Jump to content
Ricochet

Popeye! A Training Log

Recommended Posts

Ricochet

MONDAY, 17 FEB 2020
CBL FAT W-ROLLER; EXT:
20+ ↑ @ <200#
SAUNA: ~8min @ 104°C
BAND FINGER EXT: ∞ L&R; IM YELLOW
SS JUMP BIKE: ~11km @ ~150m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet

TUESDAY, 18 FEB 2020  (BFR)
BB FAT-GRIP W-CURL:
∞; >102.5kg
SAUNA: ~8min @ 100°C
SS JUMP BIKE: ~5km
TRAD HARD THAI MASSAGE: ~1hr

Edited by Ricochet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet

WEDNESDAY, 19 FEB 2020
DB PRONATOR STRETCH:
 10+ L&R @ >40#
DB INCLINE REV W-CURL: ∞ L&R @ >15#
CBL BELT PRONATION: ∞ L&R @ >35#
PLT-LOADED BELT PRO/SUP: ∞ L&R @ >12.5kg
BAND FINGER EXT: ∞ L&R; IM YELLOW
SAUNA: ~8min @ 106°C
SS JUMP BIKE: ~12.5km @ ~150m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury

How do you manage not to die in the sauna? :laugh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully

Maybe he's Finnish 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury
1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

Maybe he's Finnish 

Must be!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet
21 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

How do you manage not to die in the sauna? :laugh

Used to it!  I had to work my way up to these temps especially here in Thailand with the coupled high humidity.

Edited by Ricochet
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet

THURSDAY, 20 FEB 2020  (BFR)
DB FAT-GRIP SIPES W-CURL:
∞ L&R @ >90#
FAT-GRIP WRIST CURL PUMP:
   CBL SEATED ROW; ∞ @ >160#
   CBL LOW ROW; ∞ @ 200#  
ARM-WRESTLER GOOSENECK PULL-UP: ∞ @ BW
SAUNA: ~8min @ 105°C
SS JUMP BIKE: ~12km @ ~75m

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet

FRIDAY, 21 FEB 2020
H-GRIPPER INVERTED:
∞ L&R @ >GEN150#
IM SILVER BULLET: 10 R; >60s @ CoC#2
PLT REV TILTING CURL: ∞ @ >15kg
BAND FINGER EXT: ∞ L&R; IM YELLOW
SS JUMP BIKE: ~15.5km @ ~110m

 

Measuring time again!  I lost ⅛" in my upper forearms but gained ⅛" in my wrists and made huge gains in my mid-forearms area with over ½" in growth.  Appears that my muscles, especially the flexors, tightened up as they lengthened this phase.  Strength gains have been noticeable this phase so there's that as well as I tend to gain less mass when this happens... my muscles grow denser and harder but in turn I lose girth. As always, measuring is performed cold... without a pump... unflexed... no goosenecking... arm held out straight.

21 FEB 2020 = 81kg    11⅞"   Wrist: 7";      Mid-Arm: 10⅛"

21 NOV 2019 = 82kg   12"      Wrist: 6⅞";    Mid-Arm: 9½"

21 AUG 2019 = 82kg   11¾"   Wrist: 6¾";    Mid-Arm: 9⅛"

21 MAY 2019 = 83kg   11¼"   Wrist: 6¾";    Mid-Arm: ???"

21 MAR 2019 = 83kg   11"      Wrist: 6½";    Mid-Arm: ???"

21 JAN 2019 = 84kg   10¾"    Wrist: 6½;     Mid-Arm: 8½" 

21 AUG 2018 = 86kg    9¾"     Wrist: 6¼";    Mid-Arm: ~8"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet

SATURDAY, 22 FEB 2020
EZ REV SPIDER CURL:
∞ @ >24.5kg
EZ SPIDER CURL: ∞ @ >42kg
BB FAT-GRIP W-CURL: ∞; 33>103kg
   CONSECUTIVE REPS; 75+ @ 83kg
   CONSECUTIVE REPS; 53 @ 93kg
   CONSECUTIVE REPS; 31 @ 103kg
   CONSECUTIVE REPS; 36 @ 103kg
CBL FAT-GRIP WRIST CURL PUMP:
   STANDING GOOSENECK; ∞ L&R @ >200#
SS JUMP BIKE: ~7km

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet

SUNDAY, 23 FEB 2020
*** MALARIA FLASH ***
CBL REV W-CURL:
∞; 30>70#
SS JUMP BIKE: ~3.5km

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet

MONDAY, 24 FEB 2020  (BFR)
DB LEVER U/R-DEVIATION:
∞ L&R @ >5kg
PLT-LOADED BELT PRO/SUP/DEV: ∞ L&R @ >20kg
PLT TABLE CURL: ∞ L&R @ >10kg
DB CHINESE POWER ROW: 13 L&R @ 130#
BAND FINGER EXT: ∞ L&R; IM YELLOW
SS JUMP BIKE: ~19km @ ~175m

SAUNA: ~8min @ 86°C

Edited by Ricochet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet

TUESDAY, 25 FEB 2020
CBL FAT W-ROLLER; FLEX:
10+ ↑ @ >160#
PLT FAT W-ROLLER; FLEX: 5 ↑ @ 5kg
FAT W-ROLLER 'TWO-MAN WAR': 6 - 0
SAUNA: ~8min @ 85°C
SS JUMP BIKE: ~12km @ ~50m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcalpine1986
On 2/21/2020 at 12:51 PM, Ricochet said:

FRIDAY, 21 FEB 2020
H-GRIPPER INVERTED:
∞ L&R @ >GEN150#
IM SILVER BULLET: 10 R; >60s @ CoC#2
PLT REV TILTING CURL: ∞ @ >15kg
BAND FINGER EXT: ∞ L&R; IM YELLOW
SS JUMP BIKE: ~15.5km @ ~110m

 

Measuring time again!  I lost ⅛" in my upper forearms but gained ⅛" in my wrists and made huge gains in my mid-forearms area with over ½" in growth.  Appears that my muscles, especially the flexors, tightened up as they lengthened this phase.  Strength gains have been noticeable this phase so there's that as well as I tend to gain less mass when this happens... my muscles grow denser and harder but in turn I lose girth. As always, measuring is performed cold... without a pump... unflexed... no goosenecking... arm held out straight.

21 FEB 2020 = 81kg    11⅞"   Wrist: 7";      Mid-Arm: 10⅛"

21 NOV 2019 = 82kg   12"      Wrist: 6⅞";    Mid-Arm: 9½"

21 AUG 2019 = 82kg   11¾"   Wrist: 6¾";    Mid-Arm: 9⅛"

21 MAY 2019 = 83kg   11¼"   Wrist: 6¾";    Mid-Arm: ???"

21 MAR 2019 = 83kg   11"      Wrist: 6½";    Mid-Arm: ???"

21 JAN 2019 = 84kg   10¾"    Wrist: 6½;     Mid-Arm: 8½" 

21 AUG 2018 = 86kg    9¾"     Wrist: 6¼";    Mid-Arm: ~8"

This is facinating to me, I like to keep records of my measurements as well. Do you think you could of been dehydrated or carb depleted a bit on the last upper forearm measurement hence the slight reduction?

Ethier way im sure visually they will look bigger as they will have more volume of mass. Its a shame there wasnt an easy way to measure the displacement of your forearms in water to see the increase in size.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet
3 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

This is facinating to me, I like to keep records of my measurements as well. Do you think you could of been dehydrated or carb depleted a bit on the last upper forearm measurement hence the slight reduction?

Ethier way im sure visually they will look bigger as they will have more volume of mass. Its a shame there wasnt an easy way to measure the displacement of your forearms in water to see the increase in size.

Quite possible but I do hydrate quite religiously, every night before bed and each and every morning upon waking... shortly thereafter I measure my arms before they can have a chance to pump up. Carbs wise I don't typically fluctuate that much like some men do so if it is anything it would have to be dehydration. Here is a pic taken today @ 0645 HRS this morning after a 900M fast climb in ~30 minutes with my wife.

WhatsApp-Image-2020-02-27-at-18.32.57.jp

Edited by Ricochet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcalpine1986
2 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

Quite possible but I do hydrate quite religiously, every night before bed and each and every morning upon waking... shortly thereafter I measure my arms before they can have a chance to pump up. Carbs wise I don't typically fluctuate that much like some men do so if it is anything it would have to be dehydration. Here is a pic taken today @ 0645 HRS this morning after a 900M fast climb in ~30 minutes with my wife.

 

Impressive man. You can tell the density is there, they look rock solid. A dorian yates type look. How do you measure the mid forearm? Ive alway found it hard to get the tape to sit level.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet
7 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Impressive man. You can tell the density is there, they look rock solid. A dorian yates type look. How do you measure the mid forearm? Ive alway found it hard to get the tape to sit level.

Thanks; getting there! That is one reason why I prefer not to measure with pumped, flexed, or goosenecked forearms as it can be indeed quite tricky to do.  Our body tape measure is quite good and my wife's Siamese fingers are nimble... made for measuring!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcalpine1986
14 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

Thanks; getting there! That is one reason why I prefer not to measure with pumped, flexed, or goosenecked forearms as it can be indeed quite tricky to do.  Our body tape measure is quite good and my wife's Siamese fingers are nimble... made for 

I measure the same way as you but i also measure with a straight out arm but with wrist curled up or flexed aswell, i keep a record of both measurements. Ive alway measured myself. I suppose someone else doing it would help. I know you do tonnes of exercises but if you want a good one for size, invest in a twist yo wrist from Ironmind. I used to think normal thick bar wrist rollers were good for size and they are but the twist yo wrist have visually increased my forearms in not many sessions. The burn is unreal after 4-5 reps. Ive never had a exercise pump my forearms as much. They are well worth the money.

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet
5 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

I know you do tonnes of exercises but if you want a good one for size, invest in a twist yo wrist from Ironmind. I used to think normal thick bar wrist rollers were good for size and they are but the twist yo wrist have visually increased my forearms in not many sessions. The burn is unreal after 4-5 reps. Ive never had a exercise pump my forearms as much. They are well worth the money.

I had thought about buying that but then changed my mind. I'll definitely be ordering one now here shortly after your recommendation. Thanks for the tip!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcalpine1986
10 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

I had thought about buying that but then changed my mind. I'll definitely be ordering one now here shortly after your recommendation. Thanks for the tip!

No problem. I only do 4 sets of 5 reps,  I stand on a bench for full rom. On the negative when lowering i try to just use my fingertips and thumbs so its like a dynamic pinch exercise as well. Im only using 6.25kg so far. Not much but its hard work, i dont think ive ever had an exercise that works the whole forearm as much in one go. Enjoy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet
14 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

No problem. I only do 4 sets of 5 reps,  I stand on a bench for full rom. On the negative when lowering i try to just use my fingertips and thumbs so its like a dynamic pinch exercise as well. Im only using 6.25kg so far. Not much but its hard work, i dont think ive ever had an exercise that works the whole forearm as much in one go. Enjoy.

Yeah, loaded deviation can indeed be a bear!  I have been performing a psuedo-like "twist yo wrist" movement using my fat wrist roller by holding the ends in similar fashion for a few sets. Just not as wide as the Ironmind implement though.  This movement (radial/ulnar deviation) also can be performed on the barbell band wrist roller with the outer hand and then you switch positions (change sides on the bar) to use the other hand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet

WED-THU, 26-27 FEB 2020
*** DAYS OFF ***
MOUNTAIN CLIMB I: 396-Steps @ ~300m
MOUNTAIN CLIMB II: 902m

 

FRIDAY, 28 FEB 2020
EZ SPIDER CURL:
∞ @ >44.5kg
BB FAT-GRIP W-CURL: ∞; 43>113kg
SAUNA: ~8min @ 75°C
SS JUMP BIKE: ~12.5km @ ~150m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet

SATURDAY, 29 FEB 2020
EZ REV SPIDER CURL:
∞ @ >25.5kg
CBL ROPE HAMMER CURL: ∞ @ >90# 
DB FAT-GRIP REV W-CURL: ∞ L&R @ >25#
BB REV W-CURL: ∞ @ >28kg 
DB LEVER U/R-DEVIATION: ∞ L&R @ >7kg
END-OF-BAR LEVER LIFT w/ MIXED GRIP:
   SHORT BAR; 5 L&R @ >13kg
   BB; 5 L&R @ >23.7.5kg 
SAUNA: ~8min @ 72°C
BAND FINGER EXT: ∞ L&R; IM YELLOW
SS JUMP BIKE: ~24.5km @ ~175m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet
Posted (edited)

SUNDAY, 1 MAR 2020
BB FAT-GRIP W-CURL LIFT:
∞ L&R @ >75kg
CBL FAT-GRIP SUPINE BICEP CURL: ∞ @ >80#
PLT BTB W-CURL: ∞ L&R @ >11.25kg
SAUNA: ~8min @ 76°C
SS JUMP BIKE: ~5km

 

TRAD HARD THAI MASSAGE: ~1hr

Edited by Ricochet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricochet

MONDAY, 2 MAR 2020  (BFR)
BB BAND W-ROLLER:
10min ↑↓ @ 20kg
PLT-LOADED BELT PRO/SUP/DEV: ∞ L&R @ >12.5kg
BB JM PRESS: ∞ @ >40kg
SAUNA: ~8min @ 79°C
BAND FINGER EXT: ∞ L&R; IM YELLOW
SS JUMP BIKE: ~15km @ ~80m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.