Blobs

Porkchopdiesel

This thread is all about the blobs. I’m training to lift blobzilla. Any tips or help would be awesome

Edited by Porkchopdiesel

I can speak for him. After maybe a month of training blobs, he has picked up the blob 50 in addition to several lift on a regular 50 lb blob. His goal is Blobzilla,  which he will have by the year's end...

22 hours ago, Porkchopdiesel said:

This thread is all about the blobs. I’m training to lift blobzilla. Any tips or help would be awesome

I saw you on Instagram if you are James friend. Correct? You are very strong. My humble recommendation with my little knowledge about blobs. Get a blobzilla, train negatives with it. What do I mean is hold it well and use one (or two depending on your strength) finger from your other hand and lift it. Then release the other finger. You will adapt fast.

Edit: Always warm up. Avoid injuries at any cost.

Edited by Alawadhi

What I did with the Blobzilla is wrap a neck trainer around the Blobzilla and attach rubber bands to it which I wrap around my back/neck. Start with an thick one and progressively use a lighter band. I'm going to use the same system after King Kong to lift my 145lbs York which is around 72 pounds.

Here is a picture of how I used it. 

http://imgur.com/a/xWoiGNC

Atleast I prefer building up the strength with easily loadable devices and just use rubber band method to get used to the width. Took me maybe three training sessions with the Blobzilla from feeling "unliftable" to actually lifting it. 

Edited by Mywor
  • Like 4