Article on the Human Grip

Jim Nonnemacher

Keep this thread on topic. I removed post that contributed nothing. I will leave with the rules of the Gripboard.

Rules of the GripBoard

1. Posts, avatars, and signatures may not contain: profanity, flaming, personal attacks, nudity, spam, rants, debates, politics, negativity, fund-raisers, or advertisements.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

Keep this thread on topic. I removed post that contributed nothing. I will leave with the rules of the Gripboard.

Rules of the GripBoard

1. Posts, avatars, and signatures may not contain: profanity, flaming, personal attacks, nudity, spam, rants, debates, politics, negativity, fund-raisers, or advertisements.

You  mean “contributes nothing” as in showing a conflicting  view of a constantly referred  to theory like it’s fact and showing the other side of the coin ? I’m sure if a grip technique was shown to have another side to the coin or may not be true at all, others would want the other side! How very one sided this world has become! I realize “your site your rules”, but the censorship is HUGELY one sided! There was no name calling, there were articles presented showing opposing evidences, but since a few don’t agree it gets shut down? Only in America! If it’s getting shut down in the matter of “debates” then just about every thread on here violates that rule in some way..... just saying.

Edited by Guest

I totally agree with Joe.

We have views that are polar opposites but I can’t stand when things are censored/deleted. 

There was nothing wrong with that thread other than it “violating” some arbitrary “rules” 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

We have views that are polar opposites but I can’t stand when things are censored/deleted. 

There was nothing wrong with that thread other than it “violating” some arbitrary “rules” 

Thanks, Frank! I thought the same! This happens very often. I have shown no one any disrespect as I consider you all my friends! We as adults should be able to discuss different things like this. After all, this is a discussion thread. And that topic comes up quite often, but I am the one that has to shut my mouth.  🤔 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You  mean “contributes nothing” as in showing a conflicting  view of a constantly referred  to theory like it’s fact and showing the other side of the coin ? I’m sure if a grip technique was shown to have another side to the coin or may not be true at all, others would want the other side! How very one sided this world has become! I realize “your site your rules”, but the censorship is HUGELY one sided! There was no name calling, there were articles presented showing opposing evidences, but since a few don’t agree it gets shut down? Only in America!

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Thanks, Frank! I thought the same! This happens very often.

1 minute ago, FrankSobotka said:

if you have a problem with the whole board and the process of what goes behind everything on this site take any and all of your personal issues up with @Wannagrip 

Here is my process: I look at the rules, if members are pushing it, I go to other moderators and get input. If I know for certain that rules are clearly being broken I take action. I keep it simple and to the point.

Rules are rules and if it's my job to enforce them in any shape as a Moderator, it's what I have to do, even if another member disagrees.

1 minute ago, John McCarter said:

if you have a problem with the whole board and the process of what goes behind everything on this site take any and all of your personal issues up with @Wannagrip 

Here is my process: I look at the rules, if members are pushing it, I go to other moderators and get input. If I know for certain that rules are clearly being broken I take action. I keep it simple and to the point.

Rules are rules and if it's my job to enforce them in any shape as a Moderator, it's what I have to do, even if another member disagrees.

I understand, it’s your job, but it should be consistent across the board. 👍

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

I do!

Any other mod you talk to them.

33 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

We are human and cannot catch every word of every post. We do our best and John has been doing it a long time. Did I mention he does it for the love of grip and volunteers his time? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

We are human and cannot catch every word of every post. We do our best and John has been doing it a long time. Did I mention he does it for the love of grip and volunteers his time? 

Well, he did say my post “contributed nothing” to the  thread, most likely because it’s not his view and he was being  a little more judgemental about it than just someone that was responding to a complaint about the clean content that was being discussed. My post even had articles supporting the opposing view to what was being discussed. Bottom line is, evolution was being discussed as it was a major topic of the article that I chose to point out, and some people didn’t like it. I don’t agree with evolution, but you don’t see me reporting every thread discussing it like some people do when there is an opposing view to their world view . What they don’t want to hear is that it’s a theory and not proven and didn’t like that is was MAJORLY being rebutted. And that’s the bottom line. Have a nice night! 

Edited by Guest

Yeah I closed this. We are done with the religious offshoot which has nothing to do with the purpose of this forum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1