Grip machine VS Grippers ?

Qaroh

17 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

It's after Thanksgiving. The results are inconclusive. I "think" there is improvement on grippers, can't say for certain. I am going to continue with the Go Really. I "test" myself every two weeks. I have not been consistent on my frequency. I think on the machine, you can use it more frequently than the grippers. Three times a week, seemed like I improved. One and one-half times, two, seemed like I was going backwards. It also seemed to work some tendons that the grippers don't. 

What exactly did you do for exercises? How did you incorporate it. I just ordered the Titan one that also has the joe Kinney secret weapon attachment ( the sorinex one they ripped off). For a little over 100 bucks shipped.  Seems like it would be nice for a few things including pinch work.

I am looking for gripper improvement, and used the Go Really Grip machine by IronMind exclusively. Go Really’s top bar, the bottom half of the bar is not round, it is flat, ala the Secret Weapon, so there a bit of the “beyond the range” action going on.

i asked an experienced ancient (1990’s vintage) Captain of Crush if he would recommend one hand or two hand overhand or underhand Grip and his answer was none of the above.

So I am straddling the bar grasping the bar with both hands, one in front of the other like you would be grasping a fire hose held in front of you, and alternating hand placement after 4-6 reps. Hence some tendons that I seemed to have overlooked the past 20 years are getting some work.

On 11/29/2019 at 12:43 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

What exactly did you do for exercises? How did you incorporate it. I just ordered the Titan one that also has the joe Kinney secret weapon attachment ( the sorinex one they ripped off). For a little over 100 bucks shipped.  Seems like it would be nice for a few things including pinch work.

That's the one I use. For climbing finger strength, I use both hands to raise it, and one hand to lower it eccentrically. That way I can use more weight. I also do one-handed isometric holds at top and bottom.

4 hours ago, Bob Callahan said:

That's the one I use. For climbing finger strength, I use both hands to raise it, and one hand to lower it eccentrically. That way I can use more weight. I also do one-handed isometric holds at top and bottom.

You like it? See any increase?

17 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You like it? See any increase?

I do. Of course the results are anecdotal and contaminated by the fact that I do other types of training including climbing.

8 minutes ago, Bob Callahan said:

I do. Of course the results are anecdotal and contaminated by the fact that I do other types of training including climbing.

Sure.... it’s all complimentary and hard to tell what is and what isn’t doing the job. It’s a cumulative process.

30 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Sure.... it’s all complimentary and hard to tell what is and what isn’t doing the job. It’s a cumulative process.

Train and hope. Truth is, very little is known about the best ways to train.

6 minutes ago, Bob Callahan said:

Train and hope. Truth is, very little is known about the best ways to train.

Trial and error is the only way I’ve found. What works for one may not work for the other. It’s definitely an art and not a science. Or maybe a little of both...