Heavy Hammer II Leverage Bar

Sybersnott

Is anybody doing serious work with the HHII bar?  If so, what would be a good weight that would be impressive?  I've worked up to 30 pounds so far.... I don't know if that weight means anything.  Comments, please.

Guest Bobjodoin

It is hard to say. What I call "hammering the ceiling" is the one that allows the most poundage. 30 on that is heavy. Hammer curls at that weight would be huge. I should do more work with mine.

Bob

Guest Claemore70

I think I have made my own leverage bar- tell me if I have.  I took a dumbbell and duct taped one end for the handle.  Then I just put weights on the other end.  Normally,  I train with fifteen lbs, but have moved up to 20.  I do this with my forearm resting on my leg (while sitting), and move my wrist in a hammer type motion.  Is this basically the same as a leverage bar workout?  If not let me know how to do it.  Thanks

Guest Virgman

I've also been using an extra DB bar (about 15 inches) with a collar on one end with a plate sandwiched between it and another collar.

I rest my forearm on my knee and lower the weight forward and back, then to the left and back, and then to the right and back.

This is one rep.

But I only have a 5lb plate on it plus collars.  All told about ten pounds.  I do 5 sets of 5 reps.

For me it is difficult.