Canadian National Grip Sport Championships 2020 - Postponed

Shoggoth

Preliminary event info.

April 18, 2020 at Evolve North, Edmonton, Alberta.

This is the National Grip Sport Championships for Canada. This event has taken place in Ottawa over the past couple of years but has now come out west and we hope to make it a awesome event for everyone.

There are no prequalifying events to be able to enter. As the sport grows this may not always be the case.

Additional detail will be entered in the following weeks.

The events anticipated are:
1 - Two Hand Pinch Deadlift the 2" x 5" Saxon Bar - JS Made - 4 attempts to a 20” standard
2 - Double Overhand Axle Deadlift - Ironmind - GSI Ranked - 4 attempts - paused at the top
3 - Large Dinnie Ring Max Lift - No Hook - Killer Strength Scotland - 4 attempts - 6” lift to a standard
4 - One Hand Tips Tester - Barrel Strength Systems - GSI Ranked - 4 attempts - 6” standard (to confirm)

4 Attempts (not unlimited attempts within 60 seconds)

There is also a possibility that 2 Thomas Inch dumbbells will be available for challenging the farmers walk record.

Weight classes as per Canada Grip Sport
Men’s weight classes – 74 kg, 83 kg, 93kg, 105 kg and 105+kg, an open men's 50+ years class, and a women’s open class. However, competitors whose weight would place them in one of the other standard grip sport weight classes (59, 66, or 120 kg for men, and 47, 52, 57, 63, 72, or 84 kg for women) will have their performances tracked on the Grip Sport Ranking Lists on the North American Grip Sport Organization site.

Canadian National Grip Sport 2020.png

Edited by Shoggoth
Standards added
  • Like 4

Events look fun but I doubt I'll be able to get out to Edmonton this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Events look fun but I doubt I'll be able to get out to Edmonton this year.

Yeah, it’s a big country to have to cross. 

Nice beefy events!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Nice beefy events!

The bulk of the competitors I get are strongman athletes. These check a lot of boxes for them. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all. It's that time to start nailing everything down for shirts, prizes, etc. Please grab a competitor information form on the link attached, fill it out, and send it to the same email listed for the etransfer.

Thank you

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rlp9Q6th8ghvgt1wV7X0jMvvCtZTbCSV&fbclid=IwAR1OcQBvTD1RMVyZLwZ9urhMEDAAEHbDo9_-9VCIfV_TqiG5FbkT5XWt0F8

• 1 month later...

Postponed until this fall (hopefully)