North America's NO.1 ranked Keypincher

Kluv#0

Having some fun - video is on a whim this A.M. 115. 3 lb easy 2 hands shallow hub(Griptopz) Keypinch - on lightly chalked hub

• Like 6

BOSS.jpg.6a2e1e94fd2f978f61127af39b3657fa.jpg

Top is 2 hands shallow hub(Griptopz) keypinch and bottom list is Otevoima Finnish ball. David Horne and myself are the only men to hold BOTH OVERALL 1 and 2 hand Keypinch WR's. 

Edited by Kluv#0
Additional facts
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Only American on there. Sad.

True Shawn but keypinching aint easy, LOL. I love reminding people that Americans trained for over 7 months on Stub for KK'17 and I beat the nearest by 4lbs which is equivalent to getting beat by 40lbs on crusher! Strong is Strong. Iam done patting myself on the KP back:)

stub.thumb.png.dd0c6a7c398888f4f7291906b038caff.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10/8/19 PR for 5 reps - 108lb on chalked shallow hub. All reps 20" or higher although contest required min. is 13" Keypinching ain't easy...

Nice! I gotta start playing with KP again.  Pinching the slick CAP 101s was a heck of a challenge.  You can probably add 30 lbs now. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Nice! I gotta start playing with KP again.  Pinching the slick CAP 101s was a heck of a challenge.  You can probably add 30 lbs now. 

Last week I was mentioning to a buddy that you, Jedd,  Adam are all good at KP. I do it 1x week and very brief- 1 top end set and 1 timed hold. Yeah, that Cap 101plate is very slippery!! I will try to reclaim overall WR on this after KK  and the Masters(LOL) WR on regular shallow hub lift, so it will be interesting. IMO, Arm Assassin Mini-inch pinch is the best to condition thumb and index for KP.

Edited by Kluv#0
spelling
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Couple days ago KP outer rim 25kg timed hold with much weaker left hand and this A.M. 2 hand KP nastiness

Do you think keypinch produces any benefits for gripper closes?  Probably not much, but I like KP and I like grippers, so I figured I would ask.  I would like to work toward joining you in the MM2 Masters category.  I get most of my gripper advice from Chez, and you can't beat that, but since you are a KP guy I figured you might have unique input on that angle.

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Do you think keypinch produces any benefits for gripper closes?  Probably not much, but I like KP and I like grippers, so I figured I would ask.  I would like to work toward joining you in the MM2 Masters category.  I get most of my gripper advice from Chez, and you can't beat that, but since you are a KP guy I figured you might have unique input on that angle.

Vinnie, as far as KP helping out gripper closes- I don't think directly but top level keypinchers have lots of dog in them and that may help in attaining various short and long term goals. You will achieve MM2 no doubt in my mind and I concur with you that MM7 beast dishes out great gripper advice. What helped me in MM2 was eliminating all thickbar for 2 months prior to cert. 

• Like 1

awesome stuff Mike. I actually love key pinch. I hardly ever train it (mostly cause its rarely contested in the USA) and I am no where near your level but I am also Naturally strong at it (finished third in the hands across the sea comp at jedds with england yearsback. Only two that beat where David Horn and Jedd and I barely trained it). I should throw it in my routine since none of my injured fingers are involved. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chez said:

awesome stuff Mike. I actually love key pinch. I hardly ever train it (mostly cause its rarely contested in the USA) and I am no where near your level but I am also Naturally strong at it (finished third in the hands across the sea comp at jedds with england yearsback. Only two that beat where David Horn and Jedd and I barely trained it). I should throw it in my routine since none of my injured fingers are involved. 

Thanks MM7 Beast. That is very impressive your finish behind DH and Jedd! American grip propaganda machine likes to downplay keypinch but I will take someone who is strong at keypinch over someone who can only lift a blob 24/7 365. Rest of the world has figured it out maybe someday America grip scene will. You were good at IM hub as I recall with a strong lift so I can imagine you being good at KP.

• Thanks 1

Screwing around today and thought of doing this- Inner rim Keypinch Rogue 25kg plate. Big shout out to Jaakko Nikkila from Finland for extending the Overall Shallow hub KP WR to a crazy impressive 55.3 kg - 121.91 lbs. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JasonD said:

Nice! That’s gotta be hard! 

Thank you Jason, It was pretty demanding on the CNS:)  I was really bored and I noticed how shallow the lip of inner rim was and decided to give it a go. TBH, it was not very hard but the uniqueness was pretty cool.

Definitely would come in handy if you worked for  your towns public works dept! Wouldn’t need the hook to lift up manhole covers! 

Edited by Guest

50 LB U.S. Quarter Keypinch

Edited by Kluv#0

• 4 weeks later...

117.4 lbs. held over 5 seconds. 2 hands Griptopz Shallow Hub Keypinch 

Edited by Kluv#0

• 2 weeks later...

117.6 lbs WOG shallow hub 2HKP Crossbar @ 22" (13" required) & 2HKP ArmAssassin mini- inch pinch 112.7lbs

This is done with thumb NOT going over lip of outer rim- with much weaker left hand!

Edited by Kluv#0
add

• 3 weeks later...

1/22/20 2HKP IM hub 127.8lbs w/ inner rim 101lb cap plate

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Nice job on that! You definitely need a lot of flexibility to get down that low for the plate key pinch. 

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

BMF

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

BMF

Thanks Grip Beast!

31 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Nice job on that! You definitely need a lot of flexibility to get down that low for the plate key pinch. 

TBH, inner rim KP is just plain difficult especially on this particular CAP 101 lbs. plate. Need excellent KP ability and tad bit of chest crush at right time🙏🦁

9 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Grip Beast!

TBH, inner rim KP is just plain difficult especially on this particular CAP 101 lbs. plate. Need excellent KP ability and tad bit of chest crush at right time🙏🦁

I agree! Good point! It is not easy at all.