RGC 127, 134 and 151 TNS reps

Just now, Raymond said:

You make them look easy Joe.

Just out of curiosity, do you remember what you could close the first time you tried grippers?

I’ll show you... this is my first ever time touching a gripper at Jedds house in 2017...COC #3

Just now, Ricochet said:

Impressive but still remains totally disgusting... especially since it took me ten years to close my CoC#3! 

I have good grip genetics. I give you a lot of credit, I don’t think I would stick with anything if it took me 10 years to achieve it.

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I have good grip genetics. I give you a lot of credit, I don’t think I would stick with anything if it took me 10 years to achieve it.

Nah, I am pretty stupid... a true gluten for punishment!

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

No it’s called passion and determination!

If you say so... but it was/is most likely due to a wicked obsessive compulsive disorder. 

Plus, back then, I had some of the original Ironmind grippers (circa early 90s) which would mockingly talk shit and laugh at you when you failed to close them. A feature Randall thoughtfully removed in his next generation of grippers (circa 1995). Back to the mocking... that only infuriated me to the point of driving me into rage rep'ing for weeks... months on end which got me no where fast! 

2 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

If you say so... but it was/is most likely due to a wicked obsessive compulsive disorder. 

Plus, back then, I had some of the original Ironmind grippers (circa early 90s) which would mockingly talk shit and laugh at you when you failed to close them. A feature Randall thoughtfully removed in his next generation of grippers (circa 1995). Back to the mocking... that only infuriated me to the point of driving me into rage rep'ing for weeks... months on end which got me no where fast! 

Wow you have been gripping that long? I wish I knew about it back then!!! I just recently heard of this stuff. 

10 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

Wow you have been gripping that long? I wish I knew about it back then!!! I just recently heard of this stuff. 

Yeah, I was introduced to Ironmind's earliest grippers in 1992/93 by some cat I knew from 5th Group who knew Richard Sorin. I was hooked and immediately bought a #1 and #2 and then in 1998 bought an another #1, #2, and #3. Sadly I lost all five of these early IM grippers in the IDF shelling/bombing of the UN HQ during the Gaza War in January 2009. That was what initiated my near ten-year long hiatus from grip training. The last time I closed a CoC#3 was that November/December 2008 before the war. The pic in my profile is actually from this period of time and thus explains the scowl on my grumpy face... I had lost all my grippers!

4 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

Yeah, I was introduced to Ironmind's earliest grippers in 1992/93 by some cat I knew from 5th Group who knew Richard Sorin. I was hooked and immediately bought a #1 and #2 and then in 1998 bought an another #1, #2, and #3. Sadly I lost all five of these early IM grippers in the IDF shelling/bombing of the UN HQ during the Gaza War in January 2009. That was what initiated my near ten-year long hiatus from grip training. The last time I closed a CoC#3 was that November/December 2008 before the war. The pic in my profile is actually from this period of time and thus explains the scowl on my grumpy face... I had lost all my grippers!

Thanks for your service and sacrifice! Good to have you back!

So just wondering Joe. You did 6x TNS close with rgc134 and 4x with rgc 151. So how many reps could you realisticly get with the rgc 134 if you maxed out? Just asking because if I could 'only' do 6 reps with a 134 I woulnd't be able to get even 1 rep with a rgc 151.

Great closes btw!

Easy!

9 minutes ago, Royz said:

So just wondering Joe. You did 6x TNS close with rgc134 and 4x with rgc 151. So how many reps could you realisticly get with the rgc 134 if you maxed out? Just asking because if I could 'only' do 6 reps with a 134 I woulnd't be able to get even 1 rep with a rgc 151.

Great closes btw!

The 134 was AFTER 30 reps with a 108  # 2 and 8 reps with a 127 #2.5 .... then came the 134 and 151. 

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Royz said:

Great closes btw!

And I do not know as I just got these grippers and this was my first time working with them after @bencrush sent them to me.

14 minutes ago, Royz said:

Great closes btw!

You might have the potential to close a #3 at 151 lbs already. Just practice with heavier grippers. If you have one, do one attempt to start each workout, you should be able to close it in a few sessions if your strength level is consistant at the 134 lbs as you mentioned.

Great closes by the way Joseph! 💪

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

You might have the potential to close a #3 at 151 lbs already. Just practice with heavier grippers. If you have one, do one attempt to start each workout, you should be able to close it in a few sessions if your strength level is consistant at the 134 lbs as you mentioned.

Great closes by the way Joseph! 💪

Unfortunately I'm not at that strength level.☹️ It was just an example. I'm really bad with grippers. I can ccs close an rgc 114 for 5-6 reps, but can't ccs close an rgc 131 I've got.

12 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

The 134 was AFTER 30 reps with a 108  # 2 and 8 reps with a 127 #2.5 .... then came the 134 and 151. 

Even more amazing then.