CoC 4 CCS & GHP 9 block set 3 reps - by David Shamey

Anemptybox

Awesome work! Congratulations. Any ratings on these grippers?

1 hour ago, Paul Savage said:

I asked him on YT, will be interesting to hear if they're rated. (I hope the topic title didn't make it seem like it's me in the video. I'll also add a comment in the first post to make it more clear.)

Edited by Anemptybox

Does this guy have any major gripper certifications. I have never seen anyone set a ghp 9 so easily. That looked like zero effort for him to set. He wasn’t even in proper position to utilize his chest. All the closes looked effortless also 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Does this guy have any major gripper certifications. I have never seen anyone set a ghp 9 so easily. That looked like zero effort for him to set. He wasn’t even in proper position to utilize his chest. All the closes looked effortless also 

Did the 3.5 and 3 in one sitting.

It's crazy how easy that position looks for him

Edited by dean_redzic

9 minutes ago, dean_redzic said:

Did the 3.5 and 3 in one sitting.

It's crazy how easy that position looks for him

He certed both the same day?

It's like I can't believe my eye's watching this. 

12 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

He said on youtube, 85 and 86kg, so very light for the COC4 and GHP9. Around 190lbs each.

1 hour ago, Goran Paulinič said:

This must be a mutation in forearm biology! An Oleg Zhokh of grip. God grip.

Yup, he's a monster, I'm not even surprised that someone with forearms like that can CCS close a #4.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Crazy. Well it looks like we got a legit contender to cert the 4 under the new rules 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

Crazy. Well it looks like we got a legit contender to cert the 4 under the new rules 

Yes but 190 lbs is probably the lowest #4 I've ever heard about. I think he needs at least 20 lbs more strength to get the cert. But I think he can do it, this gripper close didn't look too hard for him.

4 hours ago, kasparov said:

He said on youtube, 85 and 86kg, so very light for the COC4 and GHP9. Around 190lbs each.

Ah there's hope for me yet then! Actually done around 12lb more haha No idea how people get such light grippers I've bought maybe 10 #4's (stupidly) and lightest has been 205lb, most a good bit harder. I've even got a 3.5 as hard as this. That said it's still great to see and he is one very strong dude, he pressed the millennium for 5 reps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Ah there's hope for me yet then! Actually done around 12lb more haha No idea how people get such light grippers I've bought maybe 10 #4's (stupidly) and lightest has been 205lb, most a good bit harder. I've even got a 3.5 as hard as this. That said it's still great to see and he is one very strong dude, he pressed the millennium for 5 reps.

Same here, I have bought many grippers and I never got any light ones. I always had to buy pre-rated or second hand to find lower ratings.

Wow very strong! Keep it up.

2 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

5 reps? Any videos?

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Wow very strong! Keep it up.

5 reps? Any videos?

Surely

Edited by SeNoLD
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Same here, I have bought many grippers and I never got any light ones. I always had to buy pre-rated or second hand to find lower ratings.

Yeah even that 205 was a pre rated one.

Amazing! And welcome to the gripbard, Senold!

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 9:39 PM, SeNoLD said:

Surely

Great! What is your stats? Height? Weight? Handsize? Bench, deadlifts, pushpress, squats? Interested to you. You have a future and might be invited to Dubai's next big comp!

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Great! What is your stats? Height? Weight? Handsize? Bench, deadlifts, pushpress, squats? Interested to you. You have a future and might be invited to Dubai's next big comp!

181cm 110kg hand +-20cm
Bench for a very long time not doing somewhere in the area of 200kg, deadlifts 310, squats 250.
In strongman, I'm more technical than strong)

• Like 2

On 10/3/2019 at 1:39 PM, SeNoLD said:

Surely

The guys in the background were having more trouble loading the cart than you were pressing that beast!  Outstanding!