PSA: Titan 3” axle bar

FrankSobotka

4 hours ago, FrankSobotka said:

On sale now for $91 shipped. Have one and love it. 

https://www.titan.fitness/round-grip-string-bar/429991.html

That site has some good deals -- I am pretty sure that this is where I once got a pair of 2-inch v-bars with straps for $20 shipped.

I have no clue how this company makes a profit. The prices are insane. If I ever get the space for a home gym again, I'm picking up stuff from them. 

12 hours ago, Chez said:

I have no clue how this company makes a profit. The prices are insane. If I ever get the space for a home gym again, I'm picking up stuff from them. 

They must get the gear made in China. They sell alot of this stuff for less than the cost of the raw steel here in the US that the items are made with. Much less with welding, finishing, etc

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Did they purchase the rights to the Sorinex Pops gripper, or is this a complete ripoff of their intellectual property?

https://www.titan.fitness/vice-grip-trainer-|-band-and-plate-loadable/401012.html

I don't think the grip machine is patented, most grip tools aren't. 

30 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Did they purchase the rights to the Sorinex Pops gripper, or is this a complete ripoff of their intellectual property?

https://www.titan.fitness/vice-grip-trainer-|-band-and-plate-loadable/401012.html

The worst is that guy I think in Russia who just makes the same products as others and just paints it blue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chez said:

The worst is that guy I think in Russia who just makes the same products as others and just paints it blue. 

There's no such thing as an international patent. Shipping these things usually cost more than the product itself so it doesn't make sense to buy internationally. Especially for a low income country to buy from a high income country. 

1 hour ago, acorn said:

They must get the gear made in China. They sell alot of this stuff for less than the cost of the raw steel here in the US that the items are made with. Much less with welding, finishing, etc

I believe it is all made in China, and it is all very cheap.  For personal use, it will probably fine.  For commercial use, I couldn't recommend their products.  Alan Thrall got rid of all his Titan Squat racks because they weren't holding up.  I have no idea what kind of standards and guidelines China follows for welding, but I am sure they are not nearly as stringent as America's.  

With that said, not everyone has a lot of money to throw around for grip equipment.  So someone has to build "economy line" equipment.  

For the cheapest long run option, just buy a cheap stick welder off of Amazon and make your own stuff.  There are quite a few "I bought the cheapest welder on Amazon/Ebay" videos on Youtube, and many of them work quite well. 

Edited by Adam Juncker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's way too expensive, just make friends with a welder and always have a 6-pack on hand

• Like 1

LOL at thinking China cares about patents 

LOL at outfitting a commercial gym with Titan stuff 

I posted somewhere when I first got it but they even ripped the SKU off from Rogue. Rogues 3” axle is called the branch bar. When I got the box the SKU from Titan was literally “brnchbar” 

Edited by FrankSobotka
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankSobotka said:

LOL at thinking China cares about patents 

LOL at outfitting a commercial gym with Titan stuff 

I posted somewhere when I first got it but they even ripped the SKU off from Rogue. Rogues 3” axle is called the branch bar. When I got the box the SKU from Titan was literally “brnchbar” 

But they got your 91 dollars though, lol.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Climber028 said:

That's way too expensive, just make friends with a welder and always have a 6-pack on hand

https://www.amazon.com/Welding-Machine-Beginner-Equipment-Accessories/dp/B07N37YP3C/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=stick+welder&qid=1574169905&sr=8-4

Several years ago I carried a small one like this around in a factory to do scratch start tig.  Albeit, it was a Miller, it was the same IGBT technology.  

On 11/18/2019 at 12:53 PM, Adam Juncker said:

I believe it is all made in China, and it is all very cheap.  For personal use, it will probably fine.  For commercial use, I couldn't recommend their products.  Alan Thrall got rid of all his Titan Squat racks because they weren't holding up.  I have no idea what kind of standards and guidelines China follows for welding, but I am sure they are not nearly as stringent as America's.  

With that said, not everyone has a lot of money to throw around for grip equipment.  So someone has to build "economy line" equipment.  

For the cheapest long run option, just buy a cheap stick welder off of Amazon and make your own stuff.  There are quite a few "I bought the cheapest welder on Amazon/Ebay" videos on Youtube, and many of them work quite well. 

I can tell you their bars are on the money. Solid as a rock and I treat them  like they should be. They are used hard and the rolling handles are as solid as anything I have ever seen. I have the rolling handles, the 3 inch bar and a beam bar, and I think nothing outside of an explosion will put a dent in them. I can’t speak for anything other than these items, but they are as good if not better than most anything else I’ve ever used as far as being solid and the rolling handles are the heaviest and spin like a Mo Fo....Made in China or not, they do the job and at a price point that anyone can afford. I’m the first one to say “buy American”.... but the price is just too good to say no. The beauty of capitalism.

Edited by Guest

If you can buy a welder and learn to weld (its not that hard) there is nothing you can’t do.

Most of my gym I built myself.  And the best part you can build it to fit your needs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, 2sweetdadstrength said:

Titan's stuff is just fine for personal use.  I wouldn't buy their stuff for a commercial gym.

I just bought the  titan version of pops sorinex gripper . It is  the same exact thing only the basdids forgot to include the resistance bands.... well I called them, and they made it good by giving me double the bands... now that’s good Bidniss! I have Been very satisfied with the products and the customer service if a mistake is made. 

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread, but I was looking to get an axel bar and looked @ Titan Fitness and seen that proposition 65 or whatever it is in their description. Would that be the paint?

7 hours ago, slazbob said:

This is an old thread, but I was looking to get an axel bar and looked @ Titan Fitness and seen that proposition 65 or whatever it is in their description. Would that be the paint?

I would recommend Arm Assassin for an axle.

6 hours ago, gerryg said:

I would recommend Arm Assassin for an axle.

Yes, I buy most of my stuff off Luke...ordered his last Night 

2 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Drive a car? Sleep in a bed? Sit in a chair? All of these products have proposition 65 chemicals in them... just about everything in your home or workplace....

Especially televisions! I look until I don’t see the warning then buy. But that’s not foolproof 

Paint is much safer after it's cured, unless you burn or grind it up and breathe it you'll be fine. I wouldn't microwave food with it but have no worries about touching it for short periods.