Inch Dumbbell lift (in only 51 days)

lder

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  

I got some good work in with my inch dumbbell today.  Single attempts each hand for a handful of rounds.  Right hand had 4 solid full lifts.  Left hand had just as many partial above the knee lifts.  A few videos below.  

I am very blessed to have the strength to do feats like this with an average build (6'1" 200lbs) and hand size (7 1/2" length, 9 1/2" spread).  I mentioned in another post a few months ago that I wanted to get this done by the end of the year, there were some "it might take you 5 years" and "you might never get it" comments.  I have only had the bell since September 8.  Consistent, focused training along with proper rest and recovery were the key to accomplishing this lift.  As a strength reference I can pull 200lbs on the new Rolling Thunder handle.  

I have been focusing on thick bar lifts, but the inch itself was not a priority in my training.  I believe that this feat is very attainable for anyone who wants to put in the time and has access to training with an actual Inch Dumbbell. 

Thanks goes out to Mike Rinderle for being my freight transport and getting me the bell.  Also, to Adam Glass who encouraged me to work toward this feat.  

• Like 4

Very well done! Easy!!!

Dang fine work John!!

Nice!  I was a doubter.  Impressed.  I have 7.5 inch hands and weigh 175, but seeing you do it, and Yves, makes me think there could be hope if I made it a priority.  But first let me see what I can do with that MM1 ...