2019 International King Kong Grip Challenge - RESULTS

Eric Roussin

38 minutes ago, rsmdon said:

Tanner Merkle was 105 kilos and Lucas Raymond was in Dubai?

Yep. Well, Tanner wasn't 105, but he was more than 93.

6 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

Probably similar to me as I was 94.1kg but didn't want to try to cut weight on top of having jet lag. Tanner is strong enough to compete in any weight class and was only a couple pounds over 93k. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

6 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Probably similar to me as I was 94.1kg but didn't want to try to cut weight on top of having jet lag. Tanner is strong enough to compete in any weight class and was only a couple pounds over 93k. 

The ole gray matter is failing me... how much did our early grip monsters weigh back when they closed the early IM CoC #3s and/or #4s... speaking of Richard Sorin, John Brookfield, and Joe Kinney.

Just curious to know if grip monsters are getting lighter... heavier... or remaining the same.

Edited by Ricochet

@Ricochet I can say from experience that the men's middle weight class talent pool is getting much deeper with time, which would make sense, given that most humans are of average size, so the sample group is way larger.

• Like 2

All King Kong classes are tough to win, but the 105 kg class was particularly deep this year. Check out the names in the top 8:

Men's 105 kg
1 - Tanner Merkle
2 - Ivan Krivykh
3 - Eric Roussin
4 - Pupchenko Ivan
5 - Lucas Raymond
6 - Steve Millard
7 - Thomas Larsen
8 - Adam T Glass

Tanner was the clear winner but the other spots were fiercely contested.

• Like 4

To me the most impressive statistic is the number and breakdown of competitors.  It shows how the popularity of the sport is increasing worldwide.  All weight classes, juniors, seniors, and women were not only represented but had high level results. I found it all encouraging.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I am most impressed with @SarahChappelow in this contest. Blowing away a lot of experienced men in these lifts. Wish I would have made it down to the PA venue to witness it first hand! Congratulations, Queen Kong,  Sarah!!! 

Thank you! I was wondering if you would be there. I'm sure we'll cross paths at a future event.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SarahChappelow said:

Thank you! I was wondering if you would be there. I'm sure we'll cross paths at a future event.  

I usually am, I decided not to on account that I do not like anything hub especially shallow, as I’ve snapped a tendon on one first time I used it  that I can still feel after over a year now. I lent my crusher and LBH to Jedd and Luke to use as an extra so I didn't train any of the lifts as well , so I decided for sure I wasn’t going to do it. Hope to see you soon, though!! Hopefully at Gripmas? Are you going? Gripmas is a bonus because it’s on my birthday! A contest is a great present! Thanks @Tank Andrade

Joe

Edited by Guest

41 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I usually am, I decided not to on account that I do not like anything hub especially shallow, as I’ve snapped a tendon on one first time I used it  that I can still feel after over a year now. I lent my crusher and LBH to Jedd and Luke to use as an extra so I didn't train any of the lifts as well , so I decided for sure I wasn’t going to do it. Hope to see you soon, though!! Hopefully at Gripmas? Are you going? Gripmas is a bonus because it’s on my birthday! A contest is a great present! Thanks @Tank Andrade

Joe

Dude you could have only done the other 3 implements and still ranked high in the contest haha

19 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Dude you could have only done the other 3 implements and still ranked high in the contest haha

Haha thanks for the vote of confidence, Mikey!!

54 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Joe

I hear there will be breakfast sandwiches there... so probably! :)

• Like 1