class problems being tall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Climber028
3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I would need a 10 foot tall bar to do that... haha, my knees almost touch the floor on My bar when they are bent in flexion for my bar work. High class problems being tall.

I think in your case it might be wrist stability. Have you ever tried something called a sledge hammer? They're great for building wrist strength. 😉

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
1 minute ago, Climber028 said:

I think in your case it might be wrist stability. Have you ever tried something called a sledge hammer? They're great for building wrist strength. 😉

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
1 minute ago, Climber028 said:

I think in your case it might be wrist stability. Have you ever tried something called a sledge hammer? They're great for building wrist strength. 😉

I’ve actually been meaning to get my hands on one of them contraptions! Know anyone who is good at them I can get some tips from? 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Flesher

I assure you I cannot.

I’m not even sure why you’d ask me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.