Dynamometer for measuring grip strenght

Salmon

I saw some videos on youtube with this Dynamometer and decided to get one to further improve my grip training.

It seems too expensive and the popular one I see: " Baseline® Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer " seems to have a problem where if you squeeze it fast it shows more weight than your actual strength.

Anyway I was wondering if I should even get one, which one is good, and your overall opinion about it.

It's not a strength training tool, it's a fun toy but absolutely not essential to build world class crushing power. 

• Like 3

Are you looking to get a 200lb or 300lb one? 

It’s a diagnostic tool to test baseline grip strength in the easiest fashion in a physical and occupational therapy setting . Not worth the money unless you just “want one” for your grip collection. You are much better off with the previously mentioned tools.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:48 AM, Salmon said:

I saw some videos on youtube with this Dynamometer and decided to get one to further improve my grip training.

It seems too expensive and the popular one I see: " Baseline® Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer " seems to have a problem where if you squeeze it fast it shows more weight than your actual strength.

Anyway I was wondering if I should even get one, which one is good, and your overall opinion about it.

I think they are fun, but I don't think of them as very related to training.  I think of them more like testing or playing.

6 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I think they are fun, but I don't think of them as very related to training.  I think of them more like testing or playing.

I can tell you I see zero carryover to an actual gripper, if that’s what he is hoping to achieve with its use.