Pinch Strength/ Advice

AdriaanRobert96

Hey again fam🤙🏽 As I stated in previous post I started working on the 6mm pinch grip the past 2 weeks.

I’ve been going hard at it and hit a PR of 55lbs yesterday.

Now it really starts getting hard!

My question is, how do progress from now on?

Besides keep training it of course.

I am thinking more about the programming, should I keep at it with the typical ”strength” protocol?

Low reps, lots of rest and progressive overload?

Just asking to see if some of ya’ll experienced fellas have something to offer as far as advice goes.

Thanks in advance:)

All ive done is take a max and do 80% each session. My 64mm 2hp has been going up pretty quick. Im closing in on that 200 mark. Popped up 191 the other day. Nearly got 200 at 54mm too. my 1hp is slower but still seeing progress and i bumped down percentage to 70-75. I generally have been doing 4 sets of 3 and taking 3-4 minutes if rest. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Its weird but working. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KapMan said:

All ive done is take a max and do 80% each session. My 64mm 2hp has been going up pretty quick. Im closing in on that 200 mark. Popped up 191 the other day. Nearly got 200 at 54mm too. my 1hp is slower but still seeing progress and i bumped down percentage to 70-75. I generally have been doing 4 sets of 3 and taking 3-4 minutes if rest. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Its weird but working. 

Hmm I’ll keep this in mind🤙🏽Thanks a lot🤔And yeah, the rest is crucial for strength.

5 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Short answer, add in timed holds 

Will totally add those in, but ego always takes over🤨😂Thank a lot pal!