Using vulcan gripper with no chalk

dean_redzic

Does anyone have any ideas on a way to use the vulcan gripper in a situation where chalk is just not possible?

I am normally fine for the first few sets, but it just gets slippery after that.

Some sort of adhesive spray maybe?

Edit: I have used sports tape in the past but it seems to change the diameter of the handles too much and it was still slippery 

Edited by dean_redzic

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I ended up with....and it is perfect!

Not sticky or tacky but dries the hands out perfectly.

download (1).jpeg

Just remember, if you're going to compete. Magnesium carbonate (non liquid) is the only substance allowed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Just remember, if you're going to compete. Magnesium carbonate (non liquid) is the only substance allowed.

Yeah I use chalk when in the gym or at home but I needed something to do some RRBT sessions while in an office setting.

I cant use chalk in a meeting room!!!!!!

Edited by dean_redzic

13 minutes ago, dean_redzic said:

Yeah I use chalk when in the gym or at home but I needed something to do some RRBT sessions while in an office setting.

As I said liquid chalk should work. I use this when I'm training at home and I can even touch stuff if I'm careful, it won't leave much of a trace, if it does it's easy to clean of with paper.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dean_redzic said:

It's interesting that you are doing RBBT with a Vulcan.  Is your goal to close big grippers, or are you focused on laying a base down for future training?

8 hours ago, jchapman said:

It's interesting that you are doing RBBT with a Vulcan.  Is your goal to close big grippers, or are you focused on laying a base down for future training?

Laying down a base. 

But I have MMS'd a #3 from vulcan use only. I wanted to run RRBT to give me a bigger launching pad an run the same cycle again...but hopefully higher numbers

• Like 1