Muscle stimulation on grippers

Salmon

I heard that in bodybuilding you need to change your exercises monthly to stimulate the muscles and get better results.

Should I bother with it while training on my grippers in the same motion all the time?

I mean I can do negatives or holds or upside down closes but I really hate those.

What do you think guys?

I don't think you need to change exercises, not for grip, not for bodybuilding and not for anything else. What you need to do is to change up the volume and intensity. As you should with all training.

There's tons of assistance exercises you can do, you can change them but if your plan is to get better at grippers you need to train them consistently. The same motion all the time.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2019 at 12:39 AM, Fist of Fury said:

I don't think you need to change exercises, not for grip, not for bodybuilding and not for anything else. What you need to do is to change up the volume and intensity. As you should with all training.

There's tons of assistance exercises you can do, you can change them but if your plan is to get better at grippers you need to train them consistently. The same motion all the time.

Yes periodization seems to be the key.

Look at powerlifting, many programs and coaches will keep the same exercises year round but vary the load, sets and reps

Unfortunally late Rich Piana was a proponent of philosophy called "You gotta confuse the body!" I think his wisdom, though absurd and funny prima facie, has some salt in it. "Confusing the body" means changing volume, exercises and intensity after a month or a week or from day to day. Chaotic trainning that is. That may be excellent for bodybuilding which he was doing. Because it attacks muscles from "all angles" and keep up overall body development which is needed to adapt to "chaos."
It is used in general grip trainning by definition (pinch, oblique, axle, pronation, supination, grippers, deviations and so on...). You cannot train general grip strength otherwise I would say. But if you train grippers specifically you will learn that it doesn't interfere with other grip excercises so it cannot be significantlly improved by "chaotic" general grip trainning.

Heavy wrist rolling; finger rollswrist curls; and farmer's walks absolutely kill my crushing grip so I endeavor to perform them after hand grippers.

Edited by Ricochet