PSA: Titan 3” axle bar

FrankSobotka

Joe Sullivan
11 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Especially televisions! I look until I don’t see the warning then buy. But that’s not foolproof 

Anything man made it seems to be... 

WestSlope
17 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Especially televisions! I look until I don’t see the warning then buy. But that’s not foolproof 

Paint will probably have a P65 warning. The bedliner spray on your axle probably does. Raw steel might be okay unless it's been pickled.

Pass on corners, drink too much and sleep with strange. That way you won't have to worry about death by paint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Joe Sullivan
1 hour ago, WestSlope said:

Paint will probably have a P65 warning. The bedliner spray on your axle probably does. Raw steel might be okay unless it's been pickled.

Pass on corners, drink too much and sleep with strange. That way you won't have to worry about death by paint.

Yes it’s definitely the paint. Spray paints for sure. So whatever paint we use to hold chalk is suspect but what are ya gonna do? 

WestSlope
3 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Yes it’s definitely the paint. Spray paints for sure. So whatever paint we use to hold chalk is suspect but what are ya gonna do? 

My guess is that we are contacting the paint for such a short time that we are not is too much danger. Those that are applying it in their profession are certainly at risk.

• Like 1
Joe Sullivan
Just now, WestSlope said:

My guess is that we are contacting the paint for such a short time that we are not is too much danger. Those that are applying it in their profession are certainly at risk.

Totally... and wash hands after. The sweating while holding it with the pores open  may be a problem but who knows.... 

• Like 1
Climber028

Paint is much safer after it's cured, unless you burn or grind it up and breathe it you'll be fine. I wouldn't microwave food with it but have no worries about touching it for short periods. 

• Like 2
WestSlope
4 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Totally... and wash hands after. The sweating while holding it with the pores open  may be a problem but who knows.... 

That red pill blob comes to mind. Wasn't that staining people's hands. Nasty.

• Like 1
WestSlope
6 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Paint is much safer after it's cured, unless you burn or grind it up and breathe it you'll be fine. I wouldn't microwave food with it but have no worries about touching it for short periods. 

I was a construction foreman in the 90's in Jackson, Wyoming. The paint crews would spray the interiors with no glasses or masks because "those slow us down." When they walked out of the house the only unpainted surface on their faces was their eyes.

• Like 1
Joe Sullivan
3 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I was a construction foreman in the 90's in Jackson, Wyoming. The paint crews would spray the interiors with no glasses or masks because "those slow us down." When they walked out of the house the only unpainted surface on their faces was their eyes.

My grandfather was a painter and he used to bathe himself in turpentine to get paint off.... Needless to say he died of cancer from it.Needless to say he died of cancer from it.

slazbob

I was trying to buy a stainless fancy convection oven and that had the warning too ⚠️  

• Like 1
WestSlope
18 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

My grandfather was a painter and he used to bathe himself in turpentine to get paint off.... Needless to say he died of cancer from it.Needless to say he died of cancer from it.

Same end for my wife's father who was a house painter. He didn't see 50.

• Like 1