A Grip Legend Has Left Us

Brett H

It is with great sadness that I pass on the news that Warren Tetting has passed away today on his 86th birthday. Warren was not only a grip legend for his production of grippers and grip implements but he was also an even greater friend to me. I will miss him greatly and I am sure the grip community will as well. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 15

Oh man, sorry hear to hear the news about Warren Tetting passing!  I spoke to him years ago on the phone for close to two hours.  He was very entertaining and knowledgeable. 

• Like 1

May Warren Rest In Peace. A true legend to grip. His contribution to our world throughout these years is priceless.

• Like 3

No Warren Tetting, no Iron Man Grippers. No Iron Man Grippers, no IronMind Grippers. No well-made nutcracker-style grippers, no Gripboard. No Gripboard, no grip hobby, no gripsport, none of the relationships that exist on this forum, from contests, get togethers, etc. 

The Reality is that We Owe Him Everything. 

Peace to you Mr. Tetting. 

• Like 16

The saddest thing to read today. I also used to speak to him and it would've been hour or two. May he rest in peace.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Brett H said:

It is with great sadness that I pass on the news that Warren Tetting has passed away today on his 86th birthday. Warren was not only a grip legend for his production of grippers and grip implements but he was also an even greater friend to me. I will miss him greatly and I am sure the grip community will as well. 

Brett, Since I know you were contacting him a lot. Do any of his kids do grippers now? I know they didn't and went to a different field, but did that change?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

No Warren Tetting, no Iron Man Grippers. No Iron Man Grippers, no IronMind Grippers. No well-made nutcracker-style grippers, no Gripboard. No Gripboard, no grip hobby, no gripsport, none of the relationships that exist on this forum, from contests, get togethers, etc. 

The Reality is that We Owe Him Everything. 

Peace to you Mr. Tetting. 

Very well said Mike.

• Like 1

Very sad news.  His legacy will live on forever. The Mash Monster grippers are his custom work and I am thankful he was around to be able to create them.

• Like 4

R. I. P. 

• Like 2

Yes, I agree.  I never met him, but I have enjoyed trying several of his grippers and am aware of his overarching influence on our sport.  

• Like 1

Haven't signed in in a while. Very sad that this is the first thing I see. I have two Tetting grippers. They are the real deal. RIP Sir.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 7:17 AM, Alawadhi said:

Brett, Since I know you were contacting him a lot. Do any of his kids do grippers now? I know they didn't and went to a different field, but did that change?

Hey Bader, I know that Danny works at Papa Johns, and I am not sure what Ted does. I do know that both are capable of making these grippers but just not sure if they are interested. Sometime maybe I will pass on a kinda funny story regarding them making grippers. 

• Like 3